OK ENUFF

Started by Dave, November 29, 2006, 06:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"I lost internet so i went to the store early this morning and bought some supplys.  Dont look like im gonna make the evening hunt today but ill sure be there tomorrow if the weather is good.
Dave :!:  :arrow:
I thought you weren't posting because I had ,,,,,, you off. I was just signing on to send you an apology when I saw that you had made a post. The deer hunter joke sounded funny in my mind and talking to someone it still might have been funny but it certainly wasn't that funny in print. Believe it or not it wasn't meant as a stab at you. It seems that most of the schools in this county were closed Monday an Tuesday because of deer season and to me that seems like "Overkill". GPster

choco

I got my zoomies on.....

Then going to a garage scene with a few of the guys....

In my Plymouth.....
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

Dave

Quote from: chocoI got my zoomies on.....

Very Nice
Dave :arrow:

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "SKR8PN"I been busy doin' this.......

Looks almost as much fun as this......  

A ten second quarter in a straight line on bitumen is fun, but a ten second quarter on dirt with four corners is funner.   :wink:

Been there,done that as well :lol:  :lol:  
I still dig my 9 second quarter miles,IN A STREET CAR! Thank you very much 8)  8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Carps

Quote from: "Crosley"I MUST be careful though!  Give me a flat area ( like work bench or other) I will fill it UP with 'stuff'.  Trying to break that habit for a decade or two now.  :lol:

Habit?

Heck, I thought that was one of the rules!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "SKR8PN"I still dig my 9 second quarter miles,IN A STREET CAR! Thank you very much 8)  8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I noticed in the photoes that you go 'both ways' too.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Carps

Hey Choco, considering the crap I cop for my lack of windows and 'upholstery' I've just gotta ask,, when ya gunna get a grille for that thing?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

choco

Quote from: "Carps"Hey Choco, considering the crap I cop for my lack of windows and 'upholstery' I've just gotta ask,, when ya gunna get a grille for that thing?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Gosh, you are so funny, Carps. I've NEVER heard THAT one before!
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

alchevy

The heater is part of the a/c unit that's under the dash. Have the a/c hooked up, but not the heater. AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

i guess i could post pics again of mine with no wheels but ? Im delivering the spindles and steering arms,rotors ,calipers and tie rod. sunday and monday hopefully im going to order new round back spindles and the better looking brake kit and steering arms etc etc. I have a priorty of looks for an open wheel car so im going to make it nice. I hope to get everything in plaace tween xmas and new years. I am planning a trip to Ft wayne for the indoor midget show then and also some more deer hunting and????? If my buddy Vance makes it into town from texas Ill be heading to Swanton Ohio to meet him. I heard a rumor he could be in town. being an old racer type id like to get em all together in Ft wayne
Dave :!:  :arrow:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bombcan

since everybody's talking about their projects,  sold the Model A, rode in a 60 chevy wagon for a  while,  then a 76 vette.  All those are gone now and I bet I'm the only one here working on a 64 Econoline van!  LOL

Gonna try to re-live my teenage years in the 70's, but with some current touches.  Just found a  chevy v6 form an S10 (if it'll fit in the dog house), with overdrive tranny.

Plans are for  the box to be  lowered over big inch wheels.  It's at a buddy's body shop right now getting some of the bigger work done, and maybe this weekend we'll start on the motor transplant, (or rebuild).

Hopefully will be driving it to Myrtle Beach for the Run to the sun, in March.

Carnut

My Buddy Roger Mingle has been running his 65 Econoline, w/SBF power, around a bit this year. Been showing off his newly completed Teardrop.

bombcan

that's a neat looking Econoline.  Those van-ups are getting really popular, I had no idea too many were ever made, even though they are rare, ther are many more of those available than vans right now.  Guess the "hippies" and vanners of the 60's & 70's took care of those  8)

I don't know what year they made the doghouse bigger, but your post tells me a v6 shouldn't have any problems fitting.

Love those teardrop trailers

GPster

Like a need another project, but today is the day the weekly Bulletine Board comes out and there has been a Corvair van it there for the last couple of weeks. It says that there is no title for it but if it happens to be my old one they may never have changed the title and it may still be in my name. I'd shorten the body and put a 5th wheel above an exposed engine and have a mini camper for it. By running an exposed engine there might be room for the 140HP throttle linkage and air cleaner because I certainly couldn't figure out how to get it under the engine cover. GPster

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"I am planning a trip to Ft wayne for the indoor midget show.
Dave :!:  :arrow:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

After it's over, are you going to make small talk with them... :?:

And how does this differ from an outdoor midget show... :?:

I guess since it's indoors, they don't have to wear their jackets... :wink:

Save your leftover popsicle sticks...midgets need ski's too... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...