Kzoo show ?

Started by Dave, September 01, 2006, 10:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Sounds like were all set up. i didnt make it to the fairgrounds (too busy drinking beer at the host motel!) but i got my registration done while they all set up. I guess they were concerned about me lifting  stuff over my head but i told em i had the doctors ok.  I saw frank (slocrow) and jack (phatrat) and joe (slowcrows buddy) and george(PURPLEPICKUP) but i didnt see frank sr (enjenjoe)but then i didnt make it to the fairgrounds.. I was actually waiting for my buddy that i did the yellow model a for and i finally found him. Lots of cars going west as i was heading home east on the harley! Lots of neat swap meet stuff going west also. Im looking for a project so im gonna try and get there early tomorrow......... Im taking the camera and ill try and post some pics thru the weekend as im driving back and forth all weekend. Dont hold your breath though
Dave 8)  :lol:  8)  :lol:  8)  :arrow:

ps: be sure and ask slocrow about his headlights!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Will someone please save Big Olds a parking spot at the RRT encampment.  We should be at the fairgrounds by 11am Friday morning.  Thanks!

Also, I will have a couple of extra buttons AND an extra car pass for Sunday cuz Dad's not coming on Sunday.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

If somebody needs a button to get in I've got an extra.  Got a children's pass too.  PM me tonight.
George

I sure hope you guys aren't getting soaked.....It rained nearly all day today,is still raining and is supposed to rain thru Monday.Have fun!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Quote from: "40"I sure hope you guys aren't getting soaked.....It rained nearly all day today,is still raining and is supposed to rain thru Monday.Have fun!

It quit raining thursday about 9 am and its been great ever since. Perfect day yesterday and better today. Im up having coffee and im gonna shower clean the 32 and head bck out. We told a lot of true stories yesterday and im sure more will come today :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "N8DC"Im gonna shower clean the 32 and head back out

Dave :arrow:

How do you get the car into the bathtub? Aren't you worried about it dripping oil on the carpet?

)bye(

You guys are up kinda early for a Saturday  :P   Woke up to bright sunshine here also this morning.....Gotta love those weathermen!! Glad the weather is cooperating.....sure wish I was there instead of headed to work  :( ......You guys have fun!!!

purplepickup

Quote from: "40"You guys have fun!!!
We are! :D   The weather has been great, nice laid back atmosphere, and lots of great conversation with friends....just a real comfortable weekend.  Here's a few pics.

RRT encampment

Early morning coffe's on

....and Breakfast

RRTers and HAMBers jaw jackin'

Ken perfecting his cooking skills

Mmmmm...Dave and Sue enjoying dinner

I was really nice to see Brett (flamefink) and his family again.

Oh, did I mention that Brett's mom brought three of his grandma's famous fresh strawberry cake?  It's delicious!  I had 6 pieces and there's still some left for tomorrow.  Yummmmmm :D

Kurt isn't an RRTer but a good guy and a part of our group.  Nice jalopy he's got there

Some after dinner rod talk

Life is good :D
George

Grandadeo

Sure looks like I need to pencil in the "Zoo" on next year's calendar.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

phat rat

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Sure looks like I need to pencil in the "Zoo" on next year's calendar.

Lee

Sounds like a winning idea to me. We always have a ball and this year was no exception
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

George....Thanks for posting the photos! Looks like everybody had a Great Time!! I too,need to pencil this in for next year.Actually,I had it scheduled for this year instead of the GoodGuys in K.C. I had a delay in material for the home we're building which freed me up for K.C. but shot me down for KZoo.Contrary to the weather forecast....it was a beautiful weekend here as well!

n.c.rodder

Well guys, sorry I couldn't have stayed longer......you know, so much to do & so little time to do it in. :cry:  But wow!!! what a great show, the weather was perfect & we were up 140 over last year, can't ask for it any better.

I had a record turn out over in the Streets of Rods on Saturday. 48 Canadian Country, 46 Ford in a Ford and 11 Below 29 signed in. I was told that they have never had over 100 in a single day - So thanks goes out to everybody who participated. :D

I didn't see it, but if I had to guess, I'ld bet OBT had something to do with that sign in front of Curt's car. :wink:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Dave

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"Well guys, sorry I couldn't have stayed longer......you know, so much to do & so little time to do it in. :cry:  But wow!!! what a great show, the weather was perfect & we were up 140 over last year, can't ask for it any better.

I had a record turn out over in the Streets of Rods on Saturday. 48 Canadian Country, 46 Ford in a Ford and 11 Below 29 signed in. I was told that they have never had over 100 in a single day - So thanks goes out to everybody who participated. :D

I didn't see it, but if I had to guess, I'ld bet OBT had something to do with that sign in front of Curt's car. :wink:

Ya that was all Kenny

Mike

Mike I believe I missed ya and sorry if I did. Kzoo is my favorite show just cause we see all the local guys and if you havent noticed and it was dicussed this weekend that the franks are thinking about moving to michigan so they fit in here on the board :lol:  :lol:
Were taking it over us michigan guys. And we should cause we need to straighten out a coulple of guys from florida and texas :!:
Ha Ha just kidding bryan and vance :wink:  We love everyone comming and from what I hear the venison Brats, dogs and we also found some polish sausage was a big hit as well as the hunter sticks and summer sausage we had to munch on when we wernt eating.  Oh ya the french toast breakfast was also to die for on sunday :arrow:  I saved up and fell off the healthy heart diet this weekend but know what :?:  Im alive and the food was great. Its kinda funny though im looking forward to fish tonite......
Im sure everyone is reading this post so here is the other news except for the license plate junk and thats on another post.
Sue and I have been talking about another project for me. Actually she has more than I have. Well I purchased a 32 glass roadster saturday. My plan is build built it right but slower than my 32 Ill post a link to my web pages at the bottom for the newbies if you care to check it out.  Im doing this to hopefully sell and make some money and also to just do another car and instead of hammering for 6 months to get it done work on it when i want and enjoy the build. I have an idea on the direction i want to go with it but ya know  :?:  I could and prolly will change my mind as i go. I hope to have it done in a year and i should have. Im doing it similar to my 32 but not quite as nice. I love my coupe but sometimes its too nice :!:
I hope to have the new one tomorrow evening but its up to the man that i bought it from thats gonna deliver it. Ill get pics first chance I get .Hummm my camera is still in my car from the weekend.and i just came from cleaning it up. CRS I suppose
Dave
Link to my web pages
http://home.comcast.net/~n8dc-8/

EMSjunkie

Congrats on the new project Bro!!!  good for you. I bet ya don't sell it tho :lol:

I was just thinkin' the other day........yeah, it hurt just a little :P ........

I would really like to build a badazz 5-window, or one of those 34 extended cab pick-ups that Speedway sells.......or........a neighbor down the road has quite a few (15+) fat fendered pickups :?

either way, its gonna have a blower stickin' outta the hood :shock:

can't wait to see some pix

Vance

p.s  that pix of you eatin' corn got me to thinkin'.........you like banjo music  :?:  :wink:
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "N8DC"
 we need to straighten out a coulple of guys from florida and texas :!:
Dave

http://home.comcast.net/~n8dc-8/

Dude, we need to talk :roll:

I just checked out your homepage......... killer 34  8)  8)

I thought I was having Dejavue'

nice color too :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****