Bad News

Started by enjenjo, January 19, 2006, 08:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

As some of you may know, I have been building a 41 Chevy for a close friend. This guy has been a close buddy for over 20 years, and is probably my number one car buddy. He had some health problems in the last few years, he was diabetic, which caused problems with his eyesight, and 4 years ago his kidneys failed, so he has been on diaylisis. We talked on the phone often, and I stopped to vist with him, but he was kind of tied to that machine, so we couldn't travel together much like he dreamed. Last spring he gave me the GMC truck that he bought from me in 1993, because he couldn't use it any more, and it had been setting for some time. His first wife died from a type of Lupus, she got sick and was gone in less that two weeks. Fortunately he found another lady who loved him very much.

His wife called this morning, he passed away from cardiac arrest last night. There wasn't any drama, which I am glad for, he had been through too much in the last few years.

I miss you Price.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dirk35

:( :(  :(  :(

Im sorry to hear about your friend and hope your doing ok. Loss of an individual is never easy. Its the worst part of life itself.

reborn55

Sorry for your loss.  It is always very difficult to lose a close friend.  Prayers for you and your friends family.

sirstude

Frank,

I sure am sorry you lost a friend, seems to be happening too often nowdays (probably our age), but it still hurts.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

EMSjunkie

Sorry to hear that Frank.  :(

I will keep you and the family in my prayers.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

rooster

Sorry to her about your friend! :(

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm sorry to hear that Frank. Remember the good days.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Sad news......The loss of a good friend is always tough.Take consolation in the fact he went peacefully and remember the good times.Unfortunately,sometimes life just plain sucks!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

GPster

The only long time friend I have I'm married to. Having known you for a little while I can just imagine what being a long time friend of yours is like. I'm sure the time he spent thinking about the way things used to be there was a comfort to him knowing you were still around. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Frank, I'm really sorry to hear the news.  My thoughts and prayers are with you, his family and friends.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

36vicky

Frank, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  I haven't met you in person yet, but from what I know of you here on the RRT - to be called a close friend of yours is a real compliment.  He must have been quite a guy and will surely be missed.  Take care, we'll keep you both in our prayers.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

kb426

Sorry for your loss. Last year about this time, there was a steady stream of posts about losses in our lives, I hope this isn't the beginning.
TEAM SMART

TJ's Dad

Frank, that is sad ... good mates are hard to come by.  I guess its the age we're at ..... we've lost quite a few top blokes in recent times and yep its hard , my thoughts are with you.

I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Bruce Dorsi

My sympathies, Frank, for the loss of your friend!

~~~~Bruce
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

WZ JUNK

It is sad to hear that you have lost a friend.  I feel that a mans wealth is measured in the number of true friends that he has.  It is a great loss when one of them passes.  My thoughts are with you.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH