Ok ill start it ! Nats north is only a few weeks away.......

Started by Dave, August 21, 2005, 03:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

My boss just told me I can leave right after a 1pm meeting I have on Friday afternnon.  The meeting should only last an hour.  I'm driving Big Olds to work and it's exactly 2 hours to the host hotel.  I'll see you guys at the fairgrounds by 5pm on Friday.  Save me a burger or dog. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

48ford

Can someone tell me how do you get to the fair grounds off of I-94?
Anyone know the exit number or road that I would take.
Thanks Russ&Irene

phat rat

Quote from: "48ford"Can someone tell me how do you get to the fair grounds off of I-94?
Anyone know the exit number or road that I would take.
Thanks Russ&Irene

Sprinkle Rd turn right (north), go to the divided highway about a mile up the road (second light after you turn) turn left, go to the first light turn right, go to stop sign turn left and your there
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HotRodLadyCrusr

OR, if your coming from the east, like I think you are, that the exit before Sprinkle, which is called "business 94", this is the divided highway that Jack just mentioned.  When you come off the freeway just keep going straight.  About a mile down you will cross over Sprinkle.  That first lite after Sprinkle (less then one block) turn right.  Stop sign, turn left.  The entrance to the fairgrounds is on your left.  If your brining a daily driver, just after the entrance to the fairgrounds is a sidestreet on your left.  Turn there and a parking lot is on your right.

If your coming on Saturday and/or Sunday, without a classic car, call me on my cell phone when you get to the parking lot and I will come out and pick you up in Big Olds and have a couple of button passes to get you in.  734 673 6930

If you are bringing a pre-49 car you will need to go to the host hotel off Sprinkle to register BEFORE you come out to the fairgrounds.

phat rat

Your right Denice I forgot that. I'm so used to coming in from the west. But now he knows two ways in case he misses one. :lol:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Also, I just wanted to mention that I'll be bringing the RRT scrapbooks that Shelby and I worked so hard on last winter.  It's still not "complete", got some more journaling to do, and now we'll have to add photos from 2005 too.  Hopefully Shelby, I and perhaps Debb can get together this winter and work on it some more.  

Anyway, they will be there for all to look at.  Please help yourselves when you see them.

One more thing.  I'm going to the store tomorrow after work to pick up a couple dozen eggs, bread, syrup, milk and butter.  I'd like to cook French Toast for everyone on Saturday morning.....with cookies for dessert :wink:

purplepickup

Well as usual I'm doing the last minute scramble.  I finally got the body of the sedan project I'm selling, loaded on the trailer tonight...by myself.  Amazing what you can do with brains instead of brawn.   It just took a lot of time and I've still got to get the chassis loaded and everything tied down tomorrow after work.  

I've got the big canopy and two little ones in my van and I'll be over to registration around 2 tomorrow.  I didn't pre-register again so I'll have to wait in line.  I'd like to get the stuff set up so I've still got enough time to get home and get the sedan ready to take over to the swap early Friday morning.  I won't have my pickup there Friday AM so I can't save any spots like I usually do.  My van will be full of parts to the car I'm selling so I'd like to leave it parked out by the swap.  Maybe I can bum a ride back to my house to pick up the purple truck if someone wants to take a cruise sometime Friday.

Man, it doesn't seem like September already.  Where did summer go?  Oh well, the weather is supposed to be in the 70's and sunny.....perfect.  I can have a bonfire if anyone feels up to it.  There's almost a full moon.  :b-d:
George

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"Well as usual I'm doing the last minute scramble.  I finally got the body of the sedan project I'm selling, loaded on the trailer tonight...by myself.  Amazing what you can do with brains instead of brawn.   It just took a lot of time and I've still got to get the chassis loaded and everything tied down tomorrow after work.  

I've got the big canopy and two little ones in my van and I'll be over to registration around 2 tomorrow.  I didn't pre-register again so I'll have to wait in line.  I'd like to get the stuff set up so I've still got enough time to get home and get the sedan ready to take over to the swap early Friday morning.  I won't have my pickup there Friday AM so I can't save any spots like I usually do.  My van will be full of parts to the car I'm selling so I'd like to leave it parked out by the swap.  Maybe I can bum a ride back to my house to pick up the purple truck if someone wants to take a cruise sometime Friday.

Man, it doesn't seem like September already.  Where did summer go?  Oh well, the weather is supposed to be in the 70's and sunny.....perfect.  I can have a bonfire if anyone feels up to it.  There's almost a full moon.  :b-d:

If you can ride in a Ford we can do it.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Can't think of anything I'd rather do right now then sit around a bonfire with a bunch of you guys catching up on everything that went down this summer.  Man, it flew by WAY too fast.

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"I finally got the body of the sedan project I'm selling, loaded on the trailer tonight...by myself.  Amazing what you can do with brains instead of brawn.

i thought you did it by yourself, who brought the brains? :lol:  :lol:

missed you at bonneville this year but i understand.

hope everyone is better

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

48ford

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"OR, if your coming from the east, like I think you are, that the exit before Sprinkle, which is called "business 94", this is the divided highway that Jack just mentioned.  When you come off the freeway just keep going straight.  About a mile down you will cross over Sprinkle.  That first lite after Sprinkle (less then one block) turn right.  Stop sign, turn left.  The entrance to the fairgrounds is on your left.  If your brining a daily driver, just after the entrance to the fairgrounds is a sidestreet on your left.  Turn there and a parking lot is on your right.

If your coming on Saturday and/or Sunday, without a classic car, call me on my cell phone when you get to the parking lot and I will come out and pick you up in Big Olds and have a couple of button passes to get you in.  734 673 6930

If you are bringing a pre-49 car you will need to go to the host hotel off Sprinkle to register BEFORE you come out to the fairgrounds.

Thanks Denise,
We will be there on saturday. we are going with some other people that are looking for a street rod bad!
They sold a pro street nova and are "wheel less".
They live out by Frank,he may know them,I will bring them by the tents.
The directions are just what i needed,I was there befor but I forget easy.
Russ&Irene

Red LeClear

I'm kind of new here, and don't post alot but I do a lot of reading here.  I'm planning on getting to the fairgrounds Friday early afternoon.  I'm leaving from Central Michigan.  I'd like to help if need be.  I'd also like to put some faces with the names.  Will there be room to park near the RRT canopies?  I think I know where it will be set-up, I've been to the Nats North before.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Please keep your spare bottons handy as I have made the offer to pick people up who don't necessarily have cars and stuff.  My dad is coming on Saturday, perhaps my Auntie and Uncle who I stay with.  Roadstar and Race might come on Sunday on their way back from out west.  A couple of HAMB guys as well.

Also, keep in mind that you can not hand carry a cooler into the fairgrounds.  It must come inside a "streetrod".  Call me if you or your cooler needs a ride. :wink:

purplepickup

Quote from: "Red LeClear"I'd also like to put some faces with the names.  Will there be room to park near the RRT canopies?  I think I know where it will be set-up.....
Yes, please do stop by. :D  We should have a parking spot somewhere around the canopies and and the BBQ trailer.  Lots of good eats too...we all chip in and pig out.  We got everything set up tonight right under the tree like on the map.  There isn't any vendors there this year so we've got the whole spot again.

Enjenjo and Rayvyn came over to the house tonight and helped me load the rest of the stuff I'm selling so I can get it into the swap early in the morning then come home to get the pickup over there.  

See ya'll there :D
George

That must have been quite a storm to blow that Rayvyn fellow that far North  :P  Sounds like  a great time this weekend....sure wish I could have made it.With the rising cost of fuel and the Kansas City show next weekend,I couldn't do both so opted for K.C.
   George,Good luck selling your parts and I hope that you being in KZoo this weekend is a sign that everything is going well at home.Sitting around that warm fire on a cool September night sure sounds like fun!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"