RRT 2005 California tour

Started by enjenjo, March 20, 2005, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrodbob

This gonna be fun. Anyone bringing rocket cars? SamIyam had some good runners. He literaly toasted my son's car when we ran at his house last.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

Grandadeo

I'll be eating for two, I mean there will be two of us.  There is a chance of a couple of last minute additions of some other Florida boys but I doubt it.  Will let you know if any more are coming.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

tonto1

Hi;
Is there going to be a schedule posted for the LA Tour. I'm going to be staying with my uncle in Hawthorne.  And my son is wimping out, so unless my aunt wants to come along, it will just be the two of us.
Looking forward to it.
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

DRD57

Quote from: "tonto1"Hi;
Is there going to be a schedule posted for the LA Tour. I'm going to be staying with my uncle in Hawthorne.  And my son is wimping out, so unless my aunt wants to come along, it will just be the two of us.
Looking forward to it.

The itinerary is in this post:

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3006&sid=9fdea0bfdcc6c7d6731e16037a9a9845

Breakfast is at 8:00am each day. The rest of the stops are whenever we get there.

tonto1

Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

Goodfoot

Add three more Florida crackers to the "Q". We will probably hook up with the tour Friday morning in a rental. Lookin' forward to seeing and meeting y'all.

DrJ

What TIME are you guys planning on meeting at LeRoys for breakfast on Thursday and/or Arthur's on Friday?

enjenjo

Quote from: "DrJ"What TIME are you guys planning on meeting at LeRoys for breakfast on Thursday and/or Arthur's on Friday?

8am
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

DrJ

Thanks,
(and thanks on the parallel thread ans.) :wink:
I'll try to meet you guys there.

kroozn

Bob,
I will be there with Chris (bleh on the hamb), Gracie (Oilcan something on the RRT), and Tex said he was going to come this time.  I kept telling him how much fun he missed at the last BBQ.   :lol:

Tex has his daughter and grand daughter with him ... better count them too!
Carl

enjenjo

Well, it's all over, and we had a great time. Wednesday we had breakfast at a favorites of Don's, J&D's here was enough food for three meals. Then we went to Bill's hot rod, just around the corner, and had a wonderful tour of his entire operation. If you ever need accessory brackets, his are among the best, and very nicely finished. Then we went to the Early Ford store, and drooled on all the parts he has there, stacked everywhere! Then a visit to the NHRA museum, where there is always something interesting to see. Lunch was at Tommy burger, MMMM Chilli burger with chilli fries. In the afternoon, we went to C W Moss, and got to look at a bunch of new old Ford parts. At that point we went off schedule, and visited a shop belonging to a buddy of Don's, where he was just  firing a 472 caddy in a 36 Ford for the first time. More later

enjenjo

Thursday we had breakfast at LeRoy's, another excellent meal. The first stop was the Justice Brothers museum, and at that point we kind of went off schedule. Ed Justice jr was there, and started talking about the cars. Pretty soon, Ed Justice sr. showed up, and found we were interested in the history of the cars. He conducted one of the best tours I have been on. We got to hear about the people and places involved with each car, in some cases how they aquired the car for the museum, amusing anecdotes about the people, who still owed him money, who he outlived, and on, and on. We also got a tour of the offices, including his private office, the board room, the art department, and of course, since he is a salesman first and foremost, a demonstration of his products. It was well worth the 4 hours we spent there.

We went to a late lunch at Frisco's, and then to Limeworks to see some of the innovative things they are doing, and some really cool cars. Then a trip to a cruise night to check out some of the local cars. then some of us went to Don's shop to check out the progress on his caddy.

Friday morning, we had breakfast at Arthur's, then hit Barry White's Street Rods. They gave us the run of the shop, and eagerly answered any questions we had. I even helped a couple of the guys wash the shop truck.  :lol:

Across the street was Marcel's metal shaping. It was not on our list, but it was there, so we wandered over there. Luc, and Mark DeLay were both there working on projects, but they dropped the work, and spent the next couple hours entertaining us, showing us some of the tools, and techniques they use, also a lot of their work, even the mistakes. There is a lot more there than street rods, they also do OEM prototype work, airplanes, boats, and any other interesting stuff. By the way, the labor rate in their shop is $70 an hour.

After Marcel's, we ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant called Miguel's, and headed to SoCal for the open house.There were several hundred cars there, something for everybody, including some secret, not so secret projects. They have really grown in the last few years.

When things wound down at Socal, we headed another Mexican restaurant, for a late dinner, and then for our cabin at the fairplex for a short night's sleep. More later.

kb426

Pardon me while I puke. I'm sick over missing all this. This staying to work is CRAPOLA!
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

river1 and ol purple pickup guy told me  about the visit to Marcel's shop.  They were very impressed with the guys there
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

Quote from: "kb426"Pardon me while I puke. I'm sick over missing all this. This staying to work is CRAPOLA!

Me too!

I hope Bob and Sylvia made it and got lots of fotoes for me to drool on when they get home.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.