RRT 2005 California tour

Started by enjenjo, March 20, 2005, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

av8

Events in my life conspire against me taking off more than a couple of days (Fathers day weekend). My youngest  daughter is getting married, as is my sister's oldest son, with the weddings just a few weeks apart. Those events alone wouldn't pose a problem, but I also have a new book contract with a January due date. Two-day weekends off will soon look like vacations for me. Even SpeedWeek will be a three-day quick trip for me this year.

I would like to link up with the group Saturday at the LARoadsters brouhaha.

Ed ke6bnl

wow right in my back yard kinda,BUT we are taking our 2 week vacation this time every year and will be up in the Sierras Fishing but if we get back a couple of day early it would be nice to be able to find out what and where things are happening and try to meet some you for a  day or so.  Seem like one of the most down to earth group of car people out here. Ed ke6bnl
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,

hotrodbob

I'll plan on 30 or so people for the BBQ. Burgers, Dogs, Turkey for Dr.J, Chips and dips. My two son's will take care of any left overs if there are any.

Bring your own drinkin stuff and a chair if ya wanna sit down. I have a few, but not enough.

Dr. J,
I'll be back in town after May 15, but in Indy for Goodguys in June, so I'll get with you on the track sometime before the BBQ.

When is Father's day again?
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

river1

have we figured out hotel issues yet?

they don't need to be 4 star but they should be clean.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

DRD57

Quote from: "river1"have we figured out hotel issues yet?

they don't need to be 4 star but they should be clean.

later jim

I've got the itinerary pretty much mapped out. I plan to post it here next week. I still have to inspect a couple of local hotels first.

purplepickup

Quote from: "river1"....they don't need to be 4 star ....
later jim
Yup, I'm not a 4 star kind of guy either.  In fact I'm going to have to be a cheapskate on some parts of this trip.  The $200 roundtrip plane tickets helped the budget some tho. 8)
George

Carps

Well, I can't make it so I'm sending a freind, is that OK?

I've breifed Bob and Sylvia Armitage, mebers of Bay Rodders here in good old Oz and they'll be there for sure.  So please look after them for me.

Don, If we can't get you by phone before they leave, can you please email me hotel details so they can be in the right place at the right time.  Of course they'll be driving a rental, but will be please to take on Brootal's role of 'Rod Ride tm, in his absence.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Grandadeo

Sign me up for two.  Me and 'ol Glendora Norm.  We'll be tearing up the freeways in his 6 banger '53 Plymouth tudor wagon.  Bob, besides chairs what can we bring to help out on Saturday night?

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

tonto1

I'd like to come along. I'll bring my son and uncle, so that would be 3 of us.
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

Goodfoot

I'm flying out for the show with another roadster owner arriving Thurs morning at LA we're staying at one of the Shilo Hotels in Pomona. We would like to joun up with y'all on the tour somewhere with our rental car. A third Floridian and roadsterowner is coming in Friday night to Ontario and joining up with us so there will probably be three of us for Friday. We only made the SoCal shop last year and hope to do a lot more this year. Maybe after the itenery is posted I could exchenge cell phone numbers with someone to hook up. I've never enjoyed a show as much as the LA Roadster show last year and was able to watch the traditional sprint cars race at Perris too. My only regret is that I'm too poor to quit work and drive my roadster out there again.

quote="enjenjo"]Ok we are going to start this deal on Wednesday the 15th of June. It will wrap up the 20th. You can join in for any or all of it. We still have to decide where we are going, so I'll post a poll here to shake things out. Looks like we have nearly 30 people interested in going to at least part of it.

Museum possibilities

Peterson
NHRA
Justice Brothers
Otis Chandler (2 hr. north)
Deer Park Converible ( 2 hr south)
Nethercutt ( coat and tie)

Shop possibilities

Mooneyes
WC Choppers
Boyd's
C W Moss
Vintage Ford Parts
TCI
SoCal (open house Friday night

Cruise nights

Bob's Big Boy at Toluca lake (friday night
Giovanni's
There are others, at least one each night

Food

BBQ at Hot Rod Bob's
Tommy's
Arthur's ( breakfast)
JD's ( breakfast)
Bob's at Toluca lake
also many others, if you have a favorite, let us know.

Driving

Speed Zone
Cruise through the mountains on Angle Crest highway
Cruise up Highway 1
Irwindale grudge racing

Saturday is pretty much reserved for the LA Roadster show, except for the evening when we'll BBQ at Bob's, and race wooden cars. If you want to get up real early, we can hit the Donut Derelict run.

Let us know which ones to do, and which ones to pass, and any other suggestions. I'll leave this up for a week, and then we'll set up the schedule. Post you choices here.[/quote]

Grandadeo

Goodfoot, Where ya at in FLA??  I'm in Jensen Beach and hang with the FLA Roadsters and at the Black Dog.  I'll be out the weekend before to soak up as much as possible.  Have two friends driving out with truck and trailer.  They will bring back swap meet treasures (space permitting) for reasonable gas contributions.  They are also staying at the Shiloh.  

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Goodfoot

Lee- I'm in Temple Terrace, right next to Tampa and Richard who has a track T lives there also. We are flying out together to arrive Thurs. morning. My other buddy Richard who has a deuce hi-boy similar to mine lives in DeLand and he will arrive Thurs. night
I met someone with the Fla Roadsters at the NSRA show in Tampa last year. He told me about a gathering over on your coast a week or two later but I already had other plans. Myself and a buddy that has a 33 roadster have been unable to get any response from them dispite many attempts. John
Quote from: "Grandadeo"Goodfoot, Where ya at in FLA??  I'm in Jensen Beach and hang with the FLA Roadsters and at the Black Dog.  I'll be out the weekend before to soak up as much as possible.  Have two friends driving out with truck and trailer.  They will bring back swap meet treasures (space permitting) for reasonable gas contributions.  They are also staying at the Shiloh.  

Lee

hotrodbob

Ok guys & Gals the BBQ is still on. Here are directions.

FROM POMONA:
210 frway west towards Pasadena/Glendale. You will go past the Rose Bowl and enter Glendale. Now just a few miles ahead is the 5 frwy. Head north to Sacramento. Go to the Olive exit. Pass the first turn and prceed to the stop signs after the resturants. Turn right at the stop the left at the traffic light. Get in the right lane and turn right on Magnolia (Macaroni Grille). Get in the left lane and head up the hill until you reach Belair. Turn left and the afew streets up the road turn right.
ips salads and stuff. Please provide your oun drinks and folding charis
second house. address 1010 E.Cypress Ave. Burbank, CA. 91501.

I will provide burgers, dogs chips, salads and stuff. Please provide your oun drinks and folding charis. Questions? call me at 562-756-5046

Please also tell me who will be here so I can make sure we have enough food.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

river1

Quote from: "hotrodbob"Please also tell me who will be here so I can make sure we have enough food.

i'll be there with george(purplepickup) for a grand total of two.

this the same house as last time?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

I'll be there with two total.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.