RRT 2005 California tour

Started by enjenjo, March 20, 2005, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Sorry for taking so long to set this up guys, but my jo.., no, that's the old excuse. :oops:  Between Don and I, it just hasn't gotten done yet.  We'll get 'er done though.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Still havin trouble with mixing medication and pressurised aircraft, much as I'd love to be there, looks like I'm still a definite non starter.

Remains touch and go for August but I have a plan and a booking so will continue to pray for divine intervention.

Far as the itinerary goes, I'd be sayin let's do it all.   :shock:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

DRD57

The party is starting Wednesday and going for 5 days. If you want to join in the whole thing you should plan on arriving the afternoon of June 14 and departing June 20. Air travel can be in to any SoCal airport, LAX, John Wayne, Burbank, Long Beach or Ontario which would be the closest and most convenient. I'll have hotel recommendations in a couple of days.

I need head counts and car counts.

Who's coming and when?

How many hot rods?

How many regular boring commuter vehicles?

enjenjo

I'll be there wednesday, with two people, and will have a collector car, but not a hot rod.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "DRD57"

I need head counts and car counts.

Who's coming and when?

How many hot rods?

How many regular boring commuter vehicles?

i'll be there with george and possibly my nephew for a 2 maybe three.

the afternoon of the 14th

no hotrod :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

1 BOOORING commuter car :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Grease Can

Count me in... me and a rusty old 49 Ford.

purplepickup

Ok, I finally got a flight booked to Phoenix.  I was surprised at the cost.  It is $203 round trip, nonstop.  I'll be there :D  :D .....no hot rod tho :cry:
George

DrJ

OK, I'm awake now...
I'm supposed to sign in here?
I'l be here, there, here is there...Everything is "freeway close" :D

Grease Can

Carl says I can't take my flattie across the desert in June... so I guess I'll be in the Ranger... dammit.

DrJ

Quote from: "Grease Can"Carl says I can't take my flattie across the desert in June... so I guess I'll be in the Ranger... dammit.

Just drive it out at night, or early morning, before dawn, when it's as cool as early spring! :wink:

kroozn

Quote from: "DrJ"
Quote from: "Grease Can"Carl says I can't take my flattie across the desert in June... so I guess I'll be in the Ranger... dammit.

Just drive it out at night, or early morning, before dawn, when it's as cool as early spring! :wink:

As slow as Gracie drives that '49.... it won't matter what time she leaves Lost Wages....  she will drive a good deal of the desert in the heat  :lol:

kroozn

What?
Are we only going to have 6 or 7 people show up for this deal?

Quote from: "enjenjo"Ok we are going to start this deal on Wednesday the 15th of June. It will wrap up the 20th. You can join in for any or all of it. We still have to decide where we are going, so I'll post a poll here to shake things out. Looks like we have nearly 30 people interested in going to at least part of it.

Museum possibilities

Peterson
NHRA
Justice Brothers
Otis Chandler (2 hr. north)
Deer Park Converible ( 2 hr south)
Nethercutt ( coat and tie)

Shop possibilities

Mooneyes
WC Choppers
Boyd's
C W Moss
Vintage Ford Parts
TCI
SoCal (open house Friday night

Cruise nights

Bob's Big Boy at Toluca lake (friday night
Giovanni's
There are others, at least one each night

Food

BBQ at Hot Rod Bob's
Tommy's
Arthur's ( breakfast)
JD's ( breakfast)
Bob's at Toluca lake
also many others, if you have a favorite, let us know.

Driving

Speed Zone
Cruise through the mountains on Angle Crest highway
Cruise up Highway 1
Irwindale grudge racing

Saturday is pretty much reserved for the LA Roadster show, except for the evening when we'll BBQ at Bob's, and race wooden cars. If you want to get up real early, we can hit the Donut Derelict run.

Let us know which ones to do, and which ones to pass, and any other suggestions. I'll leave this up for a week, and then we'll set up the schedule. Post you choices here.

DrJ

Are Don and/or Micky coming from Utah?

OFOF

Quote from: "DrJ"Are Don and/or Micky coming from Utah?

Still up in the air for me.  I should know more in May.
Don.  Thanks for asking :wink:
Don Palfreyman

Brootal

Quote from: "OFOF"
Quote from: "DrJ"Are Don and/or Micky coming from Utah?

Still up in the air for me.  I should know more in May.
Don.  Thanks for asking :wink:

Hate to do this, but...

HEY! OFOF! CHECK YOUR PMs...

Sorry...
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com