Are you making your B'ville plans.....

Started by 1FATGMC, January 11, 2005, 04:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Drewfus_

Quote from: "Carps"

Wot?  Not doin the NSRA bigggie at Louisville?  You know once you're out of the country, you are allowed to cover more than just the western part of USA.
:

Will save that for another day, as realistically, to see & experience all the stuff I'm interested in I think that I'd need at least 6 months up my sleeve, as well as more money than I've got right now. Will be missing allot of stuff, with the intention that this will ge me a excuse to come back later....

I'm travelling with Chris Weir & Wayne Mumford, so majority rules as to the basic direction of travel, this is gonna be fun.

We'll be staying with Chuck Sharp whilst in LA, going to the NHRA museum, going to the Nitro Nationals, and visiting some 4 banger guys. Vegas is calling us, will try and visit, and explore a little bit.

Will talk to the guys about Bo Huffs, looks great......

Dennise, would love to 'cut a lap' in Big Olds, will play it by ear as to the exact timing, but certainly keen say g'day.

And of course don't let him drive your car, he'll only break it.   :wink:
to true..... :wink:  :D Toyota is calling me, they say they've got a 'cruiser' that's unbreakable.......I'll show them how it's done. :wink:

This is going to be fun....

Cheers,

Drewfus
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

kroozn

Quote from: "kroozn"Burly won't do puters so I will pass the info along via land line.
heck, he's stubborn bugger, we discussed this topic back in '98 and again in 201 and he still hasn't got with the program?  I guess he's spent way too much time playing with cars that have the engine in the rong end and no radiator, to be in touch with reality and the 21st century.

And yes, you can quote me on that.  Heck, I'll quote myself when I get there.

QuoteExpect to see some even more unusual than normal going ons at the Bend In the Road for 2005!  :D  :D  
What could possibly be more "unusual" than the Mickey Ellis Pyromaniac's Convention and Show?   :shock:

Burly is stopping here on his way to a "Bug In" in Cali someplace shortly.
Yep, he still thinks air should cool an engine and writing letters is a good way to keep in touch with folks.

kroozn

Quote from: "kroozn"I am really happy I was there and wouldn't trade those times for anything.
Including youth!
Carl

Not even a youthful, nubile and reely purdy gurl?   :shock:

Nope, girls like that are just rented here in Vegas.
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bucketmouth

G'day from W.A. (west coast of Australia),seems the most appropriate place to do an intro. I've been a rodder for a while and own a few rods.
Well this year is gonna be the realisation of a long held dream. That is I'm going to the Kentucky Nats and Bonneville. My first time out of the country. Yep to go to the events I've only read about is gonna be a blast. 8)
Can't bloody well wait.
82 more sleeps.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

ripper

Well if any of the good Americans lurking here want to show bucketmouth a good time I can vouch for him...just no one can vouch for me!

Hey is there a RRT Reunion at Louisville? If so, keep bucketmouth in the loop. I guess BM you'll be trying to squeeze as many rodding events in as possible??
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
May The Vehicle You Use To Get There Become The Reason For Going!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

enjenjo

Quote from: "ripper"Well if any of the good Americans lurking here want to show bucketmouth a good time I can vouch for him...just no one can vouch for me!

Hey is there a RRT Reunion at Louisville? If so, keep bucketmouth in the loop. I guess BM you'll be trying to squeeze as many rodding events in as possible??

We generally get together at Louisville, we set up on the east side of the exhibit building. Been doing it now for about 5 years.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Brootal

I'll vouch for BM and for ripper. :)

Hey enjenjo/Fat Cat, can you let him in to our super secret Aussie section please?
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

1FATGMC

Quote from: "bucketmouth"G'day from W.A. (west coast of Australia),seems the most appropriate place to do an intro. I've been a rodder for a while and own a few rods.
Well this year is gonna be the realisation of a long held dream. That is I'm going to the Kentucky Nats and Bonneville. My first time out of the country. Yep to go to the events I've only read about is gonna be a blast. 8)
Can't bloody well wait.
82 more sleeps.

If you are driving from the Nats to Bonneville I hope you come by Blanding and join the rest of us here and on the way up to the Salt.  There will be a number of people making the trip you could hook up with from the Nats to here and on to the salt.

If you aren't sure what I'm talking about read the very first post in this thread.

c ya in August,

Sum

_Drewfus_

Hearing bad weather reports.....

Whilst I know its wet currently, and its still a couple months away, should I be nervous about Speedweek being canned?

Still coming rain hail or shine, just would be nice if there were cars and people there as well....

Any news?

Cheers,

Drewfus
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

WZ JUNK

I think I read 80 some days to Bonneville.  I have work to do.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

1FATGMC

Quote from: "_Drewfus_"Hearing bad weather reports.....

Whilst I know its wet currently, and its still a couple months away, should I be nervous about Speedweek being canned?

Still coming rain hail or shine, just would be nice if there were cars and people there as well....

Any news?

Cheers,

Drewfus

I wouldn't worry now.  It is under water every winter, so that is not unusal.  So far we have had a cool wet spring in the west.  It will dry out.

What we always worry about when we are there are thunderstorms that can crop up that time of the year.  I think it has been about 10 years since it rained out, so let's hope for another one.

And yes John you have work to do!!

c ya, Sum

bucketmouth

Thanks guys. The plans are to land in L.A. for a couple of days,fly to Kentucky for the Nats and fly back to L.A. spend some days there then Fly to Utah for speed week. Plan to vist some of the rodshops in between and what ever else we can find.
Does anyone know of any rod events in L.A during August that I could catch up with?
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Cword

Plan B

We made a crew decision on the weekend, not to rush our new engine. Pistons, heads, and intake aren't due to be in our hands until mid June.  
we decided not to push for Speedweek, and consider trying to get to World Finals in October instead.

So now I'm considering my new-found freedom from the tyranny of team work, and am discussing playing tourist in August with my dad.  If thing work out he and I wil try and take advantage of Sumners pre-Bonneville plan.

We've still got to consider October expenses, but playing tourist on the salt wound be a treat to do again.

mike
--

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Cword"Plan B

So now I'm considering my new-found freedom from the tyranny of team work, and am discussing playing tourist in August with my dad.  If thing work out he and I wil try and take advantage of Sumners pre-Bonneville plan.
mike

That would be great.  We will look forward to seeing both of you.

c ya, Sum

Carps

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.