Are you making your B'ville plans.....

Started by 1FATGMC, January 11, 2005, 04:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "1FATGMC"You must be an old guy  :lol: .  I never got to camp at the "end of the road", I've always been at the bend.
I slept there in '98.  Admittedly it was around 2:00am when i arrived and i couldn't see anything, but when I woke up, there right beside me was my good old buddy dave Lukkari, and he IS definitely and old guy, so does that mean it's reserved only for old guys?

QuoteLooks like I won't be going to bed early Sat. night.
If Mickey is there with his lighter fluid and matches, I wouldn't be going to bed until I get the call to say he's arrived back in Salt Lake.  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "kroozn"Sum.
I told you I am to young to have been there.
I have only been told stories about lies being swapped around a campfire on the salt at night, and about how bright old timey camera flash powder is when it's thrown into the fire and how awesome 4th of July type fireworks look when shot off over the salt. So awesome truckers would drive over from the freeway to see what was going on!
Honestly, I wasn't one of the liars around the campfire.
Carl

If this is true, then it seems to me that Mickey Ellis must be older than everybody.    :lol:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "kroozn"
Honestly, I wasn't one of the liars around the campfire.
Carl

I know you are an honest man, so I believe everthing you say  :roll: .

c ya, Sum

Me too, but that Tex guy?  Carl, you might wanna be talking to your lawyer about some of the fibs he's been tellin.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "kroozn"I am really happy I was there and wouldn't trade those times for anything.
Including youth!
Carl

Not even a youthful, nubile and reely purdy gurl?   :shock:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "BELLM"Wish we could make Blandig but have limited vacation days.  Really looks like a lot of fun.  Will figure out later in year how to find you guys when we get there. Thanks for the Blandig invite!!!

Somehow i don't think it's gunna take much figggerin out.   :lol:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "Leon"
Quote from: "BELLM"
Any good tips for first timers?  
I got a pair of wrap-around sunglasses from when they did eye surgery on my father.  The side shields really make a difference.  Two years ago I had a headache after about 2 hours, last year I went all day without ever getting one because of the better sunglasses.  They even fit over my regular glasses.

And if they have reflective lenses, they are even better for pervin on gurls, coz the missus can't see where your eyes are looking.

'Angel" the flavoured ice gurl will be there won't she?   :shock:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "1FATGMC"The gal explained to me why they work so well, but I forgot  :( .
What was it you said about Carl's age?  Or did you forget that too?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "OFOF"Just in case any of you might be interested the Goodguys will have a cruise from Pomona to Wendover the first weekend of Speedweek.  They will probably arrive on Sunday, spend Monday on the salt, and then head for middle Idaho Tuesday on the way to the GG event in Spokane.  On Sunday of that event the group will head for the Pacific coast and cruise all week to the GG event in Pleasanton.  I did this last year and had a blast.
Don, now you're just confusing me so's i don't know which way to go.  However, if i can't make the Nat's then this sounds like a good option for hitching a ride if I can't ind a taxi.

QuoteIt rained the whole time we were on the coast but at least it wasn't hot :?
So whatever happened to the old cliche, "It never rains in Caleeforneyeaye?"  Although I'd wager it wasn't as cold as Utah rain?  Man, some things are just indelibly printed in the mind, and Utah's liquid ice down the back of the neck is one of 'em.   :shock:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "_Drewfus_"With bells on...
there goes the neighbourhood!

QuoteFirst time out of Australia, fly into LA Aug. 5th, then after a few days will travel north via Vegas to be at wendover by the friday,
'Bout time you learned what the airport is for.

QuoteStay till tuesday (or wednesday) and then back towards S.F. to be at Pleasanton G.G. event, then down to Bakersfield.......
Wot?  Not doin the NSRA bigggie at Louisville?  You know once you're out of the country, you are allowed to cover more than just the western part of USA.  reality is, California is just like home with more people and more hot rodding activity.  Without wanting to offend my californian freinds, travelling to the rest of the USof A is what make the trip really worthwhile.  Of course you are young and once bitten by the travel bug, you'll be doing it again and again and again, untill it all catches up and then you have to negotiate with your carers, when and where you can travel.  We really should be born old and get younger with the years.  

QuoteAll up, 1 month on the road....And looking forward to every second of it...
I'd suggest taking time off th road, at l;east for meals and sleeping,  You'll be less likely to get squashed by passing traffic that way.

QuoteIf ya see me, slap me about the head and say g'day.....
Ahhh, the traditional Aussie greeting.

And of course don't let him drive your car, he'll only break it.   :wink:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "kroozn"I give free sanding lessons to all visitors too!
:lol:  :lol:

You forgot to mention the great steaks..   :wink:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Loose some money and then your finger tips sanding with Carl (well actually you will be sanding and Carl will be watching  :wink: ).
Sumner, you are so cruel.

QuoteThen take the beautiful one day Southwest tour over to southeast Utah through Zion National Park and by Page, Arizona and then up to Blanding, Utah.
Since the geography and topography is so much different to here, it probably doesn't matter which way you go, it's pretty awesome in all directions, even if the locals reckon it's \boring..

The run up through the mountains into St George is simply stunning, then you can cut across 9 to 89 Check out Glen Canyon before cruising to Page (Arizona), turn left at 160, then take 163 north thru Monument Valley and on to Blanding.  

QuoteMeet up with our bunch on Tuesday night (Aug. 9th) for a good time here and on the way to the salt.  I'll guarantee that the stop at Bo Huff's will be one of the highlights of your trip to the states :D .
I'll second that and I'm sure Bo will have a few kind words for me after waiting so long for my triumphant return.  The stuff that took three years to reach him by mail may also play a part.   :wink:   But at least it arrived, not like some of the other stuff I have collected here in little piles with different people's names on them.   :oops:

QuoteWe would be glad to have you, and it would be better for your health to be over here in Utah than driving around in all of that L.A. traffic and conjestion.
this comment is not to be taken lightly, you WILL remember this for the rest of your days, long after you've forgotten the names of you wife and kids.  Hospitality and good times equaled only by Australia.
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Drewfus, and if you wanna run around the southwest topless you can always hitch a ride in Big Olds with me  :wink:
Now there's an offer too good to pass up..

QuoteLooking forward to finally meeting you in person.
Since i keep getting the blame for missing the trip and forcing the cat to sleep with you instead of me, it'll be good to finally give you some grief facce to face.  Now all we need is for the ravyn to surface and the party will be complete.
Carps

Dolly

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Looking forward to finally meeting you in person.

And if you think I'm going to be missing out on this party, you'll be wrong.  I wouldn't miss it even if that nasty old Ravyn did decide to show his ugly face.   :D
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Dolly

Quote from: "river1"i'll second what sumner said. the stop in vegas is a MUST but the drive to bonniville from there is a bit barren and unsenic (is that a word).
Hey Jim, you sure you haven't got utah confused withh Wyoming?    :lol:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

river1

Quote from: "Dolly"
Quote from: "river1"i'll second what sumner said. the stop in vegas is a MUST but the drive to bonniville from there is a bit barren and unsenic (is that a word).
Hey Jim, you sure you haven't got utah confused withh Wyoming?    :lol:

not at all :lol:  the drive from vegas to bonni is all in nev, thru the area they want to dump nuclear waste, is the barren zone.

utah is absolutely stunning.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.