RRT Haute Cuisine Tour 2005

Started by enjenjo, December 19, 2004, 06:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

We are in the planning stages of doing a RRT Tour in LA during the LA Roadster show this coming June. So far we are thinking of starting it the tuesday before the roadster show. We have a couple stops in mind, but are open to suggestions on attractions, and restarants to visit while we are there.

The SoCal open house is one that has been suggested, NHRA museum, Peterson museum, Nethercutt museum, shop tours if we can arrange them, any other suggestions you may have.

We can discuss this at chat tonight if interested, or special chats we can arrange later.

We did this in 2000 and it was a blast, hope we can have as much fun this time too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

For those of us "youngsters" that weren't around here in 2000....please fill us in!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Quote from: "40"For those of us "youngsters" that weren't around here in 2000....please fill us in!

if you go to http://www.roddingroundtable.com/events/meetings/rrtsocal.html you'll find all the info and some pics from the festivities. it was a BLAST and one of my best vacation ever.

NOTE THE INFO PAGE IS FROM 2000 NOT THE CURRENT PLANS

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

HotRodLadyCrusr

Sounds like a GREAT time.  I spent the day checking out all the photos.  What about Barris's and Bill Hines's shops?  I would love to see both of those.  Also what about the Donut Derilicts Saturday morning cruz in Huntington Beach??  I would also love the opportunity to visit Vern Tardell's shop in Santa Rosa??  The list goes on....... :shock:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

river1

for those of you that are also HAMBers HERE are the beginnings of samiyam's (now miles') roach rod. i could not believe that he wanted to build a car from those beginnings. :shock:  LOL he found those parts in the back of a falcon ranchero (i think) at the cruise night at bob's big boy.

later jim

OFOF

Quote from: "enjenjo"We are in the planning stages of doing a RRT Tour in LA during the LA Roadster show this coming June. So far we are thinking of starting it the tuesday before the roadster show. We have a couple stops in mind, but are open to suggestions on attractions, and restarants to visit while we are there.

The SoCal open house is one that has been suggested, NHRA museum, Peterson museum, Nethercutt museum, shop tours if we can arrange them, any other suggestions you may have.

We can discuss this at chat tonight if interested, or special chats we can arrange later.

We did this in 2000 and it was a blast, hope we can have as much fun this time too.

This sounds great Frank!  I'd love to do it again.  
Don.
Don Palfreyman

av8

Quote from: "OFOF"This sounds great Frank!  I'd love to do it again.  
Don.

Ya know, I've been thinking about Sam's bear-hunting joke, and I think it's funny even if Mickey doesn't.  :lol:

SamIyam

"...You don't come here for the hunting, do ya'?"

I'll see what I can do to be there... last time was a blast.

I'll bring the Model A.  I should have the rear end widened and the rims done by then... maybe bring my son Nate along this time?  He'll be 7.

Sam.

river1

Quote from: "SamIyam""..... maybe bring my son Nate along this time?  He'll be 7.

Sam.

need to bring the brains of the outfit sam?

hope you can make it.

later jim

enjenjo

I don't know if My grandson Josh will be there, but he is now over 6 ft tall, a little bigger than last time :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"I don't know if My grandson Josh will be there, but he is now over 6 ft tall, a little bigger than last time :lol:

That's OK, I'm over six foot tall too, so maybe I can stand in for him.  :lol:

Timing will be an issue for me once again, but this time for different reasons than I'm busy at work.  I was pretty * that I missed the first one, so this time round it's going to be high on my 'to do' list, however, my new best friends may have a different opinion.  :cry:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

av8

Quote from: "Carps". . . Timing will be an issue for me once again, but this time for different reasons than I'm busy at work.  I was pretty * that I missed the first one, so this time round it's going to be high on my 'to do' list, however, my new best friends may have a different opinion.  :cry:

Sounds like I might have missed an imporrtant post from you at some point. Have things scaled back at Toyota or are you in a different spot, with less pressure?

Never the mind, I look forward to you joining us this time, and I expect you to do at least one day of the tour as my passenger in the green truck.

Carps

Quote from: "av8"
Quote from: "Carps". . . Timing will be an issue for me once again, but this time for different reasons than I'm busy at work.  I was pretty * that I missed the first one, so this time round it's going to be high on my 'to do' list, however, my new best friends may have a different opinion.  :cry:

Sounds like I might have missed an imporrtant post from you at some point.

Nope, just a couple of 'health issues' I need to deal with.

QuoteHave things scaled back at Toyota or are you in a different spot, with less pressure?

Scaled back?  hell no, we're on the way to becoming the worlds number one car company.  In our own right and without buying up all the little guys along the way.
However, there have been some steps taken to relieve a little pressure, but I'm still as big a part of the game plan as ever I was, no way I'm gunna be missing out on singing that 'Queen' number.... We are the champions.

QuoteNever the mind, I look forward to you joining us this time, and I expect you to do at least one day of the tour as my passenger in the green truck.

Fear not, I'll be doing all in my power to make sure I get there this time.  Since I'm kinda partial to the colour, I wouldn't miss a blast round the block in an old green truck for quids.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

DRD57

I've been thinking about this for a few days sonce enjenjo asked for some input.

Last time was a blast but there were a few things that we learned along the way that could be planned a little better.

The LA Roadster Show is Saturday and Sunday, June 18 - 19, in Pomona CA at the Fairplex. There's a heap of stuff to see in those two days with the swap meet, the extensive show in the preferred parking and the roadster show itself. Starting Saturday off at the Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach (20 - 30 miles south of Pomona) would probably only be a good idea for the well rested souls or those with plenty of stamina. The donut thing starts at the crack of dawn and is all over by 8:30 or 9:00am.

There are several Rod Shops in the area, as well as museums and cruise nights and we cannot forget purveyors of greasy calorie laden cuisine (we should all be done with our new year's resolution diets by the second week of January so, that won't be a problem :D ).

I would suggest that we do not try to schedule a SoCal Speed Shop tour just for the group. While they are usually open to doing this, that particular week they will be getting ready for their big bash of the year, their Friday evening open house before the Roadster Show. This is not to be missed.

Another thing to avoid is rush hour  traffic. Once we decide which shops/museums/restaurants/cruise nights we want to include in the itinerary, I can work on grouping them to avoid the heaviest traffic congestion. This may mean moving to different lodging once or twice during the week but it could easily save 2 or more hours a day sitting on the freeway.    

Possible things to do and see:

Shops: Mooneyes, TCI, Boyd's(I'll skip that one),  CW Moss, Vintage Ford Parts.
Museums: Peterson, Justice Brothers, Otis Chandler.
Restaurants: Johnnie's Broiler, formerly Harvey's Brooiler, a very popular cruise spot in the 50's and 60's although I don't think we;d actually want to eat anything from there now. In-N-Out, just because it's a SoCal institution, Tommy's too for the same reason.
Cruise Nights: Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake is on Friday. Unfortunately, that's the same night as the big SoCal Speed Shop open house. I guess you could do both if you left SoCal a little early.

I haven't been doing too many cruise nights lately and any that are still going on this time of year are kind of small. When they pick back up in a couple of months I can fit some into the schedule wherever we need them. In the spring/summer/fall months there are cruise nights all over SoCal every night of the week.  

A couple of other ideas: Thursday night grudge racing at the Irwindale Drag Strip (1/8th mile). Speedzone, I think this was a big hit last time and always a bunch of fun with a group of gearheads.