BBQ build day

Started by enjenjo, October 22, 2004, 06:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

We need to do another build day, there are several things that were never finished, or we need to change them

1 some kind of cover for the grille when we are cooking. I'm going to try and con SC8PN into getting us some stainless to make it out of.

2 the valves/burners need attention, they are not as adjustable as they need to be, and they don't burn blue. Air adjustment? We do need a new regulator for the external burner, it was repaired at KZoo with a tooth pick and vinyl tape.

3 the tongue jack needs to be replaced with the one Ken donated, and moved to a more convienent spot.

4 we have to come up with a better system for storage of all the stuff needed when traveling, we have a pantry donated to the cause that we may be able to modify, or another idea. We have plastic containers, and we can get more, but we would need to organise them better too.

5 some type of griddle, we have a small one, but ken wants a bigger one.

6 mount the traffic light we have, along with some type of flag pole mount, and wire the traffic light to work, which also means mounting a battery. Lights? we have cooked at night. Maybe we could use one of the jumper packs with a built in charger.

7 repair the minor damage to the roll pan incured while loading it in the truck on the failure of my car in NM.

8 finish the fenders and mounting them

9 a good cleanup and wax job

10 anything I forgot and the rest of you remember. :lol:

11 A cutting board, and some good knives

12 a cover for when it has to set outside.

I'm looking for suggestions on when, and how we can do this. I have no problem hosting again, we can do a lunch or dinner here along with the build. I am tied up every weekend through the end of november, so it will have to be after that. I have heat in the shop, so that is not a problem.

Lets hear it!!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"We need to do another build day, there are several things that were never finished, or we need to change them

1 some kind of cover for the grille when we are cooking. I'm going to try and con SC8PN into getting us some stainless to make it out of.

2 the valves/burners need attention, they are not as adjustable as they need to be, and they don't burn blue. Air adjustment?

3 the tongue jack needs to be replaced with the one Ken donated, and moved to a more convienent spot.

4 we have to come up with a better system for storage of all the stuff needed when traveling, we have a pantry donated to the cause that we may be able to modify, or another idea. We have plastic containers, and we can get more, but we would need to organise them better too.

5 some type of griddle, we have a small one, but ken wants a bigger one.

6 mount the traffic light we have, along with some type of flag pole mount, and wire the traffic light to work, which also means mounting a battery. Lights? we have cooked at night. Maybe we could use one of the jumper packs with a built in charger.

7 repair the minor damage to the roll pan incured while loading it in the truck on the failure of my car in NM.

8 finish the fenders and mounting them

9 a good cleanup and wax job

10 anything I forgot and the rest of you remember. :lol:

11 A cutting board, and some good knives

12 a cover for when it has to set outside.

I'm looking for suggestions on when, and how we can do this. I have no problem hosting again, we can do a lunch or dinner here along with the build. I am tied up every weekend through the end of november, so it will have to be after that. I have heat in the shop, so that is not a problem.

Lets hear it!!![/quote

Lets do it right after the wedding! Didnt anyone tell you its winter and no one travels until spring we just B_I_T_C_H about the weather and work on our cars? How about DEC 25th ? JAN 1st?  :D
You mucked up the pan so i think you outta fix it instead of asking everyone to commute 500 miles to spread some bondo ?
Ya hit scr8pn up for some more stuff...
Kenny whines too much.....
Humm how bout jumper cables and tie in to the power poles to run the traffic light(they will ned to be long just in case)
Ill tell ya where you can store stuff.....
And how
Air adjustment ? lets add a 50hp compressor and inject air into the burners at 140 psi.. They will burn good and hot...........
Lets just remove kennys tougue and we wont have to listen to him anymore?
Knives can be used as weapons.
Im sorry you need a girdle big guy im glad i dont..............
Just messin with ya............... Id like to get down and help If I can. Let everyone else get their input in and set a date and if my dad is still doing ok sue and i will try and make it down.The beer is cheaper in OHIO than Indiana..
Got to run the Grand daughter is here and needs grandpa!
:lol:   Dave
ps: novenber 15th is opening of deer season and I cant afford meat and im tired of green bean sandwitches so ive gotta hunt to feed the family.
Me Hunt Mighty DEER.... Im going trick or treating this year so we have desert....

fenders we dont need no stinkin fenders?????????????

enjenjo

Quotefenders we dont need no stinkin fenders?????????????

It does throw nice rooster tails in the rain LOL

SKR8PN

Frank,just let me know what you need..................
I'll hook us up again,NO PROBLEMO! :lol:
While your at it,
Ask Ken,what SIZE griddle he would like............
Oh ya..........I ain't TO picky about WHEN you decide to do it.Just DON'T do it November 12th.........THAT,is My B-Day..................
And I can PROMISE you,I will be intoxicated :lol:  :-o  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Frank,just let me know what you need..................
I'll hook us up again,NO PROBLEMO! :lol:
While your at it,
Ask Ken,what SIZE griddle he would like............

I was gonna look, I may have a griddle....do you already have one Jim?

SKR8PN

Nope.......I was goin'"in search of" :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

purplepickup

Frank you've been keeping notes.  That's a good list.  There isn't any rush to get it done, unless you need it for FatCat's reception (YOU ARE HAVING A PARTY AREN'T YOU?? :D )  .  

If we wait until Trinka moves up here, we can put her to work too.  Might as well break her in right. 8)
George

Crosley.In.AZ

I gotta go with enjenjo on the organization of stuff.  I noticed at b'ville he had to climb  & drag stuff to get what he wanted at times in the storage area.  Not sure how to solve the situation.

Mayb some slides and racks / racks on tracks  that would roll out  the front of the trailer for easier access?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"Mayb some slides and racks / racks on tracks  that would roll out  the front of the trailer for easier access?
That's a good idea 8)
George

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "enjenjo"
11 A cutting board
-----------------------------

I can supply a cutting board of laminated maple.  ....What size do you want?

If it is not small enough to ship economically, do you still have connections at your previous employer?

Happiness, is being able to deliver it in person on the build day!

~~~~~Bruce
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Bruce Dorsi

2 the valves/burners need attention, they are not as adjustable as they need to be, and they don't burn blue. Air adjustment?

-----------------------

Could the pressure regulator be set too low (or be too small) for the burner size?   ....I don't know the history of the components you have.

...Just thinking out loud, but couldn't that affect both the amount of flame adjustability and the mixture?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"

-----------------------

Could the pressure regulator be set too low (or be too small) for the burner size?   ....I don't know the history of the components you have.

...Just thinking out loud, but couldn't that affect both the amount of flame adjustability and the mixture?

Yes it could Bruce, but I'm not that smart either. :-o I'm having trouble finding specs on regulators to see if there are different volume outputs.

GPster

-----------------------

Yes it could Bruce, but I'm not that smart either. :-o I'm having trouble finding specs on regulators to see if there are different volume outputs.
As far as an air adjustment it is like torches. you adjust the air until the flame leaves the burner surface and then back it off til the flame comes back to the burner surface. If you can't get enough air to accomplish that fact the you probably have too much gas (propane). I would think those regulators are pre-set for the gas they are used for and if they are propane regulators theyare pre-set for that application. Unless there are very restrictive places in thr piping to the burners they should be right. Of course if they are something that came from Austrailia thet may be set for a differant National Standard or combination of gasses. Are yuo sure the burners are set with the orifice for propane?  If they are for natural gas the irifice will be over-sized for propane and it will flow to much propane and cause a situation where you can't get enough air to get good combustion. If there is anything stamped on the burner to give you a clue of it's BTU rating than somewher there should be a chart that will list an orifice (drill) size that would put you in line with what number should be stamped on the orifice. Going back to my experiance with fire ( which is more resent than rubbing two stucks together too mcuh propane and not enough air would cause a smokey flame? Now I have myself so confused that I probably should go back to drilling holes for "pop rivets". GPster

enjenjo

11 A cutting board
-----------------------------

I can supply a cutting board of laminated maple.  ....What size do you want?

If it is not small enough to ship economically, do you still have connections at your previous employer?

Happiness, is being able to deliver it in person on the build day!

~~~~~Bruce

about 18 by 18 or anywhere near that. We just need something to cut vegtables and so forth on.

OlBuzzard

Most of you folks live so far up north that it's hard for us Texas guys to help out on the trailer.  I don't suppose you all would consider moving down here...didn't think so.  

Yesterday I was at a garage sale where they had a gas griddle for sale cheap.  The only problem is that it was pretty big.  It is 30" deep x 49" wide and the back tapers from 12" at the back to 8" in the front.  I know the guy who owns it so if he still has it and you want it I'll try to get it and if I can, I'll clean it up and send it to you.