BBQ build day

Started by enjenjo, October 22, 2004, 06:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "OlBuzzard"Most of you folks live so far up north that it's hard for us Texas guys to help out on the trailer.  I don't suppose you all would consider moving down here...didn't think so.  

Yesterday I was at a garage sale where they had a gas griddle for sale cheap.  The only problem is that it was pretty big.  It is 30" deep x 49" wide and the back tapers from 12" at the back to 8" in the front.  I know the guy who owns it so if he still has it and you want it I'll try to get it and if I can, I'll clean it up and send it to you.

A little too big for our use. Thanks for the offer though.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

awsum34

Make a list of things you need. Since there's some of us guys that live to far to help. maybe we can help getting things on the list.  Just and idea
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

tomslik

Quote from: "awsum34"Make a list of things you need. Since there's some of us guys that live to far to help. maybe we can help getting things on the list.  Just and idea

oh hell, they allready *' 'bout the fenders i sent with purp :roll:

so far, ya haven't mentioned anything i can help ya out with but the night(winter) is young...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

purplepickup

Quote from: "tomslik"oh #####, they allready *' 'bout the fenders i sent with purp :roll:
Those fenders I brought back from your place were going to be temporary until the radically modified fiberglas ones were done.  We ran out of time and into summer before we could put any fenders on at all, so it ran this summer without.  The glass ones will probably be done by next spring so I'll have to make another roadtrip to bring yours back. :D   ...I did see some pics of a pretty nice junk yard at Loveland worth visiting. :wink:
George

KustomLincolnLady

so has a date or a MONTH even been decided on??  :? just wanted to make sure I don't miss it  :wink:
Debb

enjenjo

Not yet, no suggestions from anyone yet. How about the weekend after thankgiving weekend? Or sometime in January.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"Not yet, no suggestions from anyone yet. How about the weekend after thankgiving weekend? Or sometime in January.

as far as I know we don't have any plans on that weekend, havn't even thought about jan yet  :roll:   Whatever works for most. guess no one's ready to settle into winter yet  :shock:  
I know were not
Debb

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "tomslik"oh #####, they allready *' 'bout the fenders i sent with purp :roll:

uh, that was a joke...

Those fenders I brought back from your place were going to be temporary until the radically modified fiberglas ones were done.  We ran out of time and into summer before we could put any fenders on at all, so it ran this summer without.  The glass ones will probably be done by next spring so I'll have to make another roadtrip to bring yours back. :D   ...I did see some pics of a pretty nice junk yard at Loveland worth visiting. :wink:

don't you DARE bring those back!
bring the bike instead;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

purplepickup

Jimmy Jay, an RRT member that I work with, found some cabinet sliders that are being thrown out at work.   There are about 10 of them and they're pretty heavy duty.  We talked about maybe having some storage that slides out....maybe these would be useable.  They could be mounted on the sides to have full width shelves pull out in the front, or they could be mounted on the floor and have something mounted on them that pulls out....whatever.  If you think we could use them to help organize the junk, I'll grab them and bring them to the next build day.  Here's some pics of one.  They have double sliders to extend out a little longer.

George

enjenjo

By all means, bring them! That's just what I had in mind. How far do they slide out?

KustomLincolnLady

wow!! thats cool. Cudo's to George and Jimmy Jay  :lol:   Free is GOOD!!
Debb

still no date  :roll:  :?

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"How far do they slide out?
They're 20" overall before extended and fully extended they are 37" overall.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

WOW!  I've never seen one that long before! :shock:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"WOW!  I've never seen one that long before! :shock:
Well we have different sizes too.  Some are 16" and extend to 32".   Of course you realize that this is 16":
<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
I'll bring a variety of different shapes, sizes, and mounting configurations to use in places where the big ones won't fit....my aim is to please everyone. 8)

Jimmy Jay is filling my office with quite a variety as we speak.  Some have steel shelves attached (about 18" wide).  Would they be of any use Frank?
George

enjenjo

possibly, I don't know yet. Bring a couple along.