2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Spent the day installing the new firewall parts. After that I chased pinholes in my welds. One more problem fixed. Still have some more grinding and chasing to do.

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Crosley.In.AZ

You Tube is a weird place... a video I put up 9 years ago of a GoPro camera inside the 1962 Falcon on the drag strip. It is a 1 minute long video. I was just messing around with the GoPro. The tech guy at the drag strip told me I needed a solid mount for the camera, the suction cup was not acceptable

The recent 30 days the viewing of this 9 yr old video has increased over 900%..  It is receiving comments daily for 3+ weeks. Most comments are OK , others are just stupid - negative stuff.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

It still amazes me how so many people feel they need to speak negative things when they could just a easily move on and keep the negative thoughts to themselves.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

Thats a negative thought.  :lol:  Evil is not a thing, only varying degrees of good exist. Just like heat.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 416Ford on February 27, 2023, 07:43:32 AMIt still amazes me how so many people feel they need to speak negative things when they could just a easily move on and keep the negative thoughts to themselves.

I visited a few You Tube accounts of the negative comment folks. 3 of them I visited had Zero videos up on You Tube accounts. Weird?

We are still dealing with the collateral damage from the stolen Bank account weeks ago. Our Bank F**** up and rejected my SS direct deposit. So , of course SS has suspended my account payments.  My wife's SS direct deposit was processed correctly 6 days before my deposit came in. Mine was rejected by some dim wit dingdong at the bank.  This had to be done manually 1 time for the process to line up again.  Now I have to call or visit the SS office to fix this. After 4 calls to SS of which 3 calls were rejected from the over loaded system on a Monday.  LOL  The 3rd call produced no results, no human to talk to.  I guess a visit to the SS office will happen on Wednesday?

Friends tell me to calm down , it is the way the world functions now. I call Bull Feathers.  People want to blame the Covid debacle, economy, way of the world now, the labor market debacle.. Its all Baloney

8)  8)  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Tony

kb426

Tony, you have my sympathy. If you can find someone who cares, they will get this repaired in short order. Good luck. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I thought I would be putting parts in the vat today. The machine shop owner is gone for a rare day. End of story. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Visit to the RV and car trailer.  Check for storm damage and we hauled a few items to the RV..  Eggciting stuff.  :o  :o

Worked on the interior of the park model again. Its tough when the cutting , fitting , triming of material must be done outside and the weather here has sucked lately. Wind being the biggest PITA. Although the rain and hail has been unhelpful too.  :'(

I ripped out the interior  trim wood on the next window I am replacing on this old park model. At least I have the system figured out now after 2 windows finished.  Next window after this one is the largest. 4 more windows after this current one I am working on.

Interesting how the OEM windows in this park model are fitted, trimmed out.  There is various bits of wall panel board, vinyl floor covering bits used to square up  the window and trim around the opening.

Tony

WZ JUNK

Hooley brought the new Okie Twister home yesterday with the new graphics.  The Okie Twister 2. Some of the old and some of the new.  This car shares the frame and drive train of the car he wrecked a couple of summers ago.  The new body features the larger rear wheel openings but most of it appears a lot like the old car.  I had very little to do with this one.  I did make the fiberglass headlights.

As a side note he drove to Oklahoma City yesterday and brought the car home.  The night before a serious of tornados and high winds passed through the Oklahoma City area.

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

^^^^
I'm a huge fan of centerline convo pro wheels. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Nice. It lives! May future twistys come as perpetual tailwinds at the strip. :)

We sure had some howling winds Sunday night.

The 56 truck is probably going Sonic Grey off new Hondas. Seen some in traffic and I think it will be a cool color. How to treat grille, bezels, etc is up in the air. The owner told me the wheels but I forget the style name. Some maybe 10 spoke 20 inch Americans. I have not played with images for the job.

Did beeline home and got the superfilthy GT bucket washed "before" dark. Thats a good mental indicator. Looks like I may get two whole days to see it clean. Somehow all the snow and ice has left the GTP relatively spotless. Its still a street-parked ornament thats scary to drive.

Don't think I have driven the Model J in a week or two. Can't mention that one at work due to the rules so quit occasionally taking it to work. Today is ripe for it though. :)
Matt

WZ JUNK

The rear wheels make Hooley ineligible to race at some nostalgia meets.  He sacrifices original style nostalgia wheels for traction/speed and safety.  I think that in this configuration, with the blown small block, it should run the quarter in the 8.6 et range.  If he switches to the big block unblown injected engine it will run in the 9.6. seconds et range.   The blower engine is a lot of fun, but I think the slower combination is safer.  Funny when you think of something running 9.6 as safe.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

O&S made it to the vat today. The largest parts are cleaned. There is some more gasket scrapeing to do. A fresh razor blade in the 4" scraper will make that job simple.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought and installed a new window in the old Park Model RV today.  We have another rain  storm rolling in tonite.

???

This window install went a little easier. Its the 3rd one we have installed.
Tony

idrivejunk

Shaving bumper bolts on the 56 today. Tucking both and flipping the rear.

Sparks are flying!  :) But the job keeps growing.

Dash got epoxy yesterday. Can't say I look forward to doing the squat n mud there. :lol:
Matt