2023: What are you doing today?

Started by 58 Yeoman, January 01, 2023, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: 416Ford on February 22, 2023, 07:49:16 AMNice to be back on Metal isn't it Matt. Looking good.
I have one long stretch of 1/2" welds done and nearly two. I still have more welding to do but I keep chipping away at the project one at a time.
It didn't like my pictures the first time. :(

I finally see the pictures! 8)

And sadly, I am too familiar for comfort with what you're (were or are) doing. My only consolation is that on something long enough a guy gets to just weld, skipping around rather than grinding while waiting for cooldown and infinite swapouts of PPE. Thats how I did the dash, think I stopped twice to stretch my legs. Seems like best results come from fully welding then grinding anyhow.
Matt

idrivejunk

One more heapin helpin of sad. :'(

I'm final sanding the 56. Sad for it and for me. This sucks but I know how to play my hand now. You don't ask plumbers to wire *. >:(

"Right vs. might." sayeth the Lone Ranger.
Matt

GPster

I was typing about my frustration about the GPS speedometer that I'm putting in the Jeepster but it took longer than an hour for me to type so I lost it when I tried to post it. Maybe tomarrow. GPster

kb426

More parts ordering today. Close to finished on the engine. I found a rebuilt hydroboost for the Mustang pedal hanger I have. They have become rare. I'm using 25 year old parts. What was I thinking? LOL.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB so you are going to use mustang parts ....again ?

enjenjo

The storm came through, all we got was a lot of rain. Twenty miles north was not so lucky. They got tons of ice.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Spent durn near half of today shooting the bull with the 56 owner. He has a sweet 65 goat with KRE D-ports but didn't know about Ram Air heads being round port. I thought that was odd. We spoke of windows and colors and accents and I got out the fineline tape and then boss walked up. Later he brought me bumpers n brackets, buckets n bezels and we talked about Hemi Rams and such. Then the new loaded aftermarket M2 front frame section arrived for the Stude and everyone stood around it for a long time including 56 guy and I found out they are building a frame for it.

The critical missing pages of the 56 window conversion instructions miraculously appeared and all parties but me decided that since I had a regulator in one door which was nigh onto impossible already, the suggested access hole is not needed and to top that the original down stops must be removed. (Burying these three sentences here: I don't want to work there or on cars even one more day and might not, would rather set out on foot door to door and take the first offer I can find. Nothing could be stupider than staying. Need counseling, I'm in a real dark place) So, I cut half the spotwelds on those then ripped the other half off by hand fishing down through the stock small door shell access hole. Thats it  :arrow:
Matt

WZ JUNK

The installation of the Holley Sniper system is complete but I will wait to start the engine and work out the bugs.  Later I may add the ignition part of the system but for now I will just use the computer to control the fuel. I bought the additional harness that will allow me to fine tune the system with a laptop.

I have a few more things to fix and repair on the truck to update it and fix things that were never quite right. 
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

C.K., brake -clutch pedal assembly is it, as of right now. :) That's mostly for the cable clutch and the hydroboost. I have become a believer in hydroboost. Some of the people on Pro Touring have been using EPAS and now E braking units but the cost of those parts is keeping me away for a while. Some have access to good salvage yards that make that possible.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Swapped the tyres around on the daily driver.  Checked brakes, CV joints. Ran some fresh brake fluid thru the master cylinder and lines.  Scuffed, warshed , Painted the front wheels.  I will get to the back wheels later (ya sure).

Car has been running fine since the glitches a while back. Fingers crossed (sorta.. arthurritis) 
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Went to the Detroit Autorama with Josh and my great grandson. To be honest there was nothing there that blew me away. I guess I am too jaded in my old age. There was a nice 59 Pontiac ElCamino though
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

It took a painfully long time but I reached a conclusion that will hopefully put a stop to my longwinded negative posts.

When I am damaging myself to continue sanding, if no alternate task is available I will clock out for the day.

So simple. Puts responsibility and trust into proper context. Up until now I have operated like a horse in a western movie. Where giddyup means go, up to and including falling over dead. But no more. As it should be.
Matt

idrivejunk

Boy did that backfire.

Disability is where I'm being pointed now. Deaf ears will be the death of me. I sure would like to give up all this giving up. Theres nowhere to run, no chance to fight.

Heres to fond memories and better days for some.  :)
Matt

chimp koose

Made up a shortened dip stick thingy and dip stick for a friends bobber build . I also machined up a plate to go in the chopper gas tank to attach the fuel shut off to the bottom of the tank .

kb426

It got up to 79 degrees here. Of course the wind blew pretty good, also. I went for a short cycle ride and cleaned engine parts. Just a start, long ways from completion.:)
TEAM SMART