2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Almost forgot... you guys will get a kick from this. After said ^^^ encounter my nerves were shot so I wandered about the shop grounds a bit. Found someone's stashed project car. I was like... its a five window. With lines like an A but whats this around the windshield and door fronts? Theres a roll up back window... hmm no front end. Solid axle. A gennie? Wow. Actually looks in good shape, metal-wise. I've worked on a 30, a 31, and a 33. So when Mike passed through I asked what is that "Model A thing"  :lol: out back?

"Its a '32." sez he.

Oh, for crying out loud.  :'( :-[

Blindfold and cigarette please. :-X

My cage was rattled. I stared at it a few minutes, totally transformed my mood but shame on me. Dang. Dodging cobwebs, I stuck my head in and could feel a strong vibe from it. The car has old stories and wants new, I could tell. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

I got the scoop on that deuce coupe today. Flipper the cash cow, but a hiboy-to-be after 392 with maybe tunnel ram. Wicked. :twisted:
Matt

idrivejunk

While I'm Bogarting the daily thread for a sec...I could PM this but everyone may not be having the same experience...

By the way it looks like picture posting can be pretty smooth now, like efforts have been made by the powers that be. :)

Its the smileys. No complaint or critique, just observation here... they can be able substitutes for verbal inflection and all...

Some favorite smileys were retained, some cool new were added.

But the old wide eyed shock smiley is absent. It's "code" or whatever is now associated with the old wawawa smiley. I liked / used both.

There are two rolleyes though, now. I don't miss the mad devil one, glad the evil one was kept.

We need rain something fierce here, yard is getting crunchy. Been windy too. Anybody else had a couple weeks off from mowing?

Absolute minutia, just wanted to bring it to attention in case an oversight was made and / or debunk the observation. Or spark grass fire conversation.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

We have been appliance shoppping.. Usual delay in actually receiving th e product.  I am told "we have it in the warehouse".  Delivery is 10 days to 2 weeks.  I get the odd look when I mention:" I want the appliances Now"..

Do you own  a truck?  I am asked.. Yes I own a truck, it is a dually , 1 ton.  >:(
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

sorry for the length:

Ah , a typical day on projects. Couple steps forward then 'boom' a kick in the teeth.  End of the day :  I guess it was a good failure. ?

I was setting up the main kitchen cabinet. Centering it under the window of course.  All other cabinets follow off this main one.

Measured about 4 times the locations for pipes that come out of the floor for water feed and drain.  Cut hole in back of cabinet for electrical outlet for disposal that will be on the sink..

Cabinet is sitting in place (mostly). My wife and I need to lift the cabinet up to feed the pipes thru the holes I have cut. I am down the hallway and I hear my wife screaming "turn the water off"...  I dont know what happened. How it hapened or what. Hot water pipe valve was broke off the plastic PEX water pipe. 

Water is now off. I check the failure part. Plastic valve niple broke off.  Looks older than I had thought. I cut off about 4 inches of the pipe that comes thru the floor plywood..  An inspection of the inside of said pipe shows fine line cracks down one side. yipppie (not)... Probably what has helped the pipe not blow apart is all these RV water line hook ups have pressure regulators on them. Drops the incoming pressure to below 40 psi.

Water heater is 6 years old , has white PEX pipe on it and them Shark Bite slip on brass fittings... I crawl under the trailer after side skirting panels are removed. I find worse stuff. Gray pipe (as the broken cracked piece)   ... with worm type clamps onto some brasss * on the white PEX pipe.  The hose clamps are heavily rusted, corrosion, water drip tracks..  Yippie again (not)

Oh welll, the pipe broke before we had the cabinets installed and floors finished in vinyl wood looking planks.  So , now I have spend a couple days under the trailer in the crawl space replacing ALL of the water lines with new PEX lines and *.  I get to buy more tools to connect the PEX together.  I do not trust the push on ,  slip on connectors.

For some reason the board software will not allow me to type one word:  F  i t t i  n g  as in brass F  i  t  t  i  n  g 
Tony

Fat Cat

Quote from: Crosley on September 17, 2021, 12:31:38 AM
For some reason the board software will not allow me to type one word:  F  i t t i  n g  as in brass F  i  t  t  i  n  g

That is because the default filters had fitt* as a cuss word. I have removed it. I did not really vette the cuss word list when the software was setup. I am still cleaning up some of these things as they pop up.

It is fixed now.

58 Yeoman

dammit, Tony. Sounds like a bad/good thing all in one. After my divorce in '95, I bought a 1960 10x50 mobile home on a small town 'city' lot. What an adventure that was. I didn't gut mine, just held it together for four years and sold it to the next guy.  Hope your adventure gets better.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: 58 Yeoman on September 17, 2021, 06:04:14 AM
dammit, Tony. Sounds like a bad/good thing all in one. After my divorce in '95, I bought a 1960 10x50 mobile home on a small town 'city' lot. What an adventure that was. I didn't gut mine, just held it together for four years and sold it to the next guy.  Hope your adventure gets better.

Yes.. a bad - good thing. After I got the water shut off. We moved stuff. Not a lot of water sprayed. My wife tryed to slow the spray down with her finger over the hole.  LOL  Good it broke now and MADE me re pipe the whole freaking trailer.

I will admit a few minutes after the fiasco , I sat down , thinking W T F have we bought here? We knew the trailer needed updates. We planned on most of it.  LOL  Every time I turn around , I find 1 to 3 more things that need attention.  Neighbors tell us the former owner often had workers there fixing stuff.  I agree.. there is 5 yr old stuff attached to 12 yr old that is attached to 30 yr old stuff.  :o

Any how........ Phil:  We took a 210 mile ride on the Goldwing today for breakfast. We got caught in a traffic jam from a crash.. Slowed down the trip for over 10 minutes waiting in AZ heat. The other folks were worse off than us, we just had a delay. A few freeways were closed in metro phoenix area too. That is a non ending battle for ever here. :lol:  >:(
Tony

enjenjo

I went and picked up my purchases from an online machine shop auction today. If I live to use any of it once I will be money ahead. :lol: Then I went and picked up a 8.8 Mustang rear end with a locker, aftermarket axles, and a Roush girdle on it for $120.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

My wife and I are leaving early in the morning for Oklahoma City to do Rocky Mountain Race Week 2.0 or just Race Week.

The schedule is Thunder Valley Raceway at Nobel, Ok tomorrow.   Texas Motorplex at Ennis, Texas (south Dallas) Monday.  Tulsa Raceway Park at Tulsa, Ok on Tuesday.  Mid America Dragway MAD at Arkansas City, Kansas on Wednesday.  Then back to Thunder Valley on Thursday.  It will be about 1200 miles of a drag and drive event like Hot Rod Drag Week.

There will be live streaming daily beginning at 3 in the afternoon.  I should be in one of the first groups of cars to run.  My times will not be spectacular as my objective is just to complete the event.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

kb426

I just scrolled through hours of race week. I didn't catch John running. I did see several 8 second et's and some really strange looking cars. :) Is anybody watching to know how things are going?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: kb426 on September 19, 2021, 07:25:04 PM
I just scrolled through hours of race week. I didn't catch John running. I did see several 8 second et's and some really strange looking cars. :) Is anybody watching to know how things are going?

I made a pass early. Truck is overheating some. I may be done before I start
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

I think I will change the mechanical advance  back to its original springs. This bring the total in at higher rpm.  I think I started having heating problems when I recurved the distributor
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck