2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Sold the 63 1/2 Galaxie today. Only one left is the 58 Yeoman.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Phil, I don't know whether to say congrats or I'm sorry. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

I'd go with congrats. I've been thinking of selling it for a while, as I never take it anywhere. I may have driven it 3 times this year so far. I wasn't even sad to see it go, although I really do like the style, but the car was kind of a love/hate relationship.  I would do some work on it, then it would sit for months, and something else would pop up from non use. More room in the shop now so I'm not so crowded. Last year, I had put on 4 almost new chrome reverse wheels with new BFG T/A radials. The buyer didn't like them, so he took it with just the old bias ply tires and wire spoke wheel covers. He's 70, and I'm 71, but he just didn't like them. To each his own, but now I'll have some rims and tires to sell.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

So we went 1,000 plus miles in 5 days and ran on 5 drag strips on Rocky Mountain Drag Week 2.0.    The fastest car was in the 7.5 second et range.  It was an amazing experience.  Some really fun, hard working people that were competitive.  We had a very detail route each day that was much like a road rally but without the time factor.  We zig zagged a lot on 2 lane country roads and we saw a lot of stuff.  There were specific check points where you took photos of your vehicle with a land mark.  The Bumblebee sculpture was huge and very impressive.  Last night I finally figured out how to launch the truck and get a fair zero to 60 time but the engine was not running crisp.  I might have bought some bad fuel or something in the ignition is not right.  So I feel it has a little more. 

The hardest part was unloading the truck, setting up the canopy, doing the preface prep, and changing the tires each afternoon.  Then packing up when we were finished and changing the tires again. After we got to our motel each night I had to unpack the truck again and store stuff in the cab, or in our room to keep it safe. The rules specifically state that only the driver and codriver can work on the vehicle.  That meant that I did just about all of it.  My wife was an incredible navigator and planner.  She endured heat, dust, and an uncomfortable vehicle and never complained.  She likes to watch the fast cars run.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Congratulations, John and wife. :) To finish with a smile is a wonderful accomplishment.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I went to Goodland Ks. for a quick walk through of the last show of the season around here. The show was down just a bit from 2 years ago. The Colorado guys whizz down I70 and make this show pretty good. Because of the time of season and day, what pics I took are poor. I met a guy with a golf cart that was made by Cushman. It was only made for a couple of years in the early 60's. He had converted the windshield washer to a drink dispenser. He had the smallest red solo cups I have ever seen. He gave me a drink. Burned all the way down. LOL. Might have been Seagram's 7. :) There was a Carnegie art car display. I know very little about that. And for C.K. I have a 'flake pic. I found another oddity on the way. :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

The car with the doll heads on it reminded me of a Dodge minivan I had in the 90's. I stopped at a garage sale, and they had cabbage patch doll heads for sale. I bought a red headed one and stuck it on the hood ornament. Some of the looks I got were hilarious. She stayed on there for a couple years. BTW, my ex wife was a red head, but that had nothing to do with it, I swear. :lol:

Phil

chimp koose

Thanks for the flake ! it is kind of odd but have you ever noticed how flake does not show up well in pictures?

Crosley.In.AZ

Congrats at having fun and finish the Rocky Mountain race John..  A helpful wife is a great asset.  8)

Suppose to rain here today.  At 4:45am , I was outside.  Sky was very clear.  That can change fast.  LOL
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I removed a couple spam posts this sunday morning.
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: Crosley on September 26, 2021, 08:17:17 AM
I removed a couple spam posts this sunday morning.

We are still working on that with the new software. There are a few getting through but for the most part our efforts are working.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

On the food service -  restaurant  front. A few more places have closed the doors partially  because of staff shortage.  One Mexican food place we visit closed half day today (sunday) and all day monday to give their staff a needed break. They have Hiring signs up for many weeks now.

Another Mexican food place changed their lobby hours (less)...  A Whataburger we started to visit after the closer joint closed  their lobby, has changed their hours (less).  It seems to be happening in many places around here.

A buddy of mine sends me some text about the next place he finds closed.  The letters BS are used often by him in the texts.

Are people not working?  Are they finding new job fronts? I've read an article or 2 on the changes happpening in regular full service restaurant businesses. Many people are leaving the food service industry.  I figured the fast food part of the industry would be less affected?
Tony

kb426

Saturday at Goodland, my lunch plan was Steak and Shake. The lobby was closed. The sign on the door said shortage of employees. I went down the road to Syracuse. They have a pub/ cafe that had good burgers. I read the menu 3 times. No more burgers. I left and went home. No food for that day. Not a problem. :) I have no idea how this will turn out. It does appear to be nationwide.
TEAM SMART