2021: What are you doing today

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 01, 2021, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Quote from: WZ JUNK on September 19, 2021, 09:30:35 PM
I think I started having heating problems when I recurved the distributor

I hate distributor problems.
Is you wife following you the whole trip or hanging out for a few days a hoping the call does not come to pick you up.

Good Luck
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

enjenjo

I heard from John a few minutes ago. They are in Dallas tx. They will be in Tulsa tomorrow. He says the engine is running borderline hot, but manageable. He is not running the times he wants, but he is easily into the low 13s.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I found a results sheet. John ran 13.36 at Noble and 13.39 at Ennis.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

You can see todays run on Utube 
at -5.26

WZ JUNK

100 degrees in Dallas/Fort Worth yesterday. Traffic and heat caused lots of problems for everyone.  My home made chilled water air conditioning saved us .    336 miles to Tulsa, Ok today.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

John run his first pass 13.60 on Utube. Its at -1.25 on the video

Crosley.In.AZ

Had dinner with some friends..  Sorta , kinda interesting subject. A gal was talking about a few Taco Bell stores she tried to stop in for lunch and the lobby was closed.  Drive thru was open. At one store that had an open lobby she asked the manager what was the problem.  Staffing. He said they can not hire enough dependable workers to staff the stores. They may hire workers , then they do not show up after a day or 2.

We all see the "Hiring" signs. I see them. I hear the same stories on staff problems.

There is a Whataburger a few miles from us. Suddenly one day they were closed. Another store manager mentioned the whole staff walked out on a sunday. There was a rift of some type between employees and management. That Whataburger store lobby is still closed and the drive thru is only open during the day
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

The local McDonalds closed the lobby two weeks ago due to help shortage. They pay $13 per hour and still have no results. They used to pay min. wage and survived. The extended unemployment is over. What's happened?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I made a couple of passes at Tulsa and one was a slight improvement.  Dallas was brutal driving.  Shorter route and much cooler today
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: kb426 on September 22, 2021, 06:46:02 AM
The local McDonalds closed the lobby two weeks ago due to help shortage. They pay $13 per hour and still have no results. They used to pay min. wage and survived. The extended unemployment is over. What's happened?

Yes, that was discussed too. In our travels , we have seen signs with 15 to 17 dollars an hour to start. One common item I hear is kids today are to busy texting , live at home, do not drive, they dont want to work because mom n dad pay for everything.

One guy talked about a neighbor kid he has known since the kid started high school.  The kid is now early 20s.  He lives at home, he does work at a good job. He has 2 vehicles that both mom n dad bought and gave to the kid. Hard to read where this young lad will end up?

So many of the people I grew up with have the same story.. We moved out of the house by age 17 to 20 yr old. We had our drivers license the first or 2nd day we could take the final test. It is a different world now for sure.
Tony

enjenjo

My local hardware store is going through people quickly. They are good people to work for, but they can't pay as well as the big box stores. So they train new employees, and once they have the experience they move on to Lowes, or Home Depot.

All the way into Toledo most places have help wanted signs out.

WZ JUNK

We ran at Arkansas City, Kansas today. Slight improvement.  Last day is tomorrow. Much cooler weather.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Guess I am looking in the wrong place for Rocky Mountain race info.
Tony