Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

I took a stab at stance, for customer visit purposes. About to cut a rear fender.

What do you think? :?:

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

idrivejunk

Cool. 8)  Boss does too, so yay! :D  Car owner will probably go for that, we hope.

It is a little easier to picture now. :wink:  :arrow:

Matt

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

idrivejunk

Thanx, man.  8)  

I got it welded up and partly dressed but forgot to get a pic this afternoon. Made weld-in fender nuts and got one side in on those. Boy, did the customer like the fender.  :D   a LOT!

Also, I know what the tail lights will be. When you check the other thread again you'll see what distracted me as far as picture taking.
:wink:  :arrow:

Matt

chimp koose

fenders are perfect

moose

Nice flow to the fenders. Great length removed!

I found that square nuts work great for welding on as blind nuts. The corners are far enough out the minimize distortion of the threads an dwide enough not to need the extra backer.

idrivejunk

Thanks :!:  8)  Yeah I just didn't have to go anywhere to get those nuts. Ordered body bolts for the fenders, too.

Matt

idrivejunk

Just a quick nasty photo edit here  :arrow:

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

I didn't have any pictures worth a flip today but I'll tell you...

I found my right bottom rear fender lip was a lot wider than the other and from there the measurements thing snowballed. I re-thought my reference points and ended up with 18 1/2" from tub inner wall to fender lips all around. I had referenced quarters for fender depth up to this point but now have all slots on the fenders and the tilt has been corrected. Straightedge across fender lip with tire also against it leaves an inch on the inside now.

So I am gaining on it but this is complex. Never fear, just check back here. :wink:  :arrow:

Also, the taller crown on top of the left fender has to come down to match the right.. Gosh I wish there was some romance to toss in with all this adventure but nope, just more weight on the pull sled. Work to do. Still having fun doing it, just gotta think every so often. :idea:

8)  Hang loose. Catch you cats on the flipside. Oh my speaking of which the Cat frame has more goodies on it every time I walk by. Just ain't walked by with my phone yet.
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt