Model A job

Started by idrivejunk, July 25, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I agree with Mike but I am the guy with mustang tail lights in a 51 Ford. :) I thought sequential tail lights might be a nice touch. My thought was something of an early warning to people that this isn't your grandfather's model a. The modernizing of the rear causes me to wonder what can be done to the front  to be congruent with the rear. I'm not that artistic so I'm of no help, period. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thanks, KB for your thoughts. But what modernizing do you speak of, chrome exhaust tips? :?:  Those are 41-8 Chevy lamps, the #1 most common lamp swap on traditional Model A hot or street rods according to my research.  :)  I don't guess I have to worry about the front. But that IS a guess.

I'm runnin a little hot today, pardon the snotty tone if there was one in that. Feeling some pressure on a non work related thing and am ready to yell. So I'll just post and GTFO. Stand by for a brief Rodder Fodder presentation. 8)
Matt

idrivejunk

Did not make a single bolt hole. I lie like a mat. Made pieces on top of tub to fill gap in seal area of access panel, then made a tank house roof / nut strip under the between trunk hinges area.

Down there where my safety glasses are needs a filler panel also, and some squares outside the floor rails, to finish off the tank compartment.

Pic below just shows the area from the front, down low. Barely got that big across piece tacked in before go home time.

Heres the top of the Pantera right fender. Whatever they are sanding off makes me queasy when I smell it. Kids running DAs at full blast across the shop is headache material. I couldn't stand to watch / hear a rare car being stood on with an 8" mud hog using just the edge of the pad and finally showed the guy that air tools have throttles. We were two people short today, to boot. "Sick". When I'm sick, it never matters. I go and work. WTH?

Boy I better just stop speaking this instant. :evil:

Heres the latest boss request, green wheels. He asked for it at 5:07 and got it at 6:20 and I had to drive home for an hour.

Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Tag to the lower pan... 8)
6 taillights  :?:  :?:

Ahhhhhhhhh.... :?   NO :!:

Oh ...I looked 5 times ...Do I get extra points  :?:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:

Bob, you might do better not acting like your opinion is gospel. When I talk to people, I don't say "you should..." or "You need to..." I say I might or a guy could. IF thats what he is after. And I will be able to verbalize reasons. Thats something I don't believe you can do. You're being dogmatic and condescending when you say ah, no... and it is insulting. That can be a two way street if you wanna play in it. Your input has reduced value to me now because of your failure to justify remarks. If I wanted to be treated like a child because I am 52, I'd be at the hokey place. Think about it. Play nice.
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"

Bob, you might do better not acting like your opinion is gospel. When I talk to people, I don't say "you should..." or "You need to..." I say I might or a guy could. IF thats what he is after. And I will be able to verbalize reasons. Thats something I don't believe you can do. You're being dogmatic and condescending when you say ah, no... and it is insulting. That can be a two way street if you wanna play in it. Your input has reduced value to me now because of your failure to justify remarks. If I wanted to be treated like a child because I am 52, I'd be at the hokey place. Think about it. Play nice.

Sorry ...as usual ...Just trying to be comical..... :oops:  :oops:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"

Sorry ...as usual ...Just trying to be comical..... :oops:  :oops:

When you have an opinion, you have a reason why. Please include that. Otherwise its actually more like training a puppy with newspaper swats to the snout. I don't learn that way and some days I would rather bite than whimper and tuck tail. So just yeah, put something with logic behind it with your yes or ah no. Again, we're cool just do that for me if you would. I'd appreciate it and I only need a brief word of 'splaining. Thanks.
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Woops, I found myself needing to attach nuts inside the hinge boxes. Tacked triangles in, drilled. Tore out, added nuts, reattached.

Raised my arms in a V and yelled "BOLTED!!!" but nobody noticed. New guy thought it was a speaker enclosure.

Made this filler for where the trunk pan drops at front-

Boss man wants to explore using a 56 Ford pickup instrument cluster, center mounted. This is a reference shot for experiments (to be traced).

Latest I heard on tires is rear width of 17.3" on some being looked at. Mainly drag tires, similar to what the yellow 68 Camaro got. Boss is pushing for Model A tail lamps and a classy look, possibly with contrasting gloss levels somewhere and some tan on the engine. :)
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chimp koose

I wondered what you were going to do with that . Looks like major surgery . Had the wheelwell shrunk or was that typical henry ford . My anglia had a variance of more than 1/8" on the thickness of the hood side reveal from one side to the other .

idrivejunk

Both quarters have been folded and smashed in the past. There was a post months ago showing some of the differences with a paper pattern and I think it was last week I mentioned the tip of the side and wheel beads being much different. Nobody reads beyond one sentence per pic or retains any info previously given. Because it's nobody's car. Flaws and mistakes, whether actual or percieved, bring everyone out of the woodwork though. I moved the side / trunk bead tip down to match the tail panel and intend to just work my way up the problem area with unlimited butchering and quilting until a usable fit and shape is approximated. Then lop it off and make what is needed using the hacked chunk as reference. Nice as I know how.
Matt

idrivejunk

This evening I began to explore the 56 dash thing. Took awhile but a bunch of cool ideas on that theme fell out of my head onto paper in a scribbly mess. Before I sack out, I gotta get a second draft going while its fresh. Had a couple zingers for the exterior also but I will see how those sound in the morning when I am fresh. Ish.
Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chimp koose

I remember your post showing the problem with the p/s quarter . I have been waiting patiently to see how you tackle this one . As i have said before , you really should do a book some day . Repairs of this kind are what make some people abandon a project . I am gonna watch and learn ! then one day I may be able to get my T doors to line up :oops:

GPster

I thought the cuts in the quarters had to do with your boss's idea of what classy Model A tail lights would look like. I try to pay attention. GPster