Gasoline Prices: 2021

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 04, 2018, 08:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Purty common to seee 3.05 a gallon around my area now...  in Phx where I drive to get to work :  it is 2.97 or so..
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

A co-worker that lives in Maricopa AZ  , south of phx... said a Chevron  gas station he drives by was at 3.19 a gallon  for regular  this morning.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

I paid 3.10 a gallon this afternoon. At this rate:  I may need a scoot with a smaller engine than the Goldwing has.
Tony

Rrumbler

Quote from: "Crosley"I paid 3.10 a gallon this afternoon. At this rate:  I may need a scoot with a smaller engine than the Goldwing has.

Hah, good thinking.  How is it that "back in "the day", we scooted around on 500 or 650 Brits and thought we were hot stuff, and never even considered that we were really underpowered?  Then as we got a bit older, we stepped up to 750s, 900s, 72 inch Harleys, 1200 Beemers, and today, the main cruisers and big bikes all have 1500 to 1800 or so? Sure, they are moving a fair amount more weight, what with bigger tanks, fairings, wind deflectors, and sometimes we think the weight makers are almost necessary - but, I guess the point I am trying to make is, how did we get along back then?  My Trump, and XLCH didn't have anything but air, and I was sh***ing in tall cotton.  Just pondering the obvious.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Rrumbler"
Hah, good thinking.  How is it that "back in "the day", we scooted around on 500 or 650 Brits and thought we were hot stuff, and never even considered that we were really underpowered?  Then as we got a bit older, we stepped up to 750s, 900s, 72 inch Harleys, 1200 Beemers, and today, the main cruisers and big bikes all have 1500 to 1800 or so? Sure, they are moving a fair amount more weight, what with bigger tanks, fairings, wind deflectors, and sometimes we think the weight makers are almost necessary - but, I guess the point I am trying to make is, how did we get along back then?  My Trump, and XLCH didn't have anything but air, and I was sh***ing in tall cotton.  Just pondering the obvious.

True words...  I have been casually looking at ST1300 Honda bikes.  7 gallon fuel tank on them. Good mileage and power. Saddle bags n other stuff.  ABS brakes were offered on them too.

Time will tell. ...  I am gettin ready for another "down sizing" .. The Goldwing will remain.  More cars are going away.  Just need to figure that part out.  LOL
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Gasoline still running 3.06  a gallon  in Phx where I ride...  about 3.10 to 3.13 out here near my house.
Tony

kb426

$2.59 in Wichita on friday.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I paid 3.16 a gallon for regular gasoline this morning over in Chandler AZ  near a Whataburger place. Breakfast was very good.

Oddly: there is little problems with fuel availability now that prices are over 3 dollar a gallon

I try to stay out of Chandler for 2 reasons...  Radar - photo traffic lights and the Self driving car business  Waymo is in that area
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Up , over in Mesa AZ near the Harbor Freight store on Gilbert rd...  I paid 3.13 for gasoline. The Goldwing was thirsty
Tony

lofat46

I'm about 25 miles west of Chicago, gas was 2.99 for regular yesterday. Just read two bills pending in Illinois legislature to raise gas tax. One is to raise it 19 cents a gallon to a total of 38 cents and one 15 cent as a gallon to a total of 34. Plus we already pay 6.25% sales tax per gallon. The bills also include raising registration fees $50.00 a year. One of the bills will also raise drivers license renewals $30.00.  Neither bill is close to passing but we are being bombarded with tv commercials on the life threatening problems with our roads and bridges.  Our new governor has even tossed around the idea of a mileage tax. BTW, the gov is under federal investigation already. Continuing the Illinois tradition.  Illinois has had 9 Governors in the last 50 years, 4 have gone to prison. :shock:

Crosley.In.AZ

Around the house here this morning... 3.11 to 3.14 a gallon.  Diesel fuel is about the same as gasoline today.
Tony

chimp koose

Crosley.In.AZ

Had to go out this afternoon...  battery in the yard tractor quit.

Gasoline was at 3.16 most places.  Diesel  is up to 3.19 a gallon.  :shock:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Rode past the local big car wash today... they are at 3.26 a gallon for regular gasoline  :shock:  :!:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Friday morning in Phx... paid 3.20 a gallon for gasoline..  There seems to be no end to the price increases
Tony