What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

I saw a recommendation in the latest "AARP--Old Timers" special summer edition...

They suggested having a bar in your shower for safety as you age ....I figured that I better get prepared ... :roll:

What do you think   :?:  :?:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I saw a recommendation in the latest "AARP--Old Timers" special summer edition...

They suggested having a bar in your shower for safety as you age ....I figured that I better get prepared ... :roll:

What do you think   :?:  :?:

Shouldn't there be at least one bottle on the floor? For when you fall and can't get up? 😄

Crosley.In.AZ

I may need some assistence to ID a Ford 429 engine.  I am waiting on photos and we need to get the casting numbers off the parts.  I have read a bit online about  casting numbers.  I have Not seen the engine yet

this a fresh long block build 30 yrs ago.  Never finished, never fired.  It is part of the estate of my buddy Steve that passed away earlier this yr.

Steve had a way to stumble upon deals. This engine may have factory Cobra Jet parts &  heads.

The family already sold his 1970 Torino. That had a Clevland 351 4v with a hi-po C6 trans and factory 8 bolt hi stall converter.  The 429 was slated for the Torino 30 yrs ago. But life got in Steve's way.

I dont know if it means any thing... the guy that bought the Torino.. His health suddenly took a chit. Weird.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, I suppose you have seen this: http://www.castingnumbers.info/site/browse/m/Ford

yes, I've seen it,  thanks.  I gathered some info from there last nite.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Received a couple photos of the 429 Phord .  I have not seen the engine yet. It is 45 miles from me.

Of course the valve cover is sitting over the area where the casting numbers on the head should be.

Looks like  460 cast on the front of the block.  Although the 460 appears backwards?

From my reading: the 429 & 460 share the same basic block & heads
Tony

kb426

I'm mowing the yard for the 1st time of the season. I'm excited that it's "that" time of the year. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I'm mowing the yard for the 1st time of the season. I'm excited that it's "that" time of the year. :)

HUH  :?:   Here: I've mowed the yards a few times already.
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I'm mowing the yard for the 1st time of the season. I'm excited that it's "that" time of the year. :)

Are you mowing the yard "Frank's Way "   :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Are you mowing the yard "Frank's Way "   :?:  :?:  :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

No , No.  I would never try to deliver a view :arrow:  like Frank does on the mower.
Tony

WZ JUNK

I did 4 car events in 24 hours with my brother and that included the Stray Kat 500.  Fun for old hot rodders.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

58 Yeoman

Taking the 63 to JCWhitney car show tomorrow in LaSalle. My buddy is taking his 55 Austin (super hot car).

Also got my traffic light finished the other day.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

yard work . one more day and it should be all done.

kb426

I gave the 51 and the 32 a bath. I attacked the Dakota rt daily and cleaned it pretty good. I've put the Taco mini bike in the 32 for a show next week. That's enough cleaning for 1 day. :)
TEAM SMART