What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"

Did I ever post pix of my buddies '55 Austin that he turned into a pro-street? Is that what you're planning with your Morris?

More of an Altered type car.  Gasser look.  Straight axle under the front.

I tried a Mustang II front suspension many yrs ago. I did not like the way the narrowed up Mustang II  suspension looked or operated.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I got two estimates of $4,900 to repair the damage to my car.  All the panels on the front have chips and the grille and front bumper are chipped. Since it is single stage paint, it is difficult to repair and blend so the estimates are to repaint the complete panels.  I have no experience with a claim like this.  Updates to follow.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Paint has gotten out of sight in the last few years.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Losing my memory. Turns out it's a '53 Austin with a 400hp 350 auto. Pretty cool car, but definitely a 2 seater.

https://autorv.com/ad/BWL6301304
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Today I Built a stand for my bead roller.  Looks like it will work well.

Scrap metal bits I had laying around.

8)
Tony

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"Today I Built a stand for my bead roller.  Looks like it will work well.

8)

Looks good Tony.  I replaced the hand crank on mine with a old steering wheel.  It made it much easier for me to use.  It seemed like the handle was always in the most awkward position when I was ready to work.  A larger wheel also gives more leverage.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

A gasser that Hooley often competes against had a catastrophic failure during his burnout this weekend at Tulsa.  This car is painted into the tornado graphic on the side of Hooley's "Okie Twister"  That have had long on going rivalry that I am sure will continue.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

58 Yeoman

OUCH! One comment was that he may have broke an axle, causing it to turn? Glad he's okay.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "Crosley"Today I Built a stand for my bead roller.  Looks like it will work well.

8)

Looks good Tony.  I replaced the hand crank on mine with a old steering wheel.  It made it much easier for me to use.  It seemed like the handle was always in the most awkward position when I was ready to work.  A larger wheel also gives more leverage.

John

I also put a steering wheel on mine. It's off an old bus, 24" diameter.

enjenjo

I have a buddy with a Jeep that did almost the same thing when he broke an axle. He didn't end up back on his wheels.

WZ JUNK

Hooley had nearly the same thing happen at Denton, Texas.  His turned the other direction towards the starter.  His incident was caused by water on the track ahead of the water box.  One wheel hooked up and the other did not.  http://www.texpic.net/p184370373/h5f9de9ad#h5f9de9f5

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

I watched the video. My thought is broken axle. He had high wheel speed so anything that happened was probably beyond saving. Short wheelbase cars with suspension scare me. Anything that happens gives very little time to compensate.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"A gasser that Hooley often competes against had a catastrophic failure during his burnout this weekend at Tulsa.  This car is painted into the tornado graphic on the side of Hooley's "Okie Twister"  That have had long on going rivalry that I am sure will continue.  

John

Video looked to me like there was indeed an isolated twister which swept up the car. Thats tornado damage. :lol: It's fate was sealed when the Okie Twister was painted. :wink:  :idea:

Glad the car ain't hurt real bad. :)
Matt

chimp koose

crosley how is your bead roller for rigidity ? we had to weld a plate on ours at work to keep the top and bottom rollers aligned . they would walk apart side to side on big stuff. I like the steering wheel idea .

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

8)

John

I have this wheel  in mind.  Do not have the time to get it finished yet...

8)
Tony