What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I forgot to say  , there is a new little man in the family !

kb426

Congrats C.K. Try to wait a while before corrupting the new member. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Congrats MR. & Mrs. C.K .    8)   See ..This is proof that there IS a reward for not disowning your teenagers  :!:  :!:  :!:

Bob...   :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"What an experience to hold a grandchild ! The new little family is doing well . My wife and I are just overwhelmed with joy .

Applause :!:  :D  :D  :D  );b(
Matt

chimp koose

enjenjo

So are you going to spoil him? It's fun.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Spoil is not the proper word . I asked my son to let me know when he needs a pedal car . I already have that mini chopper and my son says they will do 2 wheel time . Someone needs a metalflake stroller ! I have also seen those pedal airplanes that have a spinning propeller , we have an aviation program at my school and all the tools .

enjenjo

This Is what I built for my first grandchild. He still has it and going on 30 years old. He plans to give it to his son.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I have been unable to post photos but I was able to get that option fixed today.  My computer had updated and my iPhone had updated and then I could no longer get the photos from my phone to the computer.   I can not tell you how I did it, but it is working and that is the important part.  I wish I could stop the updates.  However I wanted to post a photo with this note and now I can not find the photo.  Just visualize some photo in your mind.  Not a pink * though.

I fixed the hood on my 54 Chevy with a shrinking disc.  I learned a lot and if I had owned one when the original problem came up, it would have been easy to fix with the disc.

The hood was painted yesterday and I will install it on the car early next week.  The 54 will be all one color again, at least on the outside.  

When we bought the car, 16 years ago, it came with new upholstery that had never been installed.  It was a hideous color and style.  I wanted something in the car until we get the new upholstery done.  Last week I tried dyeing the upholstery black with Rit dye.  The color is good but now a powder black dust comes off of it when you touch any of the material I dyed.  A big mess.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, thanks for the warning. Years ago I asked my wife about dyeing some material. We decided not to. Might have turned out to be a good decision. I agree on the updates. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I once dyed a car carpet in the bath tub ,.... that was during my first marriage .

Carnut

Oh gee, I've done a lot of vinyl/leather/fabric/carpet dying almost from day one of my life with cars. Dyed the seats in my Model A Coupe 50+ years ago right up to the PT Cruiser seats I put in my 40 Ford a few years ago using SEM products.

Heh, heh I've even dyed my distressed brown bomber jacket to distressed black.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Carnut"

George, I've got a similar brown distressed jacket I'd like to dye black. How did you do it? Soak, spray, or some other way? What kind of dye? Does it run when it gets wet?
George

Carnut

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Carnut"

George, I've got a similar brown distressed jacket I'd like to dye black. How did you do it? Soak, spray, or some other way? What kind of dye? Does it run when it gets wet?

Oh gee, that jacket is a lot blacker than the photo, guess the flash made it brighter.

I sprayed it with SEM Color Coat Black. Quite easy to do. No running just soaked in on mine. I've even used Armorall leather care on it long after dying with no problem.

https://www.semproducts.com/product/color-coattm-aerosols/aerosols