What are you doing today? 2018

Started by enjenjo, December 31, 2017, 03:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I check a few sites of interest each day and Bangshift is one.  Today they feature a video of gassers from a nostalgia meet a Tulsa.
Hooley makes more than one pass in the "Okie Twister" Orange Henry J.   https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/gassers-tulsa-let-old-school-show-thing-two/

John
Thanks John. That warms my heart on a wintery Michigan day. :0-0
George

kb426

The video was fun. That's the 1st look at the new tower they built years ago that I have seen. When I raced there it was the original. To get a 270"wb. car around, we had to fire way back and do several reverses to got on the track.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

got a notice in the mail about a package waiting at the post office . Must be the master cyl for the coupe . I guess ill be working on the T again real soon .

idrivejunk

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I check a few sites of interest each day and Bangshift is one.  Today they feature a video of gassers from a nostalgia meet a Tulsa.  Hooley makes more than one pass in the "Okie Twister" Orange Henry J.   https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/gassers-tulsa-let-old-school-show-thing-two/

John

Delicious soul food :D  I was entranced  :shock:  Could not hardly recognize the place. Been at least a decade since I went to a TnT. That looked like some solid racing action and boy howdy them old rods sure haul the mail. );b(  :0-0

The Chevelle job is growing like a beanstalk just like the 68 Mustang did, and when I get time to cull pics I'll try again for a more reasonable size. The Mustang got red with wide white stripes down the middle today. Insert sleepy smiley with hammer in one hand, wrench in the other here. :)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Harbor Freight flash lite.  Many other labels & places sell the same design in different colors

The lite end Slides open for 2nd set of led lites.

I slid mine open last week.  It made some mild crunchin noise like plastic bits were breaking.

After I opened it up : the plastic guides did break.  It is now a non-slide open regular flash lite.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I wish I'd known about the dog barking thingie when I had my house before this one. The neighbor lady had a dog in her back yard that belonged to her son that live 15 miles away. The dog would bark incessantly during the night. The son finally took the dog to his house.

Well in my case (as cautioned on package) it INcreased barking. That did not deter me from using the device, just let me know the dog wanted to do it the hard way. My strategy after the fiasco on Labor Day was to gather video evidence, try not to yell inside my house... and wait for it to come to a head. Last couple weeks before, they had gone back to leaving it out night and day and I was getting uneasy about my ability to continue tolerating. Whew! Birds and squirrels are returning. :)

Boy howdy did I speak too soon. Got threatening voicemail from neigh. And they called cops saying I had put a camera outside the window where they breastfeed. It was the bark genie still hanging in yard. I don't want to go out there anymore. Two calls, one to neigh, one to police... and I still haven't done wrong. Total BS. Angry as hell. But I was right, the dog is gone. Life ruiners over there, trying hard to scare me. But I got back on the 59 job today. Worked on the 53 truck, yella Shevella, and ah... my Cat job. Mood is tanked though, no billboards today.

Nifty flashlight :idea: :?:
Matt

chimp koose

I am standing on my head trying to weld through bifocals under the dash area of the coupe . I will be a pro grinder soon ! Any attempt to put light on the situation makes the auto dimmer welding helmet go dark . What I really need is 2 extra vertebrae in my neck so I can bend my head back far enough to see . Left the reading glasses at home  :x . Did you know it only takes one spark to get shop coats to burn freely ? I am trying to protect painted areas and a chrome steering column , I guess I will look for the leather welding bib . I wonder if this is how the special effect smoked paint got its start ? Maybe I can just shoot clear over it and forget carpet ! That would leave me no choice but to leave the in sides of the doors as metal and shoot them with metalflake ! Maybe I should just go home and get my reading glasses ? :lol:

kb426

C.K., I'm just going to be quiet. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

CK....  Have you given any thought to an exercise club  :?:   Maybe a visit to the gym once a week or so  :idea:  :?:      Maybe the health club    :?:  
Sound like it would be safer & more economical....... :idea:

Oh....Something that the Old Guys taught me .. When working upside down with bifocals, turn your glass's over.....It makes a HUGE difference ... :idea:  :?  8)

Back to hiding under the bed ....According to the weather people, the world as we know it ends tomorrow.......  :shock:  :?  :roll:

Hey Tony ...Do you have a safe place to hide  :?:   All stocked up on water,milk,bread,all the other staples  :?:  :?:   :lol:

Bob....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I tried the glasses upside down but they wont stay centered . That view reminds me of the 70s !

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: chimp kooseI tried the glasses upside down but they wont stay centered

Maybe need to also turn nose over  :?:  :?:  :idea:  :roll:

Bob..
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"CK....  Have you given any thought to an exercise club  :?:   Maybe a visit to the gym once a week or so  :idea:  :?:      Maybe the health club    :?:  
Sound like it would be safer & more economical....... :idea:

Oh....Something that the Old Guys taught me .. When working upside down with bifocals, turn your glass's over.....It makes a HUGE difference ... :idea:  :?  8)

Back to hiding under the bed ....According to the weather people, the world as we know it ends tomorrow.......  :shock:  :?  :roll:

Hey Tony ...Do you have a safe place to hide  :?:   All stocked up on water,milk,bread,all the other staples  :?:  :?:   :lol:

Bob....

Aren't staples a bit too crunchy?

Everything is fine again in IDJ land. Personality anomalies are due to subside. Now I gotta try upside down bifocals for kicks on Saturday night. :idea:
Matt

58 Yeoman

I just wear reading glasses when I weld, otherwise I couldn't see anything.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

I only see with one eye and hear with one ear. If I was trying to lay on my back and weld something above me I'd electrocute myself or catch myself on fire. Con't you have a kid in one of your classes that seems to weld pretty good ? It might be an "Extra Credit"job. GPster

chimp koose

bought the welding instructor lunch , he welded it for me . Just have to endure the old man comments for a while :lol: