What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

My brother was goofing off with his grand kids a few yrs back. Stepped wrong, snapped a bone in his foot.  Docs used some fancy stem cells on him for that.  I say fancy , cause the tech is still sorta new and very interesting.

Diabetes is a tough one. Brother (only have 1, much older) is a type 2. He is 50+ lbs over weight for decades.  His wife is type 1 from her teens.  Dementia has set in on his wife I am afraid. The "gets angry" type of dementia, if you follow me.

Brother was just in hospital last week. Abdominal pain, throwing up blood. After scope inspection , ulcers were found in the stomach. 2 large ones, 10 small ones. I was not told the size of big or small.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

This is a long story but I'm going to whack it down to a short snip. I was at a friends shop this afternoon. It's 104 degrees out and we're enjoying summer. He's a lot younger than me. He mentions that he wants to know what to use to build a dragster seat. Before it's over, I'm volunteering to build a seat and whatever in a front engine dragster. This will be a cackelfest car at best, maybe just a show car. I'm aware that the addiction is still there for me at some level. Once a racer, always a racer?????
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Trust me KB...  It never leaves you .... 8)  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

KB , good luck staying out of racing for long . Once a racer always a racer . There are few things harder to say no to than making parts for a race car . Once you get the bug to make something faster it gets hard to turn down the challenge when presented .

enjenjo

Spent the day getting Shelby married. She is now known as Shelby Ireland.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

They talk about racing never leaving you. The Fatherhood feeling keeps on going too! A beautuful picture. GPster

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"This is a long story but I'm going to whack it down to a short snip. I was at a friends shop this afternoon. It's 104 degrees out and we're enjoying summer. He's a lot younger than me. He mentions that he wants to know what to use to build a dragster seat. Before it's over, I'm volunteering to build a seat and whatever in a front engine dragster. This will be a cackelfest car at best, maybe just a show car. I'm aware that the addiction is still there for me at some level. Once a racer, always a racer?????

Hooley and I visited this last Thursday.  He has a chance to trade for a front engine rail and we talked about what would be involved and what we would need.   At this point I can not say if anything will become of this opportunity.  I have always wanted to run a fed but we are both long in the tooth.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, I can help with that a little. Most fed's have no room inside the shoulder hoop. Unless the car is a recent build, only midgets can fit in them. If you can't fit, it won't be good. A fed without a hellacious motor wouldn't be much anyway. Carbed engines with powerglides won't put too big of a smile on your face. If you have an engine in front of you that is scary to be next to, you could see why drivers did it and then didn't do it. :) One of the more interesting cars I drove was leftover from the real early 60's. It might have been 120" wb. Healthy small block and one of the 2 speed trans that was made from an IHC torque amplifier from the tractors. Non slipper clutch. Side step it and * the front for quite a ways. After the front came down, you could go to sleep. I've observed the restorations of the fed's and would kind of like to do one to make it look way better than they ever did. :) Those of you that have been to cackelfests have all seen the same thing. I'm not going to be a racer again with my bank account. :)
Frank, I hope Shelby is off on a long and happy life. Happy father's day to all of you!
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"Spent the day getting Shelby married. She is now known as Shelby Ireland.

Wonderful news.  It has been a great experience watching her grow up to the woman she is today.  My first memory of her is a young girl riding with Denise in the Olds when the olds was just barely a driver.  Pass on our best wishes.

J&B
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Spent the day getting Shelby married. She is now known as Shelby Ireland.

Congrats Frank. Hard to believe how fast the time passes! Coincidentally, I was in your neck of the woods, Ann Arbor, for a wedding on Sat too. My niece and Nephews son got married at a big farm/barn setting. Weddings have changed, for the better. They were married outside and when the walked back down the "aisle" the d.j. played Redbone, " Come and get your love". 😃 Perfect.

purplepickup

Congratulations to Shelby. :b-d:  May they have a long and happy life together.  :D
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Congrats to Shelby and her husband.  Marriage seems to be something many young kids today dont bother with.

And: I must admit that each time I see Shelby mentioned here.  I wonder if she checks her engine oil level more often.   8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"John, I can help with that a little. Most fed's have no room inside the shoulder hoop. Unless the car is a recent build, only midgets can fit in them. If you can't fit, it won't be good. A fed without a hellacious motor wouldn't be much anyway. Carbed engines with powerglides won't put too big of a smile on your face. If you have an engine in front of you that is scary to be next to, you could see why drivers did it and then didn't do it. :) One of the more interesting cars I drove was leftover from the real early 60's. It might have been 120" wb. Healthy small block and one of the 2 speed trans that was made from an IHC torque amplifier from the tractors. Non slipper clutch. Side step it and * the front for quite a ways. After the front came down, you could go to sleep. I've observed the restorations of the fed's and would kind of like to do one to make it look way better than they ever did. :) Those of you that have been to cackelfests have all seen the same thing. I'm not going to be a racer again with my bank account. :)
Frank, I hope Shelby is off on a long and happy life. Happy father's day to all of you!

Hooley says that the current owner/driver is his size, so he should fit.  Hooley has the small block blower motor that ran 250 mph at Bonneville in the Studebaker.  This engine also put the Henry J in the 8's on the dragstrip.  We could probably use a powerglide for the transmission.  I think it is just dreaming anyway, but it seems like fun.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Charlie Chops 1940

Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs.! May you have a long and happy life together

Your old friend - Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

I just spent almost 2 hours fabbing a cup holder for the 51. It's effective but not cool. The idea god doesn't know where I am today. :)
TEAM SMART