What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

The "smoke monkey" is a tough one to get off a person's back usually.  I have never smoked, my older brother did. It took him many years to quit in the daze when the "patch" had not been invented yet.

I chatted with Frank a few weeks ago about this stuff. I deal with mild sleep apnea & likely need a sleep study to verify results. The mask & tube would be a problem for me.  I swap side to side during the night because of discomfort on my joints.  Tried many different bed style to the point I refuse to buy another bed.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

2 small items finished. The f150 engine has a belt on it. At the particular length that I needed, there weren't as many choices as with  longer belts. I compromised by drilling another hole in the alternator bracket for the adjuster. Most everyone has heard of the dangers of casting flash so I ground on the 32 axle for a while. I will examine it closely before deciding to use it. I'm a forged axle fan even though there are many cast axles used successfully.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Frank , I hope you are getting better . Quitting smoking can be a bear . Sometimes it can be made easier by going to a vape system . Probably not completely healthy but a lot better than cigarettes and you still have something to do with your hands . Where I am from a good reason to quit is the $17 a pack that they cost .If you don't succeed , remember don't quit quitting .

chimp koose

Goofy season at school now . My shop kids were doing a large shop clean yesterday and there was getting to be a large pile of aluminum chips on the floor . Sent a helpful student off to a neighboring shop for the aluminum magnet . Each shop teacher sent him to the next shop . This one never gets old !

Crosley.In.AZ

I've been chatting online with the current owner of a Front wheel drive 1970 Chevelle we built in the 1980's.  Currently in Virginia, which is where it was found years ago by an online search by Jim Rivers

Current owner's  uncle bought the Chevelle off eBay about 7 yrs ago. He has taken care of the car since he bought it from his uncle a few years ago. New rear bumper, stainless gas tank, other minor repairs, updates. The blower drive front cover has been replaced. Wheel opening trim was added at some time.

I am amazed the car has survived, still functions, drives.  So many custom cars after 30 years end up rotting in a garage or barn. He tells me the speed-O shows 7900 miles on it.

Some where in there, some one added SS emblems and the scoop. The fellow says the paint is still in good shape. It shines
Tony

kb426

Tony, is that toronado based?
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"Goofy season at school now . My shop kids were doing a large shop clean yesterday and there was getting to be a large pile of aluminum chips on the floor . Sent a helpful student off to a neighboring shop for the aluminum magnet . Each shop teacher sent him to the next shop . This one never gets old !

My first real sorta 'real' job at age 16,  washing dishes at a resort near Scottsdale AZ..  one night , one of the chefs came back in  a hurry and ask me to go get a couple cans of steam. The steam table where the food was staged was low on steam. He was disappointed when I did not fall for the joke.
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"Goofy season at school now . My shop kids were doing a large shop clean yesterday and there was getting to be a large pile of aluminum chips on the floor . Sent a helpful student off to a neighboring shop for the aluminum magnet . Each shop teacher sent him to the next shop . This one never gets old !

So did he ever return with some tissue paper  :?:  :?:     Don't ask me how I know that ....... :roll:  :oops:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, is that toronado based?

Yes.  1966 Toronado subframe with sb chevy adapted to the transaxle.
Tony

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"

My first real sorta 'real' job at age 16,  washing dishes at a resort near Scottsdale AZ..  one night , one of the chefs came back in  a hurry and ask me to go get a couple cans of steam. The steam table where the food was staged was low on steam. He was disappointed when I did not fall for the joke.

the thing in the printing industry is a "paper stretcher"

first time i was sent i went to the cafeteria and got a snack/drink and sat a while to eat. after a while guy who sent came and found me. asked what i was doin, with a :wink:  i said i asked about the stretcher and one of the guys said he'd bring it to me here in the cafeteria. he knew he had been had and laughed.

second time i just pointed at the slow button on the press. guy looked at my questioningly. i told him press that button your paper lasts longer

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

In the Air Force it was prop wash, and B1rd planes.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

Quote from: "enjenjo"In the Air Force it was prop wash, and B1rd planes.
and flight line   :wink:

Rrumbler

Trying to keep cool; it's gettin' hot here in SinCity, supposed to be about 115 on Monday.  It's always hotter in Phoenix, though, right, Tony?

Following on on Frank's travails, I have something to offer; not trying to start a fuss over ethics, or any such, just telling my experience for thought.

About three months ago, I decided to give the owners of the local parts house an impromptu examination of the dirt and asphalt in their parking lot - I fell of the curb with my walker and wound up with my face in the dirt.  I got a contusion on my left leg where I scraped it on something, and it wouldn't heal up; I went to the Doc and she gave me some antibiotics, kept the thing clean and bandaged, but it just kept oozing that clear stuff, and the scabs would fall off and be open sores again.

I had my regular appointment with my Podiatrist, and she took a look at it, asked me how long it had been going on, and proceeded to scold me for not coming to see her; said she would treat it with stem cell therapy if I wanted; she is board certified in wound care and stem cell therapy.  I looked at her sideways, and she told me no, this is not embryonic origin, it is some new stuff that they grow in a lab, cultured from bone marrow material.  I figured why  not, nothing else was working, so here we are three weeks next Wednesday and three treatments, and it is pretty much healed up.  At two weeks, what had been a half dozen various sized spots, and one three inch scrape, were down to three small spots, one less than a quarter inch, and two about the size of a pin head; should be all better on Wednesday.  I am sold.  For folks like me, with leg problems related to Diabetes, and circulation or neuropathy, this stuff could be a Godsend.

I know some of us here have some of these sorts of difficulties, due to whatever we have done to ourselves in some six to eight decades of living, so this is something for us to put in our little bag of tricks to keep us going a bit longer.  I was honestly getting worried about that leg; I have been pretty fortunate, so far; I have been actively struggling with diabetes, and spinal diseases for a long time, but still have all of my extremities and appendages, even if they are somewhat banged up.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

wayne petty

set your alarms... and your travel plans.     solar eclipse august 21 2017..

http://imgur.com/gallery/h9eArPp

looks like the Salem oregon to south carolina

kb426

Rumbler, that's real interesting. I have diabetic friends that I'll pass that info on to. :)
TEAM SMART