What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, is there any answer for the scorpions except moving?

Hmmm... don't know which is worse, scorpions or the predators?

https://tinyurl.com/y88bv6yu
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Hey Tony .....I can dispatch my friends to help if needed ...... :idea:

You need to be advised ....They aren't very "selective" ...... :?

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "kb426"Tony, is there any answer for the scorpions except moving?

Hmmm... don't know which is worse, scorpions or the predators?

https://tinyurl.com/y88bv6yu

It is the desert I live in. The areas more densely  populated, the scorpions have disappeared, with the humans win the battle.

Plenty of lizards around here too. Cockroaches & crickets are their main food I figure

We have owls & other predator birds here. I've seen owls fly at night in the moon light with a small rodent in a claw.  Neighbors had a weiner dog disappear more than 10 yrs ago. They allowed the dog to roam the yard loose thru a doggy door.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Frank and his buddy were out back smoking meat yesterday, and while they were waiting they shot five groundhogs. I installed the rear fenders on the 46.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "enjenjo"Frank and his buddy were out back smoking meat yesterday, and while they were waiting they shot five groundhogs. I installed the rear fenders on the 46.

Nope we got six.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Frank and his buddy were out back smoking meat yesterday, and while they were waiting they shot five groundhogs. I installed the rear fenders on the 46.

Nope we got six.

Did you have enough smoke  :?:  :?:  :roll:

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Nope we got six.

A friend of mine tried to smoke meat once...he couldn't get it lit. He went back to joints.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

I'm about to be able to tell people that I spend hours with the treadmill. :) Of course that is truth only in the political world. This pic is of the treadmill motor adapted to the mill. The electrics are just hung until I get an enclosure built. I believe I'll source a small fan to mount towards the motor for cooling also. A tachometer would be nice also. :) I made a test cut in a chunk of 1" aluminum with a 5/8" end mill and it wizzed through that easily. This may be the beginning of finding the optimum motor and controller for this. This motor is 120volt and I'd sure like to have a 220 volt setup.
TEAM SMART

sirstude

More wiring and plumbing on the air suspension for the Olds.  Just about done in the trunk.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

I moved parts around in the shop so I could get a bike in. I've had to move the 32 to get one out to ride to work the last week. That was getting old quick. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Irrigation water flowed in last nite (sunday)....  I looked for scorpions on the outside of the back yard cinder block fence.  I killled 10 of them.

I dont often wonder out the back side of the fence.  The scorps were easy pickins , right on the wall or at ground level near the wall.

I killed 3 more scorpions in the front yard.  Total sunday nite was 13
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Nope we got six.

Yes we did.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"

Nope we got six.

A friend of mine tried to smoke meat once...he couldn't get it lit. He went back to joints.

That's because he wasn't using a large enough fire.

UGLY OLDS

Nope we got six.

Yes we did.

HEY   :!:  :!:     I know where you can get a deal on somethin' like that ... :idea:   LOTS more storage, built with quality & pride, a BIG  grilling area, runs on clean burning propane, no smoke issues ever, it even has mag wheels and can be easily moved with a purple fish ..... :!:   There's even a separate burner arrangement that heats a "cauldron", making an interesting but delicious delicacy  that I don't think ever got an official name .   :shock:
If memory serves me correctly, it was best run by a fella named "Matches" , or something related to "Blue Tips" ..... :?

I can prolly get you an "Insider Discount" if you want ...   :roll:

Bob... :wink: