What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I cleaned the 51 again this evening. A guy should live somewhere without insects if he owns one of these. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Teaching my last machining night class for the year tonight .

kb426

C.K., is there sadness or gladness?
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Our wooden deck is about 2 years old, so we decided that it's time to stain it. We bought a gallon of Cabot's semi-transparent, and tried spraying it with 2 different deck sprayers. We ended up brushing it on...was much quicker and less messy. 12x22 didn't take us too long with both of us brushing.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

Night class is a blast . My oldest student is 70 with lots of military experience and there were 6 guys older than myself in the class . I have them do whatever projects they like within their skill level and a bit beyond . If they are making chips they are learning . This semester the class was split with our welding instructor so I only taught 1 night a week . They learned gas , stick , mig and some tig in welding . The thing with this class is that everyone there wants to learn and is a motivated learner , even the school aged kids . You don't come to a night class to kill time . I have taught 7 night classes in the past 6 years . One of next years projects will be to convert a horizontal mill into a vertical mill for the 70 year old student. We made quick change tool posts last year .

Crosley.In.AZ

Took apart the Harbor freight Weld helmet.  Auto dark helmet  unit because it stopped working.

Battery in side (2) auto dark unit  went dead.  Found online hack to re-fit battery.  Waiting for small parts to arrive.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I painted the book case I built months ago. It's not real good but it is one color. :) It matches the amplifier stand I made years ago. It reached above 100 degrees here for the 1st time today. It's been low 80's so the change is hurting the lightweights. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Drove the Arkansas hot rod 100 today.  240 miles round trip, from home, through the route, and then back home.  The car did great and it was a really nice run.  I enjoy driving more than sitting in a lawn chair at a car show.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I understand, John. Unless someone that's lively is sitting in the chair next to you, it's about nap time. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Driving is LOTS more fun than sitting ..... :!:  8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Crosley"Took apart the Harbor freight Weld helmet.  Auto dark helmet  unit because it stopped working.

Battery in side (2) auto dark unit  went dead.  Found online hack to re-fit battery.  Waiting for small parts to arrive.

A photo of the auto dark helmet  unit.

Round discs are the battery
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Went to an air show and then stopped in at the drag strip on the way home . Saw the last FED I bought and then sold .  Running 7.80s . I think I need another FED when the T is finished . My last pass in a FED was in '97

kb426

Moving stuff around. Doing small stuff to get ready for another project.
TEAM SMART

Arnold

Sorting through parts. SPENDING my life doing that lately. PLENTY :D of good memories. Deciding what to keep,what to sell(or try to) what to just take straight to the dump or scrap yard.

I do find it a LOT easier when I cannot even give some stuff away..to take similar stuff  right to the dump,scrap yard.

Google to me right now is a godsend :D when I come across so much stuff I have NO IDEA about. Also brings back plenty of memories.

Carnut

Took my PT Convertible to the area's largest and most laid back show at All Wheels Lake Afton, Ks.