What are you doing today? 2017

Started by enjenjo, January 01, 2017, 12:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

For the second week in a row I found Morel mushrooms in my yard when I mowed. They go really good with steak. :D

I did a sleep study, they found that I have sleep apnea. Thursday they fitted me with a CPAP mask, and I have been using it since then. It seems to be helping. We will see after a few more days.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Uh-oh. Turned my water on for a couple minutes hoping to locate the leak in the yard. It just pools up in the lightning hole which is 2-3 yards away from the line. There are 4" diameter roots in the area and the whole yard is a tangle of them. It about did me in digging the last hole but it was obvious right where to dig. I am screwed because I don't know where to dig. I'm betting that the tree and plumbing aren't covered because they aren't house. The suspense sucks. It will be a challenge finding anyone to look at anything since the county is now a disaster area! Went out to find chow before dark last night and ended up having to do several rounds of serious fording in the GTP. Anyway, this morning I got out all the digging stuff but realized before starting that it would be pointless. All I can do is watch DVDs and wait for the cable guy but I am counting my blessings.
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Wow  :shock: look at all them stacks! :-o
Lightning struck my only tree last night, oh man wait until I can show you a pic! Unfortunately it also struck the ground nearby and cut the water supply line to my house (plastic, maybe 3 feet down) plus fried the buried internet and TV hose. Somehow I escaped with a fried modem, tripped breaker, and an adrenaline jolt that would choke a horse. And of course my beloved shade tree is ripped from stem to stern. Arm sized chunks of trunk were thrown over the house into the backyard, it was like a bomb went off at 11:15. Just as I was halfway through a Dragnet radio episode and winding down to hit the sack with soft rain sounds. POW! Never been that scared as an adult. It hit 25-30 feet from my chair. Whew!

Pictures    :!:    We need to see pictures  :!:  :!:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

I live 500 feet from a state highway. Since this am, the road 1/4 mile south of me has been closed due to a washout. There were 2 culverts under the road, and they are now on the west side in the ditch. Northbound lane is gone, and SB is ready to collapse. There is a red PU in the NB ditch, where he must've swerved at the last minute to miss the gaping hole in the road.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

My picture posting apparatus is inoperative. Best I can do at the moment. Wiped out router and onboard network card plus coax cable in walls also. Fortunately the IDJ pic archive survived. Now that I got web back I gotta find a tree remover then plumber then pay for all of it and hope I get some back. Trouble is there's no money to begin with. I need a shower something fierce. Insert stream of profanity here, I can't even use the smileys.

Matt

kb426

Power just came back on here. It went off about 5am. I went for coffee at 5.30. It had started snowing after everything from yesterday had melted off the streets. By 6:30, a foot of wet wind packed snow had dropped. At 10 am, a policeman in a Jeep took me home. I had someone in a 4 wheel truck take me to get my pickup. It's parked in a driveway 3 blocks away from my house  where the snow was getting too deep for me to go any farther. All the roads were closed this morning. We had almost 50mph winds for hours. There's stranded vehicles everywhere and more broken limbs than I believe I've ever seen.  The snow in my street is almost 18" deep. What a surprise for the end of April. With the friday night rain and the saturday snow, we had around 3" of moisture. I don't think any gauge caught anything today unless it was horizontal. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

What do you think CK ...  :?   Should we keep this place ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  on our retirement list   :?:  :shock:  :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Ah. Spoke with an insurance man on the lightning deal. I am covered, its all good and they put me up in the fanciest hotel suite I ever saw. Boy was that a refreshing shower! :D
Matt

chimp koose

KB the only month I have never seen snow is July  . This winter our first snow was Oct 4 . My yard is not yet green but there is no white on it .We had snow last weekend . The weather seems to be changing . We have had some really mild winters the last few years .

chimp koose

Bob , I am fine where I am . The nice thing about my climate is that there are no poisonous snakes around here . Not a fan of creatures with no armpits .

58 Yeoman

I picked up my new-to-me truck yesterday. 2014 Tacoma with 7k miles. Ranger is sitting outside.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

papastoyss

Quote from: "enjenjo"I just picked up a lightly used Stihl chain saw. It was recommended to use the Stihl fuel premix. I went to the dealer today, it's $33 a gallon! It will get premium with valvoline two cycle oil, and Stabile.
I stepped up & bought a new Stihl saw a few years back, I now don't cuss anywhere as much as when I had a Poulan  or Homelite. I do use the Sthil brand oil mix, it runs much cleaner than other brands I have used.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

kb426

This morning I purchased 40' of 5/16" chain and 2 hooks. I also picked up a chain saw. I spent the largest portion of the day pulling limbs from yards and stacking them in side streets awaiting pickup. I'm not sure I'll be able to move tomorrow. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Matt, I am so happy you had insurance. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Matt, I am so happy you had insurance. :)

Me too, and how! Meeting adjuster Friday. Tree guy wants $1,400 but insurance maxes out at $750 for tree removal. I have a low deductible but am still screwed. Hotel breakfast is not bad though. Not having a desktop PC that will connect is really bothering me. :evil: But my spirits are good, with all things considered. Just imagine the whiny spell I'd have had without ins coverage :oops:
Matt