1969 Chevelle body repairs

Started by idrivejunk, November 18, 2016, 09:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Its an unfortunate thing but yepper, not unheard of nor undealwithable. Expletives may flow freely when its all together and folks get their first look at it. Everything so far is just sooo nice looking that I am imagining a fairly stunning car being the end result. Its gonna be one of those rides that makes guys my age want it real bad.
Matt

idrivejunk

Better progress today. I put the trunk lid on plus this stuff. Not a scratch on it or me.  :)  Those hood side bumpers on the fenders need to settle down but so far so good. Has that 4x4 stance, don't it?  :lol:

Matt

kb426

The reason it's so high in the air is so old guys don't have to bend over for assembly. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Look at it this way ...Now you don't need to jack it up for that 70's stance ... 8)      Oh ..If the same windshield guy is coming back, tell him to leave his belt & tools at the door .... :idea:     Remember, we only get lucky once ..... :lol:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

2nd windshield has the same trouble.  :roll:  Glass man got out a torch and heated his knife blade, zipped that first one back out slick as a whistle. :-o  Nobody has hurt the car, it ain't like we don't know better. :wink:

Today I put quarter extensions on, bolted up wheel wells and bumper filler, and got the hood lined up like I like. The side bumpers were upside down. Hood gets scary close to one fender when its open, but the fit is nice when closed considering the hinges are OEM. Can't wait to see it outside. After I hang bumpers, that's it! The owner will take it from there.
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Look at it this way ...Now you don't need to jack it up for that 70's stance ... 8)      Oh ..If the same windshield guy is coming back, tell him to leave his belt & tools at the door .... :idea:     Remember, we only get lucky once ..... :lol:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:

Bob! Would you believe it had 3" spacers out back? :shock: Those are gone now.
Matt

idrivejunk

Left the rear bumper off because the customer has the tail lights and those extensions will probably have to come back off. But the front is on, and while the chrome ain't top notch it looks OK for Taiwan. Running out of angles in the little stall here. Looks like this job may wrap up inside of 200 pics!  8)

One of these days we'll see that stripe in some light :idea:  :arrow:

Matt

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins

idrivejunk

Thanks, Chris. On behalf of all the crew  :D

It came out slicker than owl snot on a greased glass doorknob if'n ya ask me. The owner gave me a firm handshake, some Pontiac rims he had laying around, and texted me a pic of it at home along with a nice comment about the work that I did on it.  :)

Picture day weather is always luck-o-the-draw and this day was overcast. That gloss though! 8) Hat guy did the metal work and short pants did the mud.

Matt

kb426

Your shop deserves many compliments on that car as most of what I have seen you show pics of. However, I'm so glad that I don't own that car, I can barely stand it. I couldn't keep it clean. The way I use my stuff, it wouldn't last 2 days before I might have to hurt someone. :) I have trouble keeping white decent. LOL GOOD job!
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

KB is correct ...It would never stay like that at my house either .... :roll:   I would have it dirty before it was completed .... :(

NICE work on this car ...The entire crew deserves an "Atta-Boy"..... 8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Same here. My skin crawls when I go to my grandsons house, he has three black cars and a black truck. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I have a couple black cars myself and they don't get dirtier than white cars. This car is mainly for show, as far as I know. If it were mine it would sit out in all weather and attract hail! Thanks, guys. 8)
Matt

Carnut

idrivejunk

Woops, posted to wrong thread!  :oops:
Matt