1969 Chevelle body repairs

Started by idrivejunk, November 18, 2016, 09:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I know this thread lost the pics but our hero sent me a couple progress shots yesterday from his car cave. Man what a juicy Chevelle. 8)

Matt

kb426

useless drivel added. :) One of the guys that I went to school with got a new one at the tail of the model year. Met. blue with a white interior. Back then, the parking lot had many muscle cars. The 1st tier had the new cars, the rest of us had older models. I was several years behind. :) What I remember most about that ss396 was the owners girl friend for a while. Blond headed girl that got after the throttle  pretty serious. Plenty of thoughts to make a young man's mind have a runaway. :) Looks like the owner is progressing. :)
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Pic of me in moms 58 DeSoto in my high school parking lot around 1964 before I got my HotRod.

Then my coupe in my senior year 65/66

Was always jealous of friends who had yellow 64 Pontiac GTO Convertible parents bought them brand new and friend with a red 62 Impala SS. And the friend who had a white 63 Ford Galaxie XL 390 4spd his grandmother bought him and the friend who had a white 64 Impala 409 with a column shift powerglide I had a hard time believing it was a factory option.

idrivejunk

I am all about mindless drivel and such. When I was 17 I found this cherry 75K miles 307 3 on tree Malibu with fresh white vinyl on the seats. Friends helped and we laid down the Cordovan maroon, Polar white, and Tuxedo black in Lucite followed by lots of super duty compound. I was well on my way with it as a kid project when it met an untimely demise. Last time I saw it that left rear G60 was against the threaded end of the door striker pin. Yeah I was in it at the time and yeah I still have a quarter extension I picked up out of the ditch across Hwy 1 south as a momento. I'm willing to say that if not for that, I would still have it.

There was a young man parking his Chevelle at the vo-tech next to my HS and I had been walking past it when going over there for drafting elective. A deal was struck, and while the end of the story comes just as fast and with no less sad, my girlfriend and I had some good times on the interior.

The day I showed it to my Plum Mist 428 67 GTO and skunk colored 75 442 buddies at the trailer park. The obligatory red headband meant something different back then and I didn't wear it just hung it there to distinguish myself from the rednecks and jocks.

Of course for $900, it may need work. Dad and I had to replace the tire chirper soon.

Halloween foolishness, I think in 1984.

One day my shutterbug friend suggested we take it and his dk blue 77 Formula out to Kisatche National Forest and get some cool shots. I ended up having to start off in grass to get this one.

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Full glory.  :shock:  :D  8)

This thing really knocks my socks off, wow!

Matt

idrivejunk

Birds are gonna think its a pond. :lol:  :cry:  :roll:  :arrow:
Matt

kb426

None of my friends had black ones. Brings back memories, though. :)
TEAM SMART