1969 Chevelle body repairs

Started by idrivejunk, November 18, 2016, 09:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"No question about black's reflective capabilities. :) Has the owner seen it yet?

He came by today and I asked if his glossometer was pegged. He seemed cheery :D  but was discussing some low gloss underhood stuffs when I walked by cracking wise. :roll:  :arrow:
Matt

kb426

You don't need to call me to assemble it. I might fall down walking in the room and splatter blood everywhere. :) That needs young guys that can see and have steady hands.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

We have a gore / barf mop, come join the fun :D

I have been using twenty-somethings to hang doors. They hold em while I bolt em and usually by the time a door is secure, we both have an anxiety sweat going. I'd be a nervous wreck at those times if not for my collision repair experience. Right now my new 7/16 + 1/2" ratchet wrench is missing so I hope I find it before hanging doors.
Matt

idrivejunk

I put doors back on today, no worries.  :)

Matt

idrivejunk

I usually keep dudes outta my shots but I just like this pic... tell me which is a glass man and which is a job rodder. They are dry fitting the back window here-

Looks like the windshield went fine...

Matt

kb426

I get nervous just looking at the pics. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

The multi-tool and belt buckle of the guy on the right might give me fits if that car were mine .

UGLY OLDS

I agree with Chimp...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    :shock:  :shock:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

So you gentlemen neither wear belts nor use tools when you work on your cars?  :roll:
Matt

chimp koose

Not one painted so nice ! I'd be scared to fart next to it , might lose its gloss .

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"So you gentlemen neither wear belts nor use tools when you work on your cars?  :roll:

I both use tools & wear a belt when working on cars .. When working on show cars or street rods, the buckle is moved to around my side rather than in front & my needed tools are on a bench next to where I am working .....I also have been known to wrap my belt buckle in a roll of my shirt.... :idea:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

If what you guys are trying to say is that the glass man is on the right, thats correct. For me, tools go on the floor because they can't fall off it and my belt is one that can't scratch. Mindset is the important part when caution is called for. The danger is not in standing on the edge of a cliff, but in being unwary there. :)
Matt

papastoyss

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"So you gentlemen neither wear belts nor use tools when you work on your cars?  :roll:

I both use tools & wear a belt when working on cars .. When working on show cars or street rods, the buckle is moved to around my side rather than in front & my needed tools are on a bench next to where I am working .....I also have been known to wrap my belt buckle in a roll of my shirt.... :idea:

Bob.. :wink:
HeHe, I have enough  "overhang" the belt buckle is a non issue!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

idrivejunk

Didn't get far today. Mainly just messed with emblems, discovered parts issues, and stapled splash shields. You'll love this though... upon removing decals and cleaning the new windshield... a defect was discovered on the glass. Under two layers of stickers and with buff marks. So its coming back out.

Matt

kb426

Insert expletive here: ???
That's not the 1st time I've heard of that.
TEAM SMART