68 Camaro bodywork

Started by idrivejunk, March 11, 2016, 03:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Looks GREAT  :!:  8)  
No runs , No drips , No errors ..... 8)
Maybe someday I will be able to paint things going "up & down".. :roll:
My best paint work is on things laying flat...  :oops:  :oops:

Bob... :wink:

What is it the old bumper sticker sez: "Welders do it at any angle"? Same could be said for our gun-man, its uncanny. First thing I noticed 5 years ago was that unique talent for adequate prep (cleaning, pinholes, tacking, gun maint, etc) and consistent paint coverage no matter the shape. Many years of doing bike parts helps, I'm sure. It ain't the best booth but the painter is sure-footed.  :wink:  :D Thats my friend, Ken. He paints every job.
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Rrumbler"Sorry, mixed up.

That is allowed. We'll put you on the handle of a paint stick and all will be well.  :wink:
Matt

idrivejunk

When I came out of a store at lunch today, a '15 yellow and black Camaro had parked next to me. But later I helped shove the '68 into the assembly arena, and man yeah that color is loud outside. People are gonna love the Lemon Peel.

Anyway so I took a few parts back there and snapped a few under the strange lighting, as an update. The owner was right there when I took these, and he is very much stoked. The guy putting it together is in the middle of another '34 floor currently, a coupe this time. So updates will slow down for awhile but the other Camaro may see more action soon so keep em peeled and thanks for looking.

Matt

kb426

People that don't do there own work are always referring to "paint jail". Those Camaro's haven't been in your shop forever but I wonder if the owners still believe it's been too long? ????
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

This build started so long ago, in the 90s, (and was pulled out of a shop or two) that paint jail syndrome must be just off the scale for this man. Steady work and solid, quantifiable progress has kept him cool. The fact that our well-rounded crew has been in place awhile sure helps us stay ahead of the gripe curve. Thats huge and draws in lots of jobs. Most folks are OK with the flow of dollars vs labor since the work is well documented and itemized, and time for each operation is kept reasonable. Today, our hero spoke in excited tones about this part and that, and surely trimming it out with his favorite goodies will get him feeling involved in the progress. But as always... we'll need to hustle like flat rate crash shop techs to do the deed.

The other Camaro is just hanging out until funds are replenished for the next phase's labor. Being able to pause the work is another helpful selling tool. We have storage!
Matt

UGLY OLDS

QuoteThe other Camaro is just hanging out until funds are replenished for the next phase's labor. Being able to pause the work is another helpful selling tool. We have storage!
[/quote]

Does this mean that I could send you my Model A fenders & say , $29.95 to get us started  :idea:  :?:  :?:  :lol:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

You're almost there buddy. Just keep bumping that decimal to the right a little.  :wink:
Matt

idrivejunk

How about a jumble of pics to cover a week or two's progress? The trunk lid bumpers are not in place yet, so that gap looks tight at the back in this first pic-

Next week, Mike will begin assembly in earnest. He has been working on the '33 in the one pic, and I'm about to start on it while he starts on the pile of Camaro parts. Might not be long until we can gawk at it with the big-n-littles on!  8)
Matt

chris spokes

that is looking good matt  8)
he who has the most toys wins

kb426

I was wondering what was going on!
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thanks, you guys.  8)  We're getting there-

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

UGLY OLDS

Gee Granny ...What big tyares  you got .... :shock:  Not "M&S" rated, huh  :?:  :lol:
That car gonna need a whole lotta motor for them tires ....  :?

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Gee Granny ...What big tyares  you got .... :shock:  Not "M&S" rated, huh  :?:  :lol:
That car gonna need a whole lotta motor for them tires ....  :?

Tire says its a light truck  :shock:  :roll:  :lol:  So maybe  :?:  :?:  :?:

But that engine is still a mystery. Hmm. The potential to hook seems to be there  :wink:
Matt

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins