68 Camaro bodywork

Started by idrivejunk, March 11, 2016, 03:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I think he is doing fine, too.   :D  :arrow:

Today both sides got this treatment... DP90LF epoxy on doors and partial quarters. The existing primer was unstable and had some rust underneath in places.

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

chimp koose

Thankfully model T doors overlap so my gaps should look ok .

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"Thankfully model T doors overlap so my gaps should look ok .

Like an A?

Matt

UGLY OLDS

^^^^^   Dat Niiiice.... 8)   Lotsa fab work went into that one ..... 8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Waiting for the whole story on that one. ^^^^^
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

All I can say is wow ! I would offer to let you practice that again on my coupe but it would break KB426'S spirit as I promised he could do it for me !When the newest trend in paint finishes is a golf ball surface I am going to be swamped with work .

idrivejunk

A bodyman is like a horse... only useful once his spirit is broken  :lol:

No, seriously I post this stuff to encourage you guys. If I can do it, anybody can!

I've been road testing the golf ball theory for years now and am just waiting for Nature to try phase 3 of the experiment. It missed a spot or two last time. (Hail twice so far).

That '31 was just a bondo bath job for me, I didn't do any of the fab. Wouldn't claim it if I did! But the end result was pretty. Judges usually pass it off as fiberglass.
Matt

chimp koose

best oops paint story I have . A friend of mine in high school painted his 1st gen firebird , Beautiful colour of green . forgot to spray the driver side front windshield post !I think one of the prep crew masked it off by mistake.

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Got the news today that I'll be back on this '68 next week. Both this and next are short weeks for us. Primer except front clip this week, so that should be a good visual soon! I'l be re-doing the dash install and lining up the front end pieces. In the meantime, here is an overdue progress update. He is getting close with it and I think it will look good.

Matt

idrivejunk

Uh-oh, this looks serious-

Matt

idrivejunk

Well, the decklid needed more finish work before primer, but here ya go...

Finally grey! He done alright, I think. This should be back in my stall Tuesday, to begin work on the front end.  :)

Matt

UGLY OLDS

WOW   That looks NEAT ..... 8)   Thanks again for taking the time to show us how to make it look the way it does ..... );b(
 Many people will not believe that every outer panel ,( AND a bunch in "inners"), have been replaced ......
It's almost a shame to hide all that work under shiny paint as that's all the people will really see ..... :roll:

WAIT ... :!:  :!:  Maybe THIS could be your next project  :idea:  :idea:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****