68 Camaro bodywork

Started by idrivejunk, March 11, 2016, 03:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Hi Matt ... Sorry I can't be of any help on the photo re-sizing thing ...The only way that I know to make smaller pictures is with post-it notes & shorter crayons ... :roll:

Bob ...

So is it OK to resize the crayons by gnawing?  :lol:

Thanks and you're welcome, Bob.
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"I flat out enjoy seeing whatever you post . I have to attack my model T some day and your information could be used in a textbook as far as I am concerned . Thanks for all the posts

Anything that can be done flat out... man I'm in. :0-0  I attacked a Model A once and it got hosed with flakes the size of atoms by the dadgum painter  :roll: :wink:

It sucks that even after being here for years, I don't know you all better.

Thanks for dropping in to offer encouragement. A body shop stall is a small place and a guy can work there forever not knowing where he stands among the crowd of guys doing same. I go for textbook so theres never complaints. Sometimes I gotta hustle more than others but I try to assure that the people get at least what they paid for. Glad you like what you see.

This is my way of social networking.   :D
Matt

348tripower

Keep up the great threads on your metal working abilities
I am reading the thread today from pool side in Gulfport Ms
I have a buddy helping with the work on my wagon he is very good at metal working too but you can always learn something new! :D
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Hi Matt ... Sorry I can't be of any help on the photo re-sizing thing ...The only way that I know to make smaller pictures is with post-it notes & shorter crayons ... :roll:

Bob ...

QuoteSo is it OK to resize the crayons by gnawing?  :lol:

Crayons are "gnawable"   :?:  :?:  :shock:  :idea:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chris spokes

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"

Bob ...

QuoteSo is it OK to resize the crayons by gnawing?  :lol:

Crayons are "gnawable"   :?:  :?:  :shock:  :idea:

Bob... :wink:

yes they are but you end up with coloured teeth  :D
he who has the most toys wins

chimp koose

You can tell when the dog ate them too , but not from their teeth ! :roll:

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"You can tell when the dog ate them too , but not from their teeth ! :roll:

Hey you just invented a new kind of "scented" candle, just gotta feed poochie some wick string along with the crayons.  :lol:

The elder Camaro only got a couple hours' work since last post. As with most old cars, a full panel application of filler is most expedient once gaps are established. An 8" DA sander is the hot ticket on wide open areas for initial leveling, and the result is minimal block sanding afterward. We will also rely on polyester primer for the things that might normally be done with glazing putty if using only urethane primer-filler.

Matt

39deluxe

That's came a long way. It doesn't look near as scary as it did.

Tom

idrivejunk

Quote from: "39deluxe"That's came a long way. It doesn't look near as scary as it did.

Tom

It was a fright. Without the last few years of doing like projects under my belt, it would have been a run don't walk situation. I sure am glad its working out OK so far. These cars don't seem too bad to work on.
Matt

idrivejunk

Gnaw on today's progress pics  :)  :arrow:

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

idrivejunk

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

What is the brand of body filler plastic used there?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Evercoat #112 Rage Gold
Matt

chris spokes

he who has the most toys wins