What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

couple photos of the area the gopher is living in.

there are posts, fence posts, water pipe, low voltage pipe for lights, irrigation ditch.

If this was away from the concrete ditch, I would use the propane / oxygen gas & blow up the tunnels and gopher.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

where i'm from we drown gophers . hose in one hole and a pail over the others . Another trick is the 'gopher cannon' . lay a length of pipe on the ground . if you see the gopher it will be easy to chase him into the pipe . block the end nearest you and walk to the other end . Guaranteed the gopher will be there with his head poking out . When he sees you he will go back in the pipe , block that end . Go get the oxy acet torch . fill er up , light a rag and toss it over one end of the pipe . WOOF no gopher .

kb426

69 degrees here today. Worked inside until about 1pm. Exercised cycles. Rode out in the country for a couple of hours. I stopped and looked at what could be a future project. The owner never has said what the price is. :) It's been 5 years since we talked about it. I'm not expecting him to decide to sell. He and I are both old. :)
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Pulled the steering box out of the Oldsmobile to change it out.  Turned out the one I ordered was incorrect.  I need a 605 box and that was what I ordered, just did not get.  Looks like the 605 is pretty much a dead issue. Rock auto showed one, and I ordered it.  'Bout a half hour later, got a call, they did not have one.  I went out to Cardone and looked up where to buy one.  Went through the list one by one, and finally found a vendor that had one and ordered it.  When I started this project, those were almost new steering boxes.  Guess I better just get it done.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

Is it power steering? Is the number stamped on the box? I've got one sitting in the shop, but don't remember what it came out of.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Arnold

Just spent 2 hrs dealing with snow that required full suit,balaclava.googles.
Drive,shop,door lol..access now.
Just need to get the chainsaw out and deal with wind damage cleanup.

kb426

TEAM SMART

sirstude

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Is it power steering? Is the number stamped on the box? I've got one sitting in the shop, but don't remember what it came out of.

Thanks Phil, I got notice yesterday the the rebuilt one shipped.  Just for info the existing box has 605 cast into the main body and 7819679 on the round top cover.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

I checked mine and see a 284 cast on the body, and 7826692 on the body, and 5689010 on the round disk. I think this might have come from the 77 Caddy that I stripped for the engine that went into the 41 Pontiac. No reason to keep it, I guess.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

I replaced the egr valve and the idle air control valve on the 54 Chevy.  It runs much better.  I also replaced the pulse generator for the speedometer and cruise control.  Now I have cruise control.  I took it out on the Interstate and slipped right into the groove with all the other idiots in the fast lane.  Then I set the cruise and kicked back.   A good day.

The next big thing is finding the clunking, banging noise at the rear.  It seems to be bottoming out when I hit a bump while turning a corner.  I looked it over the other day but it is still a mystery.   The other current problem is the exhaust is resonating at cruising speed.  I may need some help trying to solve that problem.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

2 thoughts, John. The clunking and banging, if it's external, you will surely see marks somewhere. The exhaust might be a simple answer but hard to implement. When I was fighting that on the 32, someone suggested putting a sharp bend in the system somewhere. I put 22 degree bends in the tail pipes behind the mufflers and it cured it. I wouldn't have believed it could be so simple without seeing it. One of the forum members said he works with high powered diesels and sound control had been an issue many times.  He sure had the answer for me. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"2 thoughts, John. The clunking and banging, if it's external, you will surely see marks somewhere. The exhaust might be a simple answer but hard to implement. When I was fighting that on the 32, someone suggested putting a sharp bend in the system somewhere. I put 22 degree bends in the tail pipes behind the mufflers and it cured it. I wouldn't have believed it could be so simple without seeing it. One of the forum members said he works with high powered diesels and sound control had been an issue many times.  He sure had the answer for me. :)

I think I will try the easy way first and I will fabricate a couple of dampers that clamp on to the exhaust.    I did some reading on the net and sometimes they work.  The annoying  harmonic is at cruising speed.  It became especially noticeable yesterday with the cruise on.  Each time the cruise increase the throttle the exhaust droned.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Attended a ''new car'' show today. No sales reps around.  Just cars and under educated glamor girls.

We sat in some cars and trucks.  My wife was curious on how certain vehicles fit her without the BS from a sales rep asking "are you buying today?"

Went by the cemetery my mother is buried.  I install Christmas decorations on  her grave.  Mom really loved the holidays
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

^^^^^^^^
Good on you ,Tony ....I'm sure she appreciated it ..... );b(

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****