What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

The last of the parts came in so I finished fixing the daily driver. Cross over pipe, rear cat, muffler, and cruise control cable. The rear cat was plugged with the front cat, I didn't replace that, but fooled the O2 sensor into thinking I did. It's working so far.

Then I had a 04 Caddy CTSV here for a rear axle replacement, he kind of broke one doing burn outs. It's done and gone.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Yo, Bob! Was that your tv remote hand??? :)

What is this "TV Remote" thing that you speak of  :?:  
I think that belongs to my lovely wife & "primary caregiver" ..
( Boy..Is she gettin' whizzed about hearing that all week at the various medical facilities..... :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  )

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Quote from: "enjenjo"The last of the parts came in so I finished fixing the daily driver. Cross over pipe, rear cat, muffler, and cruise control cable. The rear cat was plugged with the front cat, I didn't replace that, but fooled the O2 sensor into thinking I did. It's working so far.

Then I had a 04 Caddy CTSV here for a rear axle replacement, he kind of broke one doing burn outs. It's done and gone.

So did you use spark plug anti-foulers to fool the sensor? I tried that once and it worked until about the "third long trip" that the PCM saw.  :roll:

Parked my junk next to a psycho-billy Cadillac  today  :D

Matt

kb426

The company my son works for does some trade shows. He brought me a base that they use to hold a tv/monitor on. It had grinder marks and had been painted with spray can whatever. He asked if I could make it better without spending a lot of time on it. I took the project on. After about 6 hours of grinding, bondo and sanding, this is what I ended up with. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

All Grand Prixs, all the time  :wink:

Scored some cheap 2006 Mustang wheels for the GTP today. Better! I'll work on making the Ponch center caps fit but the pony emblems and stock lug nuts don't bother me too bad. 2 new tires up front, like new in back.

:)  

Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Looks good, Matt.

Thanks! Now we both have 17s all around  :b-d:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"The company my son works for does some trade shows. He brought me a base that they use to hold a tv/monitor on. It had grinder marks and had been painted with spray can whatever. He asked if I could make it better without spending a lot of time on it. I took the project on. After about 6 hours of grinding, bondo and sanding, this is what I ended up with. :)

another photo bomb by that shoe.  LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

well,

gopher is back.  Guess the propane did not get him.

Bought some steel today. Couple small flat plates, I needed.  Found some DOM rems about 40 inches long ; 1.625 dia

Felt like crap after lunch.  Laid down , took a 4 hour nap. We hear stories of ppl not feeling good, lay down for a nap and   ........
Tony

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "kb426"The company my son works for does some trade shows. He brought me a base that they use to hold a tv/monitor on. It had grinder marks and had been painted with spray can whatever. He asked if I could make it better without spending a lot of time on it. I took the project on. After about 6 hours of grinding, bondo and sanding, this is what I ended up with. :)

Quoteanother photo bomb by that shoe.  LOL

At least he's putting his best foot forward .... :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: Crosleywell,

Quotegopher is back.  Guess the propane did not get him.

The fusee or flare trick works every time for me ...AND you get to see where the rest of the tunnel openings are ... :idea:
Fire the flare & stick it in the hole ...Slap a piece of plywood or somethin' flat over the hole & hold it down with your foot .....
Watch around the yard for smoke ...
When the smoke clears ......... The issue is usually resolved..  :roll:  :(  :(

58 Yeoman

Having woods on three sides of me, I have trouble with moles. Sometimes the flares work for me, sometimes not. They have tunnels leading to/from my yard, so they have many getaway paths. I've tried different style traps and this is the one that works for me. I've got 3 that I've bought at various garage sales for $5 each, and I just missed another one at a sale.

One day I set one and put a road flare in the tunnel between the trap and the woods. Snagged him in a short time.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wire-Tek-Wire-Tek-Easy-Set-Mole-Eliminator-Trap/19679973?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227021962825&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=52572900431&wl4=pla-84454681871&wl5=9021838&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=19679973&wl13=&veh=sem
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Bob, you were right about the best foot. The left one is black from shifting on the bike all the time. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

the pocket gophers I am dealing with are tough crowd.  The tunnel I am getting at is a ''lateral tunnel'' ... his main tunnel is deep , near the concrete irrigation ditch.

I will need to deep deeper, get to main tunnel.

Also : I have a chain link fence posts there.  Couple vine trellis posts.  I dont want to deep up & damamge my fence or the trellis posts.  I need to get this little bast**d away from there so I can get at him.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Having woods on three sides of me, I have trouble with moles. Sometimes the flares work for me, sometimes not. They have tunnels leading to/from my yard, so they have many getaway paths. I've tried different style traps and this is the one that works for me. I've got 3 that I've bought at various garage sales for $5 each, and I just missed another one at a sale.

One day I set one and put a road flare in the tunnel between the trap and the woods. Snagged him in a short time.

that is a nasty looking mole  trap...    

The trap I set saturday evening...  the little turd just pushed dirt out of the tunnel , thru the trap.  Buried most of the trap, nver set it off.
Tony