What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

TEAM SMART

Carnut

Well, I've just finished uploading the carnut.com website from my home server to a remote hosted dedicated server. Took a few days of data transfer. And just pointed the domain name http://carnut.com to the servers IP addy.

I'm a little concerned but that's the way my life is going.

Going to be cancelling my current T1 connection and going to ATT U-verse connection for a savings of $200/mo including the cost of the dedicated server.

If anyone checks it out please let me know if something is not working. carnut@carnut.com

I've already fallen way behind in choosing pic of the show pages so those haven't worked for a long time.

enjenjo

Quote from: "348tripower"I wonder if one of the cats is plugged causing power loss and a lot of back pressure?

The converter is plugged, so I ordered one, and a new muffler just in case. I looked things over, it blew out the new EGR valve just like the old one :shock:

with the valve blown out it overheated a couple fuel lines, I am lucky that one didn't blow out and start a fire. Parts are ordered, should be in thursday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: CarnutWell, I've just finished uploading the carnut.com website from my home server to a remote hosted dedicated server. Took a few days of data transfer. And just pointed the domain name http://carnut.com to the servers IP addy.

I just went to the site for a "Look-See"...It appears to be working properly ..8)

I still feel that "40 Oldsmobile 2-Dr. sedan #4" & "37 Dodge 2-Dr sedan #5 "
are the best photos of our cars that I've seen ANYWHERE...
Thank You again George for hosting that site .... );b(

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I spent a little time at my son's digging out his sprinkler shut off valve after work. The city is replacing the water main in the street and had dug around the meter so I only had about 2 feet of dirt to remove from ground level to 4' below. Tomorrow I will get new pipe and fittings and we should have a leak free shut off valve. :) I spent the last couple of hours doing something to the 51. I tried to get good pics but they will have to wait for daylight. Maybe tomorrow I will have something to show. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I decided to replace the alternator on the 54 as it was having some sort of intermittent charging problem.  I ordered one from my local parts store yesterday and I picked it up this morning.  I had them test it before I walked out the door.  It worked fine.  I went home and installed it on the car.  It would not charge.  I returned it to the store and when they tested it again, it was not charging.  Since they did not have another one in stock, I moved up to a bigger one, tested it, and then went back to the shop and installed it on the car.  It works fine.  

The amount of failures of new and rebuilt parts I have had in the last two weeks is phenomenal.  

As a side note, I lit the pilot light and used the shop furnace this morning.  It was the first time to use heat this fall.  I think November the 10th is a record for first time to use shop heat.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Interesting about the alternators John. I've been hearing horror stories about electrical parts from everyone. Sounds like your chances are less than 30 or 40% of getting a good part the first time.

Even the dealers are having the same problem. Middle son has a turbo Chevy Cruze. In for emissions work after new turbo installed. First two O2 sensors installed bad and another broke during installation. Took 5 work days for them to get it right.

Mark me down as under impressed.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Been trying to kill a gopher this week.  He lives in my neighbors yard. tunnels over to mine to eat.  He May kill off some of our vines & shrubs.

he is tunneling along the cement lined irrigation ditch. Tough to get him there.  Cant set off fireworks or propane in the tunnels.  If I blow up the cement ditch, I have to repair it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"Been trying to kill a gopher this week.  He lives in my neighbors yard. tunnels over to mine to eat.  He May kill off some of our vines & shrubs.

Quotehe is tunneling along the cement lined irrigation ditch. Tough to get him there.  Cant set off fireworks or propane in the tunnels.  If I blow up the cement ditch, I have to repair it

Tony ..Try using a railroad flare or "fusee" in the tunnel ... It will fill the tunnel with sulphur smoke with no "Kaboom" involved ..  :idea:  
It seems the little critters don't breathe to well when this happens ..... :(

kb426

Hey, Bob! How about a Taco for supper? This is the Taco I restored or should I say restomodded in 2010 fresh from storage. I sanded and buffed some more on the new cover and made a bracket to hold it on the engine. It's painted in rattle can engine paint that is close to the engine color which if I remember is Chrysler argent silver that they used on wheels and trim.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: kb426Hey, Bob! How about a Taco for supper?

I dunno...... :?   You're kinda flirtin' with the devil there ..... :roll:  :shock:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

start the day off.  Rotating the tires around on my truck.  12k miles.  I guess it is time
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
 Tony ..Try using a railroad flare or "fusee" in the tunnel ... It will fill the tunnel with sulphur smoke with no "Kaboom" involved ..  :idea:  
It seems the little critters don't breathe to well when this happens ..... :(

well this morning,  I found fresh dirt above ground again.  Next to the cement ditch. I was able to dig back far enough , about 18 inches.  I found what I think is his main tunnel, not a lateral tunnel.

Pulled out the propane tank.  Injected propane for a few minutes.  I read that if the gas does not kill them. The odor of the propane will chase them out.

I did the propane deal about 4 yrs ago in back yard area ditch.  I have never had another gopher there since.
Tony

kb426

Tony, where is Bill Murray when you need him?
I worked on my son's sprinkler system, picked up leaves in the yard and got started rebuilding a set of hood hinges for the 51. I have an idea that may or may not be good. It got up to 70 degrees here. I was sweating while working in the yard. I love it!
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

We have moles in our yard.  I have always wanted to hook up the exhaust from my lawnmower to their tunnels.  They are a nuisance but do not cause problems other than their runs or tunnels.  I use my large heavy mower to roll the tunnels flat.  Years ago we had a dog and a cat that would team up to try to catch a mole.  It was interesting to watch the two animals hunt together.  They would spend long periods of time listening and then digging for the mole.  I do not remember seeing them catch one.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH