What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I mowed front yard yesterday, picked weeds and trimmed hedge. Washed and waxed the GTP while a robin watched and waited for a worm from it's Ma. More chores today but also some nice day cruising and a nap. Hopefully not all at once.

Anybody going to that NSRA meet in Springfield next weekend? Gary is taking his green Bronco.

Took the GT out this morning and snagged some long overdue tool relief. You'd think I was a fur trapper as much as I hate "going to town" and shopping.  :roll:  

Theres a few things here I haven't had before. The angle die grinder, 4" cutoff tool, pistol grip blow gun, actual welding gloves, sturdy SAE ratchet wrenches, and stepless drill bits. The list of stuff I need but didn't get is just as long but this will sure help me right now.

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Received a phone call from a  brother of my buddy Eric.

Eric is the guy that dropped dead April 29 at home.

The brother asks questions about a 1948 Chevy truck Eric had.  Eric and I did a swap - cash deal of some type on the truck in 1998 or 1999.  The brother can not find the title.  Asking if the truck ever had a title.

I look in my file cabinet, find an old folder on the 48 chevy truck.  Inside, the title, still in my name.

Why I still have the title? I  Dont know.  I thought Eric had sold the truck. He had not mentioned the truck for 10+ yrs.  When I was at his house over the years, we never went into the garage
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

One more BLUE OVAl in the stable. Vickie's parts car arrived last week.
The Chevy II is STILL in my garage so I installed the radiator and shroud after yard work tonight. Maybe I will install his grill tomorrow after my chores are done.
https://goo.gl/photos/jvoeCyZVqLQTxLz1A
https://goo.gl/photos/BUui4pZPN9NrnkaN6
https://goo.gl/photos/Vz3wpcPCG5RDDVY27
https://goo.gl/photos/iUbZbPenDSUoe4Zb7
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

chimp koose

got the por 15 done on the T . The entire inside is now silver por 15 , 2 coats . Got some on my legs and wrists . Green scratch pad and a good pain threshold and that is mostly gone . The real surprise  was when I got home and looked in the mirror . under one eye and across the nose . My wifes abrasive fingernail file did the trick , it hurt but it worked !

GPster

Quote from: "chimp koose"got the por 15 done on the T . The entire inside is now silver por 15 , 2 coats . Got some on my legs and wrists . Green scratch pad and a good pain threshold and that is mostly gone . The real surprise  was when I got home and looked in the mirror . under one eye and across the nose . My wifes abrasive fingernail file did the trick , it hurt but it worked !
You should have left it. They would have been places you wouldn't get "Rusty". GPster

sirstude

I was on call this weekend, so mostly was solving computer/phone/network/user issues all weekend, don't know how so many people can forgot their password.  Also was moving tools from my old toolbox to my new/used tool box.  I will have to take a picture this week.  It is a Snap On "Metal Haven" box, really big.  Looks like I will have 4 or 5 completley open drawers even after putting all my plastic storage cases into it.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Carnut

Well, you all can laugh, but after selling my 40 Ford Tudor after 38yrs, I went and bought a 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Convertible. I already have a 2002 Base PT Cruiser wagon that I bought new in 2001 after ordering it from the factory. So, I kinda like PT Cruisers.

Anyhow the Conv was a 'Where Is, As Is' buy and kinda cheap so I bought it as kind of a play thing. I'm no longer into heavy duty mechanix but I figured I could handle whatever this thing needed. Small and light duty stuff, besides I have T-Vicky around to help out with the hard stuff.

So far new headlights, hood struts, new radio, leather arm rests and steering wheel cover, blue dot taillights and some body work.

Heh, heh, pics of the hard stuff now.

Dual exhaust and American Racing 16" Torque-Thrust M wheels next.

WZ JUNK

Carnut, I am glad you felt like doing a project.  They are interesting to look at but I have never driven one.  I wish you would drive it to Springfield, Mo this weekend and take photos.  We are long overdue for a visit.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

National holiday in Canada , all of my wifes family arrived at our house and we set out for the location to scatter her dad's ashes . He loved planes , one flew over and circled us a few times just by coincidence right before we released the ashes in the place he had requested . It was an honour to carry out his last request .

Crosley.In.AZ

Co-worker had a 2004 PT Crusier, his wife's first new car ever.  280k miles on it , before the engine block gave up.

he kept the maintenance up on the vehicle.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

This thing looks better every time I walk by-

Matt

sirstude

Here is a picture of the new/used tool box that I got.  It is 54" wide, 30" deep and 66" tall.  About 4 times the space of the old one.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

More grinding on the T . This time the top of the sub rails . Ready for por15 , hopefully tomorrow . Also made the last of my floor sections . They will go in after the sub rails are painted . I will paint the floors on both sides then rivet them in with sealer around all the edges . I would like some suggestions on a master cyl with remote reservoir that is shorter than 8" and able to properly activate gm Camaro 2"plus bore calipers . I want to try and run the master cyl under dash and beside my recessed firewall . limited space but probably easier than a 90degree unit . Any suggestions ?

WZ JUNK

My wife and I each drove our 1954 Chevy that we have owned for 14 years.  It was the first time it has been driveable since we bought it in 2002.  It is amazing what you can get done if you stick with it.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART