What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"Worked on the 1962 Falcon.  It's Inline 6 powered  drag strip days are over. Putting it back into full street trim with the Inline 6 power. Electric water pump drive off. Large pulley on alternator : off. Fresh air intake systems : off .... Muffler & 2 into 1 pipes back on.  I may even put the wipers back on
When you put it up for sale you can say you only drove it a few times a week on very short pleasure trips...most of them less than a mile round trip. :roll:
George

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Glen"Tony......Now you just need some of that silicon bronze tig rod to weld that in.

the rod is easy to get.

I dont own  a tig machine.

I dont know how to use a tig machine.

I know a guy that would be more than happy to weld it in.....especially if you have it all cut and ready to go in?   :D  :wink:  :wink:

idrivejunk

I met my new project today and it sent a few shivers down my spine. A 68 Camaro with new metal and bad bodywork. Lots of sheetmetal snafus to fix. But its muscle. Should I make a progress pics thread here at RRT?

The ol white pony is ready to spray, finally. I enjoy a good masking job every now and then. Beats sanding but I do hate doing jambs with doors on.

Matt

phat46

That Mustang looks super straight, even in primer. It should look great with paint! Nice work.

UGLY OLDS

Yes on the progress pic's.... 8)  ( With the Boss's blessing, of course ) :lol:

We LIKE pictures  :!:  :!:  8)

The Mustang looks GOOD..  :b-d:  
Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

idrivejunk

I'm on it like a rooster on a junebug.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

swapped car tire back on to Goldwing. Car tire on right in photo, has 19k miles on it now.  Michelin run flat tire. May get 40k on it.

Cycle tire will last about 12k miles on rear & costs more.

Goldwing was in doctors office (dealer) ... brake master cylinders recall. rear master and secondary front master that is on front fork.  Cycle tire back on for that work
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Tony, I'm still getting recall notices for my Wing, and I sold it in early '13. I did the forward/I don't own it any more thing the first time. Now, I just pitch them.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Tony, I'm still getting recall notices for my Wing, and I sold it in early '13. I did the forward/I don't own it any more thing the first time. Now, I just pitch them.

Received a call last week from local VW dealer asking my opinion of recent service work on my Jetta.

I told the guy: I have not owned a VW in at least 5 yrs. .. long pause.

He then commented  ; he was reading records from 2006 , not 2016. Apologized a few times
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Tony, I'm still getting recall notices for my Wing, and I sold it in early '13. I did the forward/I don't own it any more thing the first time. Now, I just pitch them.

Received a call last week from local VW dealer asking my opinion of recent service work on my Jetta.

I told the guy: I have not owned a VW in at least 5 yrs. .. long pause.

He then commented  ; he was reading records from 2006 , not 2016. Apologized a few times

Got my property assessments in the mail earlier this week, then a couple days later got an envelope from the City in the mail. Opened it up and there was another assessment from them inside the envelope (the assessments come in those tear off the sides to open things) this one simply had the last name of the previous owner of our property on it, no first names, no address....we bought the house from them 39 years ago....

58 Yeoman

Oh yeah, about the recalls. The other day, I received my second notice that my '05 Ranger is being recalled for faulty air bags. They will contact me when new air bags are available.

Today, my wife and I cut down a 40' pine tree in the front yard. It's been dying the last couple years. We cut it down, cut it up and shredded all the smaller limbs with my C-man 5hp chipper. Last year, I took it apart and sharpened the blades and flails. WOW! What a difference that made. It was grinding up 2" limbs. Then we planted three sand cherry plants to take its' place.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Yard work for me and some tinkering on the 32. 60 degrees but a little windy.
TEAM SMART

Pete

Deburring holes in 404 lifters.

kb426

TEAM SMART