What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

I've got the Corvair out for a drive this morning. New exhaust sounds good. Eight track player works if I wedge a quarter in next to the tape......... :oops: Trying to find some vinyl stripe to match the top. Its dark red.

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"In the first 5 days of March we have had 5" of snow. That is more than we had in November, and December combined. :shock:

Ditto..S Central Ontario..although the last 2 storms were in the last week or so..both a good 2' or so(30-40cm..some areas 60)

58 Yeoman

The same young guy that cut down the dead oak a week or so ago it back today, climbing some tall trees to cut dead or overhanging limbs. Bucket truck would've been easier, but he's young and starting out on his own. Besides, my field tile is under where he's cutting, so he couldn't get a bucket in there anyway.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

Mikej maybe we should start a tech thread on how to make 8tracks work . I used to shove a book of matches under the tape , less chance of scratching anything .

kb426

Did a wife project. Worked on some interior trim on the 51. 68 degrees here. Pretty nice day.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "kb426"Did a wife project. Worked on some interior trim on the 51. 68 degrees here. Pretty nice day.

We made a partly cloudy 41 after an overnight dusting. I'm tired of winter even though it was mild.

Went to visit my old Volvo project today...coming along nicely, made a couple pans to go under the seat area on the rpu and starting tracing ignition wires on the convert to see why it doesn't bark to life after finishing the electric fuel pump wiring this week. No obvious errors yet but I'm ready to hang it up for the day. I'll hit it again tomorrow.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

416Ford

Quote from: "Carps"Man that's one great looking console, and only 3 gallons of bondo, that makes you some kind of master metal finisher, I'd have used at least six gallons.   :D
And it still wouldn't look so good.  :cry:
Thanks Carps, I am not as skilled as a wish I was.
I wish I had IDRIVEJUNK's skill for body work.
I ran into a body of mine who painted the dash the car and he said he would finish it for me for a great price. It' s in compatint hands now.
:P
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Crosley.In.AZ

On saturday I Bought couple 4 x 4 sheets of 20 ga sheet metal for Simca firewall , floors..

Apparently during the loading or unloading process, I tweaked my back the wrong way. My back injury pain is seldom instant. The back lets me know 1 - 4 hours later with sharp penetrating pains in low back , down into my left leg. And:   the back let me know about it. Left leg still a little numb and feels heavy from the Stenosis pressure on the nerves in my back.  oh well, life goes on.

Sunday afternoon, I feel better.  Worked on the 1962 Falcon.  It's Inline 6 powered  drag strip days are over. Putting it back into full street trim with the Inline 6 power. Electric water pump drive off. Large pulley on alternator : off. Fresh air intake systems : off .... Muffler & 2 into 1 pipes back on.  I may even put the wipers back on, they are still vacuum powered though.

I have the kit to rebuild the Holley 500 carb that is on the Falcon

The Falcon was never fast, but I did achieve my goal of low 15 sec ET with the mild 200 Inline 6 engine. We  had a lot of fun with this car.  Still need to swap out the 4.11 gears and install the  carrier  with 2.80 gears.  The rear drag radial tires are 24.5 inch tall, so the 2.80 gear works well on the hiway
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I cleaned vehicles, exercised cycles, including the 2 with dead batteries, and started working on rebuilding a set of hood hinges for the 51. It was a wonderful day here. It was supposed to be real windy but here in town, it didn't happen. Upper 70's and sunshine. :) I could smell weed spray. People are spraying the weeds that are popping up everywhere. I think spring is here early. :)
TEAM SMART

Glen

Tony......Now you just need some of that silicon bronze tig rod to weld that in.

Mikej

Quote from: "chimp koose"Mikej maybe we should start a tech thread on how to make 8tracks work . I used to shove a book of matches under the tape , less chance of scratching anything .

I was thinking they had a head adjustment but haven't looked yet

sirstude

Quote from: "Mikej"
Quote from: "chimp koose"Mikej maybe we should start a tech thread on how to make 8tracks work . I used to shove a book of matches under the tape , less chance of scratching anything .

A lot of them used to, but usually did not help, the grippers were worn out.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Mikej

Quote from: "sirstude"
Quote from: "Mikej"

A lot of them used to, but usually did not help, the grippers were worn out.

Pulling in to far.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Tony......Now you just need some of that silicon bronze tig rod to weld that in.

the rod is easy to get.

I dont own  a tig machine.

I dont know how to use a tig machine.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Started masking the 70 Mustang today. Sanded parts yesterday and today. Ended up taking the decklid off to paint the nasty body side of the trunk jamb as well.
Matt