What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Took the 46 in today to get the new interior done. I get it back in May.
https://goo.gl/photos/4yuE3oyMKh9ZPgQ88
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

I put the snow blower up!! I worked on a 91 mustang that had a minor efi issue. I took a cycle out for a spin in the country. Little windy but warm enough to be comfortable with gear on. I'm happy that dst. is here. :)
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

I live on a County road and a crew has been trimming some big oak trees along the road.  I burn wood so I grabbed what I needed and split it a couple weeks ago.

I guess I missed the work so today I cut five 50' white pines in my yard.  3 of them were growing into power lines so it was either take them down now while I can or let them grow and pay someone later.  The other two I planted too close to buildings 35 years ago.

Now I have to go back out and start cleaning up the mess.
George

enjenjo

You going to have them sawed into lumber?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"You going to have them sawed into lumber?
Nope. Just chunking them up and throwing the brush and chunks over the bank out back.
George

kb426

TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Started knocking down the surface rust on the under side of the T body frame . most of the original paint is still there . As the surface rust is removed the.re is still a factory black paint under it. Messy work

idrivejunk

Painter started buffing the Mustang before I had a photo opportunity but yay its shiny! He laid on 3 coats of clear last Friday and there was some solvent pop on the horizontal surfaces. Luckily yesterday when I took these while the bolt-on parts were being shot, no more of that was going on. So the hood is good. Also luckily, the solvent pops sanded out 95% which is good enough on this white one. I'm fairly pleased with the results. You have to get down low to start seeing any significant leftover bodywork flaws.

Matt

WZ JUNK

I bought a buggy.  I do not know why other than it was a bargain, I think.  It needs an engine.  It was built with the right stuff but left out in the weather for years.  The engine went bad from exposure to the elements along with the seat covers and other parts.  I am looking for an engine.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I bought a buggy.  I am looking for an engine.

John
Looks like a fun little project John. What engine was in it?

Motorcycle engines work nicely. My neighbor has a small buggy, maybe more of a go cart, with a 250 Honda 2 stroke in it that will go scary fast or just crawl around depending on your mood.

Hayabusa or Harley would be interesting....for different reasons. :shock:
George

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I bought a buggy.  I am looking for an engine.

John
Looks like a fun little project John. What engine was in it?

Motorcycle engines work nicely. My neighbor has a small buggy, maybe more of a go cart, with a 250 Honda 2 stroke in it that will go scary fast or just crawl around depending on your mood.

Hayabusa or Harley would be interesting....for different reasons. :shock:

I have most of the VW engine that was in the buggy.  The easiest solution would be to install another VW engine.  The most interesting would be to buy an adapter and use a Subaru engine.  Some of these are 6 cylinder and turbo charged.  

The motorcycle engine is also a possibility.  It looks like I could make a pillow block bearing mount for the transaxle output shaft and fabricate something to connect the shaft to the transmission output of the motorcycle.  This would give the possibility of up to 20 gear changes.  

I will see what happens.  I am in no hurry to fix it.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Rrumbler

Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

there used to be a ford 2300 engine swap kit for vw powered sand rails years ago that bolted them up to the transaxle. turbo coupe motor with efi would be a cool swap.

kb426

I remember seeing the pinto conversion. That involved becoming a "water pumper". If you're doing this just to sell, none of this would be of interest.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

In the 80's I built several BAJA Bugs.  I would buy a wrecked VW, a fiberglass body kit, and a few dress up items.  A paint job, some wheels, and some work, made a fun car.  

The last one I built I used a 2000 Pinto engine with a small Holley 2 barrel, headers, and a mild cam.  The 2000 was predecessor of the 2300.   I made the headers work by slicing them all just before they turned under the car, rotated them 180 degrees, and welded them back together.  This made the headers point out the back.   I used a Vega fan because it turned backwards of a conventional fan, and it would push the air out through the radiator on the back.  There was a local guy who made the adapter and did the machining on the VW flywheel.  Most everyone was building mid engine buggys and they were using this engine.  It turned very high rpms and the car was powerful.  I traded it for a Barry mini T.

The only problem I had was keeping a clutch working properly.  My wife and I got really fast at pulling the motor and changing a clutch.  Seems like it only took a couple of hours.  Now I can barely change the oil in a engine in two hours.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck