What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

So Charlie, is the 40 done?

I have been cleaning the shop for the last three days, I am about half way through it. I have a new project coming in Saturday.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "enjenjo"So Charlie, is the 40 done?

I have been cleaning the shop for the last three days, I am about half way through it. I have a new project coming in Saturday.

Pretty much done with the mechanical bits, body work moving along slowly.

I set out in October to use up as much stuff out of inventory as possible on a new rpu. It's working out good - engine, transmission, rear end, front spring, wheels and tires, front brakes, headlights, gauges, kugel brake and clutch, some box parts, cowl, tank top, clutch z-bar, linkages and throw out arm, drive shaft, wiring harness, column, '32 dash combined with a roadster days rail and probably a few more bits before I'm done. Otherwise I started with a set of bare rails after Nats North. I always need to have at least two projects under way.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Mikej

Bought a 66 Corvair Convert for the wife last fall. I put a front spoiler on it, fixed the radio, add electronic ignition, had lifter noise so I adjusted the valves and ordered some new exhaust in the last few days. Spring is coming fast.

416Ford

Started putting the new front clip on Vance's Chevy II last night after work. They call it a weekend project....... I think they mean the last weekend of the project is the weekend.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Carps

Today I had some fin playing with some serious firepower.

To help you understand todays activity, here's the view I have each morning walking down from the house to my car.

And here's the view in the rear vision mirror, as I head down the driveway and into the street, en-route to the salt mines.

One of the problems of living on the edge of a national park as I do, is there's lotsa white ants and you gotta keep an eye on things or they might eat more than just your garden.  Unfortunately when Ann was sick, I wasnt paying attention to anything else but keeping her comfortable and supporting her fight.  So I wasnt at home a lot and rRecently I noticed an unwanted incursion into my garage and the rear of the house.  Now it's one thing to stop whiteants eating the buildings, but getting them to move to another neighbourhood requires somewhat more drastic measures and the use of heavy equipment.

So today, after a lot of two stroke oil smoke and noise, here's what the view down the path from the back door looked like at lunchtime

And from the driveway.

Here's the vindication for taking out such a big and beautiful old tree.

Not only had the buggers moved in with their family they had invited the cousins, all their in-laws  and a whole bunch more.

Note the hollow trunk sections on the ground, those holes are almost two feet in diameter, so I doubt the thing would have survived another winter.  Kinda surprised the strong summer winds didn't bring it crashing down.

My friend Craig is highly skilled at the controls of his three ton capacity skid steer loader and wasted no time filling two 12 ton tipper with timber of-cuts.  The smaller branches, up to about eight inches diameter, all went through the chipper and came out the other side as a truckload of mulch.

Here's the new view as I walk down the path to the car.

And in the mirror as I roll down the driveway.

Next weekend we get the stump muncher in to remove the last bit.

Then, some even bigger machines move in to disassemble the house.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

kb426

Carps, why are you taking down the house?
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Carps, why are you taking down the house?

Perhaps the house is riddled by termites  (white ants) as Carps mentions?

It is a shame that large tree had to be cut down..  It was in sad shape though
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I had a young guy come out yesterday to fell a large red oak tree that was behind my potting shed. It's been 'dead' for years before we moved in in '08, and had dropped a couple large limbs near the shed. It was in a bad spot for cutting, so I hired it done. It's probably 2' in diameter, as his 20" saw didn't reach side to side.

It's down now, and I'll cut it up for firewood.

Good luck Carps. I hope you get rid of the ants.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

Fabulous weather for the end of February. It was almost like summer this afternoon. I worked on the 51 to day and serviced my wife's car. She's ready to go to work on monday. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

I replaced the engine oil cooler lines on my pick-up today along with a lube & oil change  ...

Two things were quickly discovered ...

A... I'm soooooooo happy that I don't do that for a living anymore .... :oops:

B...  Why can't companies make replacement parts that fit  :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I replaced the engine oil cooler lines on my pick-up today along with a lube & oil change  ...

Two things were quickly discovered ...

A... I'm soooooooo happy that I don't do that for a living anymore .... :oops:

B...  Why can't companies make replacement parts that fit  :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob..... :wink:

UGLY: we just went thru this on customer vehicle. 2002 Super duty diesel 1 ton.

Cooler lines for trans and aux cooler to trans, in & out of the new radiator.  It became the shop joke on how we got to see ALL the wrong parts for this truck..  We had given the VIN , build date on door tag to Phord dealer.  These were all Phord parts, not mis match Phord and NAPA parts.

We finally found a fitting from Alternative Hose company, then was able to finish the job.

Guess the age of the truck was not helping, but Kripes , what a mess and time waiting on parts
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Latest deal on home computers....  I had 2 older units with XP operating systems... laptop and desktop unit.

I use the Chrome web browser.    that browser is no longer supported on XP machines.  I receive messages each time I open the the Chrome browser telling me "no support" .

So: ......... in the past week , the Chrome browser has gone from operating fine , fast as usual to a PITA , slow , slower. BOTH computers are acting the same way now.. I have now switched back over to FireFox browser.  Now the computers are back to speed again.

I think Chrome sent some little time bomb in recent updates to slow the computer down via the browser ...  or something similar
Tony

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Crosley"Latest deal on home computers....  I had 2 older units with XP operating systems... laptop and desktop unit.

I use the Chrome web browser.    that browser is no longer supported on XP machines.  I receive messages each time I open the the Chrome browser telling me "no support" .

So: ......... in the past week , the Chrome browser has gone from operating fine , fast as usual to a PITA , slow , slower. BOTH computers are acting the same way now.. I have now switched back over to FireFox browser.  Now the computers are back to speed again.

I think Chrome sent some little time bomb in recent updates to slow the computer down via the browser ...  or something similar

You're still using XP online? Amazing. I stopped when support did but have one healthy desktop to play the elder games on. I figure surfing the web with XP now is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. Firefox has always been my favorite, and with the adblock plus plug-in. Periodic registry error fixins seemed to be what always kept my XP boxes going. That XP laptop is probably useful with older tuner software so its a keeper too. Wish I had what you have! I'm always on the lookout for an XP gimmie computer but most are mice condos by now. Theres still a working P2 and P3 around here somewhere but I think those have a negative value now ha ha.
Matt

Carnut

Still running XP and Firefox on all my computers except for my web servers which are  running an Ubuntu version of Linux. I have gone back several Firefox versions to ones that work well on my older hardware.

Don't look like there's any possibility for my 'carnut.com' to keep on running after I kick the bucket.

Can't hardly call myself a Sys Admin on Linux anymore I've lost so much of what I used to know.

kb426

Cleaned the shop and got ready for a small project for tuesday. One of my friends is broke down. Parts should arrive tuesday. Machine work to follow.
TEAM SMART