What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Temp was zero today and one of my garage door torsion springs snapped....again. They apparently get brittle in cold weather. Not a big deal, there's still one good one so with some assistance the door will open, the only problem is that I'm still on a 15# lifting restriction from hernia surgery so it takes both my wife and I to move the door. (17 ft.) Menards says they carry the torsion springs, so that's my project for under 10* temps tomorrow. 😜

kb426

^^^^ Ouch! The cold really hurts.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "kb426"^^^^ Ouch! The cold really hurts.

Yeah, they never break in warm weather, but I have clothes that can deal with temps lower than what we will have tomorrow...or I could wimp out and wait till later next week when it's going to be in the upper 40's.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat46"

Yeah, they never break in warm weather, but I have clothes that can deal with temps lower than what we will have tomorrow...

Quoteor I could wimp out and wait till later next week when it's going to be in the upper 40's.

This would be my plan .... You will also be further away from your health restriction .... :idea:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Yeah, they never break in warm weather, but I have clothes that can deal with temps lower than what we will have tomorrow...

Quoteor I could wimp out and wait till later next week when it's going to be in the upper 40's.

This would be my plan .... You will also be further away from your health restriction .... :idea:

Yeah, but the problem is I would still need my wife to help open the door; when she's at work, I'd be trapped at home. Of course I could get up at six when she leaves for work and get my truck out....naw, I'll fix it tomorrow and sleep in! 😃

Carps

Temp was in the 80s here today, there was a car show on at Hanging Rock, all denominations, but I had housework to do so stayed home and pushed the vacuum cleaner around, did a couple of loads of washing and tidied up the yard.

I'll finish the oroning after supper so then maybe I can play cars all next weekend.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

tomslik

Quote from: "phat46"Temp was zero today and one of my garage door torsion springs snapped....again. They apparently get brittle in cold weather. Not a big deal, there's still one good one so with some assistance the door will open, the only problem is that I'm still on a 15# lifting restriction from hernia surgery so it takes both my wife and I to move the door. (17 ft.) Menards says they carry the torsion springs, so that's my project for under 10* temps tomorrow. 😜

they bumped me up to 25#

i'm gonna get a garage door opener, this 12X12 door gets heavy;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

UGLY OLDS

QuoteYeah, but the problem is I would still need my wife to help open the door; when she's at work, I'd be trapped at home. Of course I could get up at six when she leaves for work and get my truck out....naw, I'll fix it tomorrow and sleep in! 😃

You think maybe she could leave your truck parked outside when she leaves for work  :?:  :idea:
( Overnight heater plugged in of course ) ...
If you said Pleeease  :?:
I mean ..You bein' under Doctors care & all ...... :?

phat46

QuoteYeah, but the problem is I would still need my wife to help open the

door; when she's at work, I'd be trapped at home. Of course I could get up at six when she leaves for work and get my truck out....naw, I'll fix it tomorrow and sleep in! 😃

You think maybe she could leave your truck parked outside when she leaves for work  :?:  :idea:

Well, the Menards Spring doesn't work, the bolts holes on the flange that holds the spring on are a half inch closer together than mine, gotta wait till a garage door shop is open tomorrow. Both vehicles are now outside since the door springs are off or unwound. Can't open the door now, even with my 15# assistance my wife can't lift the other hundred or so pounds! 😃

kb426

phat46, that sounds about like the synopsis of my day also. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

QuoteYeah, but the problem is I would still need my wife to help open the

door; when she's at work, I'd be trapped at home. Of course I could get up at six when she leaves for work and get my truck out....naw, I'll fix it tomorrow and sleep in! 😃

QuoteWell, the Menards Spring doesn't work, the bolts holes on the flange that holds the spring on are a half inch closer together than mine, gotta wait till a garage door shop is open tomorrow. Both vehicles are now outside since the door springs are off or unwound. Can't open the door now, even with my 15# assistance my wife can't lift the other hundred or so pounds! 😃

Nothing really to be too concerned about ....

Your forcast ......
Tonight Snow showers likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Washington's Birthday Snow showers likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 32. South southeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Don't forget .. Tomorrow is a holiday for some folks ..... :roll:

Bob.... :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

I have been futzing with front brakes. 1948 Simca, with straight axle.

Old set of new brakes, Super Bell kit, with early Ford spindles, alloy hubs, VW type 3 calipers.  Bought the kit 20+ years ago for Crosley project.  Never used it.

The VW calipers:  I just bought those last year. New repo stuff.  Hope they work.

Try to get this car running by 2018.  I should  live that long
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Put Simca into roller status.   Still in mock up stage on several things.  I will get there some day.

This is a 4 door car.  Rear doors are suicide style opening.  I know some folks do not care for 4 door cars on the drag strip.  Sorry, you need to adjust thinking

The differential is together, finished.  Need to install brakes.  

Hope the axle bearing seals keep the gear oil inside.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Tony, at least as a roller, it rolls around. :) How big is the shop?
TEAM SMART

50 F1

Decided today I was going to post more, hope your guys don't get sick of my boring stuff.

I am getting ready to paint the fender flares on my chevy 3/4 ton P/U. They are the factory flares. I want to do a good job so I decided to pull them off the truck. Rears just unbolted.

Fronts are a different story. I had to pull hood and front fenders. No way to get to bolts. I even talked to a body shop friend about it and he said no way you have to pull fenders to get to bolts. So he got his books out and (we were on the phone) he was going through the pages and he got to the correct page and there was a long pause and he said you gotta be Sh**ing me.

I hope all the work is going to be worth it. My wife just shook her head.