1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Well deserved recognition !

UGLY OLDS

VERY well deserved .... A super build of a neat car ... By a great guy..);b(    8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

There was no chance of that car not being a hit at any show. Congratulations on all your efforts to get it out and about this season. I bet its a great feeling of accomplishment. :D
Matt

348tripower

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"VERY well deserved .... A super build of a neat car ... By a great guy..);b(    8)

You must have me mistaken for someone else.  :shock:
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "idrivejunk"There was no chance of that car not being a hit at any show. Congratulations on all your efforts to get it out and about this season. I bet its a great feeling of accomplishment. :D

Thanks and yes!
:D
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "kb426"Congratulations! Was this a Mopar only meet?

It was the nostalgia drags and car show that was rescheduled because of weather.
Don Colliau

348tripower

Update!!!!!!!!
I have found out that if I go thru a few heat cycles with the wagon the computer relearns and it will wind out to around 5700 t0 5800 rpm. That seems to be a factory limit. I have talked with Russell the seller of the trans controller and we have made changes to make the tap shift work, cure the slow to respond reverse to drive shift and change two shift points for normal driving.  Each change has sent the system back to 4000 rpm default until it is run a bit.
I suspected this was happening when it just started to run like a scalded dog for no reason. :shock:  Don't know why it is happening but it is ok with me as long as it doesn't have to go thru it every time I get it out.  I also found out there is a dc voltage speedometer feed in the TCU. So I don't need the GPS receiver that I had planned to use.  $150.00 savings. The upholster is still working away and may be back tomorrow. That's it for now!  :D
Don Colliau

kb426

That sounds like "RELIEF". :) Are you going to weight this? I'm curious about hp to lbs. :)
TEAM SMART

348tripower

Quote from: "kb426"That sounds like "RELIEF". :) Are you going to weight this? I'm curious about hp to lbs. :)

It' on the list of things to do. I have been asked about the weight before so I need to get the answer.
Don Colliau

348tripower

Sooooo,
I have not posted to this thread lately because nothing was getting done. :shock: I still ned to pull the computer and send it out for reprogramming but I have to keep the car mobile. Yesterday I installed a replacement speedometer from Speedway Motors and set it all up. It was a warranty job with no arguments from Speedway. I added LED courtesy lights to the front kick panels and the two rear arm rests. The upholster came by and took more with him than he left but he is progressing.  :lol: I will have pictures when the interior is completed hopefully soon.
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

WOW   :!:    Where can I get a "fix-it-by-itself" thingie like you have  :?:   I wonder if that would speed up my model A build  :?:  :idea:

Wait ........That was "Christine",wasn't it  :?:  :shock:

1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Latest interior work! Use control - keys to resize these!

Don Colliau

kb426

Very nice. Are the tailgate hinge apparatus stainless or regular steel that is chromed or coated?
TEAM SMART

416Ford

Looks great Don. I hope he gave you a quote and not a time and materials joab. He has been at that for some time now.  :)

By the way, your missing a left door, lower hing bolt.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Quote from: "kb426"Very nice. Are the tailgate hinge apparatus stainless or regular steel that is chromed or coated?

The tailgate supports are stainless steel.
416ford, I had a quote of 3200 to 4000. and I have a bolt :shock: But i need two. :D
Don Colliau