1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

OK here is an update.
The upholster is working on the interior. Colors are picked and carpet selected.
Still doesn't shift. :(
I did some more testing yesterday and checking with the new scan tool I bought for Chrysler products. I also did some online research. Being as I didn't know anything about this trans before I bought it I don't know if it shifted after it came out of the wrecked car. Seems the conductor plate and connector in these NAG1 transmissions can be a problem. I can see mph on the scanner so that leads me to believe the ABS and speed sensors are working properly. That is where the signal comes from.
I did find a transmission code for loss of transmission speed sensor signal. That comes from the conductor plate. Controls the shifting. So a new one is on the way.
This is the throw another hundred at it car up to now.  :shock:
Don Colliau

kb426

Don, I'd call that progress. Here's to hoping that you have found the problem. :)
TEAM SMART

348tripower

No good news on the trans shifting problem. I have another way to fix it just another $1200.00 out of pocket. :shock: I am going to make a decision on that this coming week and also talk to the supplier of the system I have now as to giving me a refund towards this purchase. Anyway, there is some progress on the interior.

Don Colliau

kb426

TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Good color picks, very classy. All I can say on the trans thing is when it finally works right and the hiccups are mostly forgotten... You'll be driving an outstanding piece of work that always has the right gear for the occasion. That's saying something. :)
Matt

348tripower

I see Photobucket finally got to me. At least I have everything saved on my computer.
New news! :D  The PCS stand alone trans controller is here. I don't know that I can complete the install before Louisville but I am going to try. I have a lot of customer work to do still. The maker of the original harness and I have come to a amicable agreement about the shifting situation. I will not throw these guys under the bus. Some times things happen out of everybody's control. We both hopped there was an answer but we still have not found it.
Don Colliau

416Ford

Quote from: "348tripower"I see Photobucket finally got to me. At least I have everything saved on my computer.
New news! :D  The PCS stand alone trans controller is here. I don't know that I can complete the install before Louisville but I am going to try. I have a lot of customer work to do still. The maker of the original harness and I have come to a amicable agreement about the shifting situation. I will not throw these guys under the bus. Some times things happen out of everybody's control. We both hopped there was an answer but we still have not found it.

Good luck getting it fixed Don. Hope it is an easy swap from the old to the new PCS.  We will see you in Louisville.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "348tripower"I see Photobucket finally got to me. At least I have everything saved on my computer.

Good luck getting it fixed Don. Hope it is an easy swap from the old to the new PCS.  We will see you in Louisville.

I am going to do the cleaning and prep to the COE this weekend so I am ready to roll Tuesday morning. The new system is here for the wagon  and I have started the install. Hope too test that Friday. :)
Don Colliau

348tripower

So the monkey fell off my back. The new controller is in and the trans shifts! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I feel a lot better about taking next week off now. Hopefully the upholster can finish the front seats when I'm gone so I can test drive this baby! :shock:
Don Colliau

moose

That's great news and gotta be a BIG relief. Any positive news on the returned wrong controller? Se ya in Louisville in the rent a rod.

416Ford

Glad to hear it Don. One less thing to worry about. We moved up the departure to Wednesday now.  Our Wednesday schedule changed on Friday.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

348tripower

Moose,
The maker of the original kit is supposed to give me $500.00 back of the original price and take the ABS and TCU units that I don't need and give me $600.00 towards them.  I still have a additional $1200.00 in making this thing shift but that will refund will help. I have not counted the cost of shipping to them and two other units I bought that didn't work at all.

416ford,

Give me a call when you get in town.
Don Colliau

416Ford

Quote from: "348tripower"Moose,
The maker of the original kit is supposed to give me $500.00 back of the original price and take the ABS and TCU units that I don't need and give me $600.00 towards them.  I still have a additional $1200.00 in making this thing shift but that will refund will help. I have not counted the cost of shipping to them and two other units I bought that didn't work at all.

416ford,

Give me a call when you get in town.

Will do.
The women can now hit women world on Thursday also.

348tripower

Don Colliau

kb426

Don, it says the album is empty.
TEAM SMART