STAY WARM LADIES AND FELLAS

Started by river1, January 05, 2014, 11:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Well,
We have a new pump and a new 90 off the tankless adapter. They used galvanized years ago and it rotted out. It is hooked to one inch copper.

And I found a bad connection in the charging circuit of the Alero and it is headed down the road.

I am tired.
Don Colliau

George.......Murph is 12....WOW!.....Seems just like yesterday that we were all trying to help you name him on that other site! Like you,I too am a dog guy and I'm guessing,like me,you will take your pals passing as hard as I do.I have people tell me all the time "It's just a dog".....I see it differently,to me,they are a treasured family member.Enjoy the time you guys have left together and give the old guy a pat on the head and a scratch behind the ear for me.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

kb426

Is there anybody that's happy it's winter????
TEAM SMART

river1

Quote from: "kb426"Is there anybody that's happy it's winter????

As someone who lives in AZ I love winter 8)  8)  8)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

yuuup, winter is good.  Fall like weather for a few months

George, sorry to read about Murf. 12 yrs old?  WOW time flew by.  

The German Shepard dogs we've had only lasted about 10 - 11 years. Hips went bad, back problems, 2 of them went deaf

Our current dog is just over 10 yrs old (we think). She was a rescued dog, very young when we got her. She is slowing down a bit. She hurt a hip 1.5 yrs ago. We had her checked out. Found some lumps on her, under the fur.  Turns out that are just fat deposits that are common on some breds.  We are not even sure what bred she is a mix of.  About 45 pound dog, not too large.

Not sure yet if we will get another dog when Nitro passes on
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

I don't mind Winter, I like all the seasons, each one brings things to do that can only be done in that particulat season. Winter brings snowmobiling, ice fishing, hunting, skiing, sledding, skating, etc. and it has it's own beauty. People complain about it being cold, yeah, it's winter the temperature goes down. If you get cold you aren't dressed properly. There is a simple way to dress to stay warm, if you can't figure it out you better move south!  :)

grazza

I have to say, in the two 'solo' pics, young Riley doesn't seem to be looking all that happy. Guessing he'd like the cold to go away as well.  :lol:  :lol:  Very sad to hear the reason for his presence in your house George. Always a sad time when we have to say goodbye to our best mates, but I'm sure Riley will keep you on the straight and narrow.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

38HAULR

Quote from: "phat46"

I don't mind Winter, I like all the seasons, each one brings things to do that can only be done in that particulat season. Winter brings snowmobiling, ice fishing, hunting, skiing, sledding, skating, etc. and it has it's own beauty. People complain about it being cold, yeah, it's winter the temperature goes down. If you get cold you aren't dressed properly. There is a simple way to dress to stay warm, if you can't figure it out you better move south!  :)

Good philosophy.
Goes with the territory.
This week where I am we are looking at temps in the high 30,s to low 40,s Celcius.[100 F +]
Down south here in OZ  our heat is dry low humidity .
The Australian Tennis open begins .
It is summer .

Frank.

chimp koose

Yesterday it was 4C or 39F . Today -45C or -49F.  What a shift in temp!

oj

Look out guys, here it comes again!  
Stay warm and bring in some more wood.

jaybee

Gonna be close to -10 tonight. The house hasn't felt as comfortable of late and within the last 24hrs I noticed the temp 4-5 degrees below set point on 3 occasions. Fortunately it was only a flame sensor in need of cleaning.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

Yup, the snow is squeaky tonight.  The wood shed might be empty before spring if this keeps up.  Extended forecast up til March shows a lot of single digit temps at night too.

We got a lot of new snow last night, with drifts.  My snow blower broke and I've been shoveling snow all winter.  Somebody must have felt sorry for me.  I went to a Dr appointment today and the drive was all plowed out when I got home. :D  No idea who did it.
George

river1

Just a this weeks seven day forcast for here in az
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

-5  here this morning, not nearly as cold as many places, and warmer than expected. It's cold, but nothing that we can't handle, other than the schools being closed it's business as usual. I am worried about the folks down south, we can home Sunday from Raleigh where they got a skim of snow last Weds. and closed schools and made a run on the stores for supplies. Now they are expecting several inches of snow and possible ice layer today. I know their schools are already closed for a couple days at least. Also the folks farther south are expecting this also. My brother lives two miles north of the Fla state line in Alabama and they are expecting snow and ice. He has lived there for nearly a decade and never seen snow there. Hopefully his satsuma trees will be o.k.

40 Chev Coupe

-25 this morning with -50 wind chills, just going to throw another log on the fire and sit back and enjoy the warmth. * gotta go outside for some more wood.