STAY WARM LADIES AND FELLAS

Started by river1, January 05, 2014, 11:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Five below in the middle of Sunday evening headed for -15. The wind is really howling, too.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

grazza

Sounds like beaut Roadster weather  :lol:  

I honestly do not know how you guys live in such cold places. I hate the cold!!! It's around 31c (87f) here today, but the humidity is up there, making it really sticky, but I'd still prefer my weather to yours. Stay warm guys.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "purplepickup"I've been too busy clearing snow most of the day and bringing in firewood to check the forum but I knew you warm weather guys would have some snarky remarks about how nice it was out today at your places. :wink: Sure enough you didn't let us down.  Be careful, we might all just move in on ya.  :lol:

Picture of my woodshed an hour ago...before the heavy snow.

Nice picture George.  I haven't even brought any wood in yet this year, and now the wood shed is buried with 6-8" of snow, and it's uphill going to the woodshed and back, so I guess I'll stick with the propane for now.  :wink:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Rochie

Up here in Ontariario were looking at -13 this afternoon headed for -25
tonight.  I have a foot of snow on the ground and looking for another 6-10 this pm and overnight.

GPster

One of my Christmas presents was an outside thermometer that transmits a reading to an inside receiver. It took me days to get out and buy the recommended batteries (AAA 4 LI not AA4) then it took me days to find our 1/8" Phillips screwdriver to install the batteries. After waiting 6 hours for the transmitter and receiver to synchronize themselves to each other it is 12 degrees outside. on the computer the weather alert predicts-4 tonight without figuring wind chill. I'll probably just stay in the warm and figure out a way to keep the chickens warm. It might be suggested that I let them "roost" in my garage. GPster

kb426

-10 this morning. The forecast for tomorrow is a high of 50. I'm not holding my breath on that one.
TEAM SMART

papastoyss

Here in the "sunny" south it was 8* this am, supposed to go to 1* Tuesday am. Got to have my wife at the local hospital for thyroid surgery tomorrow at 7am, good thing we can put our cars in the garage for the night.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Charlie Chops 1940

Been hovering at zero most of the day here - and almost blizzard like conditions with snow and wind.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

58 Yeoman

It was -17 on the way to work this am, and -11 on the way home this afternoon.  Blowing snow, but they've got the roads plowed.  Slippery packed snow.  A lot of people didn't make it to work today.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

It hit 30 this afternoon but most things are still white. The streets started to get slushy at intersections.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Supposed to  get to -13 tonight and a high of 0 tomorrow. We only got about 11" of snow last night but it's blowing about 40 mph now so it's drifting everything back in. My friend that works on the Lakes freighter sent me a video today, they are in the middle of Lake Michigan in a gale, he's driving a thousand foot ship in a gale! Those guys are either really brave or really crazy.

WZ JUNK

9 below this morning when we got up. Wind chill was 25 below zero.   We are on a community well and we did not have any water. Two of my neighbors set up a propane heater in the pump house and got the pipe thawed. Good neighbors for sure.  I would do that kind of thing in the past.  I guess I paid ahead.   We are very fortunate to live in good neighborhood with lots of great people.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

river1

Quote from: "phat46"Those guys are either really brave or really crazy.

Very fine line separating those

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "phat46"Those guys are either really brave or really crazy.

Very fine line separating those

later jim
Yes it is, my friend is brave enough, but he's looking for work onshore after this season, this is the last trip for the year for the boat, the Soo Locks close in a week, if not earlier.

purplepickup

Trying to housebreak a pup and I can't tell if he's peeing, pooping, or just stuck in the snow.
George