New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

About a year ago, I was asked how I was going to clean up the engine compartment. I thought about that for quite a while. My 1st thought was to never open the hood. :) But as most of you know, the " I can do better" syndrome started to take over. These pics show the relocated wiring harness and relocated air intake. I made a tube to replace the mustang air intake tube. The wiring will be fed through cutouts in the radiator supports that I'm painting today. The power distribution box is relocated to under the master cylinder. So far I only had to lengthen 3 wires that all were 12v. There maybe some short wires feeding to the turn and headlights but that will wait until the grille is back on to find out.
TEAM SMART

kb426

That mess looks like it's been in a dust and mud storm. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

2nd task for today: parts in epoxy and then gray to match the rest of the chassis.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

That's a pretty neat parts holdin' fixture for painting stuff... :idea:   I'm gonna steal that one ... 8)

It's neat that you are cleanin' up the underhood area, but with the side windows on the hood welded closed, who's gonna see it   :?:  :?:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, that is left over from motorcycle projects. You have small parts that will be blown around while trying to paint them but they need paint on both sides. These parts are screwed down in areas that won't be seen.
TEAM SMART

kb426

This morning I installed the radiator supports and ran the wiring around them. I washed off the painting residue. This is as clean as this will be. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thats all a great big improvement on underhood appearance. If it were mine thats about how I'd want it.  Overall, you are making leaps and bounds on the truck with all these details.  8)
Matt

kb426

Stopping point today. I'm feeling the affects of TB.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I sure hope that stands for Tired Bodyman!
Matt

GPster

I keep waiting for a picture of it sitting on the ground with it's wheels on to see that front fender wheel opening looks like. I was also concerned about  the TB statement  because I still get confussed by TBI means. GPster

kb426

Ok guys, Tired (fill in the blank) All body parts are eligible. :)
It's together. The hood hinges are giving me fits. I had it working when I disassembled for paint and now I'm starting over. I still have some parts to make for the interior and mess with the hood adjustment. I'm not real pleased with the pics. The white is giving my camera some difficulties or it's about to go to the camera graveyard.
TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

UGLY OLDS

Lookin' good ... 8)   Those front fenders are gonna fool some Ford "experts" .... :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Hot diggity dog, looka there :!:  :shock:  8)  :D

You'll work out the hinge thing. Man that looks like a million bucks from where I sit. That nice straight hood, all that fresh paint, wow.

You gotta feel good about that. Aches are dissolved with V8 seat time now go get you some. Nice work! );b(  :0-0
Matt

kb426

This has to be the most lame update ever! This is the first time in 3 years that letters are on the front of the truck. :)
TEAM SMART