New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"This has to be the most lame update ever! This is the first time in 3 years that letters are on the front of the truck. :)

And even in the correct order  :shock:  :!:  :!:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, one of my friends helped me with that. He said it's easy to remember: found on road dead. He does have a few chevys in his driveway. LOL
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Bob, one of my friends helped me with that. He said it's easy to remember: found on road dead. He does have a few chevys in his driveway. LOL

Oh there are many acronyms for that and I use them frequently!  :wink:

I remember the first time I saw the letters on that silver '62 F100. It really crowns the truck, don't it? Putting that on had to be a big enjoy :D
Matt

UGLY OLDS

It looks good KB ...  8)    I'm just happy you changed those front fenders .... :D

Bob.. :wink:

kb426

I tried to get a shot of the dash to show the sparkle but I may have failed. I made a cover for the steering column where it bolts to the dash. Not real good, just effective. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

First On Race Day !!!!!

kb426

Maybe a year ago, we had a discussion about removing wheels while on the road. The shock springs had settled enough that I raised the back end to the middle shock hanger position. I like the way it looks in relation to the amount of tire being shown rather than with it in the lowered position. What do you guys think?
TEAM SMART

Carnut

I like a little more of a rake. Think that was imprinted on my psyche in my youth.

UGLY OLDS

It's kinda hard to tell... :?   You can see some rake but , the driveway seems to be angled the other way ....
I even tilted my head & it was still the same ....  :shock:
Maybe a photo parked on a flat surface    :idea:

Bob... :wink:

kb426

You would be correct, Bob. The sloping driveway is part of my exercise program. Years of pushing fuel dragsters, projects and inoperable cars builds strong bodies 12 ways just like wonder bread. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I bought 2 different styles of peel and stick weatherstripping from Steele Rubber products. It was expensive but it's supposed to be the best. ???? I've gone for a test ride and I now have no wind noise. They advertise that this is made from the same material as the windshield rubber gasket. It came with 3M adhesive so it's probably as good as there is. Time will tell. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

No wind noise is major! Congrats on that, its a biggie in my book. Can you show a piece or the box?

The wheelwell fit thing is sacred among rodders and I'm more of a muscle car enthusiast so... pass. :oops:
Matt

kb426

Matt, you may not be very impressed with what I show you. This is Steele number 83-1022-73. I ran it around on the inside of the door frame about 3/4's of the perimeter. I knew that I would never get the stock rubber to seal up everywhere. This cab was sprung enough to make that impossible. This pic is of the right side at the top.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Ok, Bob, you see the angle of the running boards against the street. Is This better? :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Matt, you may not be very impressed with what I show you. This is Steele number 83-1022-73. I ran it around on the inside of the door frame about 3/4's of the perimeter. I knew that I would never get the stock rubber to seal up everywhere. This cab was sprung enough to make that impossible. This pic is of the right side at the top.

Thank you sir! I didn't wish to be impressed, just informed. I am facing a similar case.

I could see another inch or inch and a half of giddy-uppity in the back. 8)
Matt